Attention Creators! You imput is needed.^^

General discussion of Anime Music Videos
Hakura
Org Profile

Attention Creators! You imput is needed.^^

Post by Hakura » Sat Jul 06, 2002 3:45 pm

Hi there ^^ I was interested in seeing who all is a Canadian creator ^^ There are so many from the US that I thought it would be cool to see the talent from the good old North ^^

Now I have personaly met some of you including Tim (Doki Doki) and Nailz I believe I say you at AN? I know I saw someone else there ^^ Oh yeah and Jay (Aokakesu) I know there was more from AN but any way why not share some info.

I wanted to make a page on my site deticated to Canadian AMV creators so why not start here ^^

To American's and otherwise, feel free to also anwser this questioaire, just please tell me where in the US or other wise you are from so I can add you too ^^

If you don't mind please post some info, leave out some stuff if you so wish ^^ Thanks a lot ^^

Also general discussion would be great too ^^

First Name: Nicole

Alias: Hakura
E-mail: hakura@otakuproductions.org

Web Site: http://otakuproductions.org

First AMV you ever saw (if you remember): Blue Mercury (Aluminum Studios)

What do you look for most in an AMV: I look first and formost for effort, and what the creator is trying to show you. I don't really look for how the music fits with the anime, I look at what the creator did with the video/song and their interpertation.

Video quality doesn't always mean *quality*. A good work is in the eyes of the person viewing it. No one will like everything. I also look for if there is a hidden meaning to the video and how well it flows. Everyone is different and that's what makes us unique.

Who(if anyone) inspired to yo create AMV's: Will (Aluminum Studios),

What is your favorite type of AMV: Drama/Artistic

On average how much time do you spend on a single video: 50-100+ hours usually spanned over 1-6 months.

Do you fell that winning awards makes you a *master*: No, there is no such thing as a master, just people who gradualy gain more expirence in the field.

Do you see AMV's as an art form: Yes, I think of them as a way I can express myself in a visual form. I could go really in depth with this, but I won't for the time being.

Does negative feedback cause you to become less inclined to create more videos: No not at all. I will always stand by the fact that I make them for me, and no one else. If others like them that is great ^^ If they don't that's ok as well ^^ Sure people can be harsh with words, but you need to tell your self "Who cares" as long as *you* like it and are happy with it, that's the main point.

Do competitions mean the world to you: Nope. I see them as a way to see my work on the big screen ^^ It's also great to see people reactions, winning is just an added bonus ^^

Well there you have it ^^ A lot of questions but your imput is needed ^^
Thanks in advance to anyone who does this it's a big help to me! ^^

klinky
Org Profile

Post by klinky » Sat Jul 06, 2002 4:02 pm

Iam from the USA!

Hey Haruka, thanx for the alert. I didn't know so many Canadians were lurking around these parts. It seems I can't go our the DOOR WITH OUT ANOTHER FREAKIN' CANADIAN BEING THERE.

Quite frankley I didn't know that DokiDoki was of the Red Leaf nor Nailz or Odirurukukuku man.

Infact I think Odiruturlk had Canaidna propoganda in it.

The last thing we need is more maple bloods injecting their damn giddiness and happy love into your society. Their week wousty currency is only part of the reason why Canadian is behind us in Basketball!!!!!!!! <--- SO F*KING OBVIUS..

This little speech here has helped me spot the red-leef threat.....

~klinky

phantom_112
Org Profile

Re: Attention Creators! You imput is needed.^^

Post by phantom_112 » Sat Jul 06, 2002 4:24 pm

Well I'm a fellow Canadian amv creator, we are rather sparce these days. Its nice to find some fellow Canadian Creators... damn americans :)

First Name: Harley

Alias: Hakura
E-mail: phantom_112@hotmail.com

Web Site: No site presently

First AMV you ever saw (if you remember): Vaguely remember it was Machines Faces of Death video.

What do you look for most in an AMV: I look mosted for the effort thats put into them, whether or not they are original, even though it isnt a big factor, because its rather hard to be original.

Who(if anyone) inspired to yo create AMV's: Can't remember exactly who it was. Quite a few people contributed inspiration.

What is your favorite type of AMV: Drama (not love)/Artistic/Action

On average how much time do you spend on a single video: 10-30 hours (not really sure only finished 2 videos, both took me about 10 hours each, while current video has taken about 15 hours for a minute)

Do you fell that winning awards makes you a *master*: I haven't won any awards yet, it wont make me feel like a "master" persay but it will give me one hell of an ego boost in the amv world.

Do you see AMV's as an art form: Many people consider AMV a hobby, but there are many forms of "Art", It takes somewhat of an artistic side to make an AMV...

Does negative feedback cause you to become less inclined to create more videos: No not at all. Negative feedback usually come from people jealous that their work isnt as good as theirs... or they just hate you... for some reason....

Do competitions mean the world to you: Nope. All I want is to have my videos seen on the big screen with an audience, and hopefully not get boo'd
supersai45: -makes a fist with hands-
phant112: what else do you make fists with?

thejugglinman23: it doesnt cost me anything to play with myself

Hakura
Org Profile

Post by Hakura » Sat Jul 06, 2002 4:26 pm

Thanks a lot for your reply ^^

Garylisk
Org Profile

Post by Garylisk » Sat Jul 06, 2002 5:47 pm

I'm not from Canadia (The 51st state ;P), but you DID spell "input" wrong. What's all that aboot?
:twisted:
Alcohol, Drugs, Overdrive, Noise, Neon Lights, Party People, Revolution

klinky
Org Profile

Post by klinky » Sat Jul 06, 2002 5:49 pm

imput when you sound it out sounds like "impoot" <---which is obvious canadian.

See now look, we've wrecked her thread....

:evil:

~klinky

TobinHood
Mr. Poopy Pants
Org Profile

Post by TobinHood » Sat Jul 06, 2002 6:31 pm

First Name: Jason
Last Name: Tobin

Alias: TobinHood
E-mail: tobinhood@hotmail.com

Web Site: http://www.sakkakustuduis.com

First AMV you ever saw (if you remember): Geez, It was something by Hsien Lee I'm pretty sure. It might have been Particle Man though. Can't really remember.

Who(if anyone) inspired to yo create AMV's: Hsien's work ^^

What is your favorite type of AMV: Drama/Artistic

On average how much time do you spend on a single video: alot and I hate it ^^

Do you fell that winning awards makes you a *master*: I'll answer that if I ever enter at a con and win something.

Do you see AMV's as an art form: I see them as both and artform and a hobby.

Does negative feedback cause you to become less inclined to create more videos: Pfft, who cares.

Do competitions mean the world to you: I haven't even entered a video at a con yet so my guess on this category would have to be a no. I'm gonna enter something at AWA this year though if I manage to finish up a project by then.
http://sakkaku.icedomain.netImageImage
I've got to stop procrasturbating.

Beef
Org Profile

Post by Beef » Sat Jul 06, 2002 9:54 pm

I am also a Canadian ^_^

Who(if anyone) inspired to yo create AMV's: Tobin and Otaku Vengence

What is your favorite type of AMV: Action or Dance

On average how much time do you spend on a single video: Probably 30 hours over the time of one or two months depending on the type of video.

Do you fell that winning awards makes you a *master*: No. I feel that you can be a master with no awards.

Do you see AMV's as an art form: Yes, definately. I think it is a major art fourm, you can use it to express many emotions.

Does negative feedback cause you to become less inclined to create more videos: No. Negative feedback makes me think of one word.... Remaster.

Do competitions mean the world to you: Never been to one, nor been entered into one so I would have no Idea.

Go Canada Go!!!!
http://www.sakkakustudios.com - Witness the Illusion
<a href="http://www.animemusicvideos.org/members ... r_id=16354" target="_blank" class="postlink">ORG Profile</a>

Beef
Org Profile

Post by Beef » Sat Jul 06, 2002 9:56 pm

Dam forgot this part.

First Name: Frankie
Last Name: MacLean
Alias: Beef
E-mail: frankiemaclean@hotmail.com

Web Site: http://www.sakkakustuduis.com

First AMV you ever saw (if you remember): It was one of these two U2 Sunday bloody sunday, or Dust in the wind By Tobinhood.
http://www.sakkakustudios.com - Witness the Illusion
<a href="http://www.animemusicvideos.org/members ... r_id=16354" target="_blank" class="postlink">ORG Profile</a>

DiemondDagger
Org Profile

Post by DiemondDagger » Sat Jul 06, 2002 10:52 pm

First Name: Charles
Last Name: Smith

Alias: DiemondDagger
E-mail: DiemondDagger@aol.com

Web Site: Destiny Cloud Studios

First AMV you ever saw (if you remember): My First AMV's that I KNEW were AMV's was NeoGohan's "Downside" Other then that I downloaded the german creator GetChaos's DBZ videos and I watched mostly all of Will's.

What do you look for most in an AMV: I look for the deeper meaning. What the creator was trying to do, say, felt.
If I know that the AMV was made for a greater purpose then just to raise his popularity I like it more then if it were a DBZ n00b video just there because everyone else does it.

Who(if anyone) inspired to yo create AMV's: Will (Aluminum Studios), Duane Johnson, Vlad G Pohnert and Kevin Caldwell

What is your favorite type of AMV: Drama/Artistic/Inspirational/Classical/Romance

On average how much time do you spend on a single video: Well since I've only created one AMV and am working on other I don't have much experience with how long. But it took about 3 months for Emotions of Anime and the one I am working on now is taking about 5 months so I would say 1-5months.

Do you feel that winning awards makes you a *master*: No, a good example of this is GetChaos since he hasn't one barely any awards (well none at conventions) yet he still is quite exceptional. Although very primitive editing he does have the basis.

Do you see AMV's as an art form: Yes, and no. Yes that we can express ourselves through our anime for once. But no because alot of creators aren't getting into for that reason anymore. But in my opinion and the way I create AMV's is the way of art. I want to make someone say (I know where that guys coming from) instead of (look at goku kick that guys ass man!).

Does negative feedback cause you to become less inclined to create more videos: Of course no! In fact negative feedback only helps me in the process. I love good comments but I love critisism almost as much since the only way to get better is through mistakes and practice!

Do competitions mean the world to you: I've never gotten far in a competion! ^_^ The only copetitions I have entered are MindWarp which I clearly didn't win. And just recently Senpai contest. So if competions kept me going I would have stopped a long long time ago. ^_^ hell I haven't even been to an Anime Convetion yet. ^_^

Well thats me ^_^

Return to “General AMV”