Playstation 2 Video Capture

General discussion of Anime Music Videos
NekoChris
Org Profile

Playstation 2 Video Capture

Post by NekoChris » Sat Jun 29, 2002 5:17 pm

I have an ASUS V8200 capture card but apparently I'm a raging moron since I can't seem to capture anything from my PS2 to my PC. I'm running the video cord directly from PS2->PC through RCA and I've tried S-Video. Any suggestions here? ;.;

AbsoluteDestiny
Org Profile

Post by AbsoluteDestiny » Sat Jun 29, 2002 5:23 pm

Make sure you are capturing in the correct video format (NTSC etc)

You could try asking in the video help - hardware forum next time.

fellowhoodlum
Org Profile

Post by fellowhoodlum » Sun Jun 30, 2002 12:23 am

So direct ripping is still out of the question? o.o

NekoChris
Org Profile

Eeep?

Post by NekoChris » Sun Jun 30, 2002 12:49 am

Define direct ripping? I'm wondering about running the PS2 into the VCR and then the VCR into the card if that would work.

Coderjo
Org Profile

Post by Coderjo » Sun Jun 30, 2002 4:41 am

"Direct ripping" is putting the game disc into your computer and ripping the footage from it without using the ps2 at all. I have been working on trying to find the FMV sequences on my FFX dvd, but so far have had little luck. The biggest problem with doing this, though, is that many of the sequences are rendered realtime, with only a few played back from a pre-rendered video.

(there are no spoilers in the following. i promise.)

(for instance, with FFX, the opening sequence ("listen to my story", etc) is rendered realtime, as was the scene where Tidus looks up at the sign with Jecht on it, while the opening blitzball match from the Jecht Memorial Tournament was pre-rendered.)

Coderjo
Org Profile

Post by Coderjo » Sun Jun 30, 2002 4:45 am

oops. forgot the other point I was going to make. (we REALLY could use that edit function...)

running the video through your VCR might help. If not, you can try a Time Base Corrector (these are kinda expensive) or one of those "Color Corrector" boxes you can get from Radio Shack and such. The problem may be that the capture card isn't seeing a 100% proper video signal, and is then going "nope. not gonna touch it."

Good luck.

tetsuo93108
Org Profile

YOU CAN NOT CAPTURE WITH ANY PS2 CONSOLE!!!!!

Post by tetsuo93108 » Sat Jul 06, 2002 12:17 am

sony took this chip out of the ps2 so that if it were to be plugged into any vcr or computer it would fuck up or not do it at all!!!! :twisted: :twisted: i know it sux

Coderjo
Org Profile

Post by Coderjo » Sat Jul 06, 2002 2:05 am

tetsuo: eh? what are you talking about?

most video game consoles don't put out signals that meet the NTSC spec exactly. The video is usually a bit narrower than the usual tv signal.

One other thing that I haven't tried yet is hooking a DV camcorder up to the firewire/i.link/ieee1394 port on the front of the PS2 and seeing if I get the video there.

tetsuo93108
Org Profile

Post by tetsuo93108 » Sat Jul 06, 2002 10:45 am

ok i get this ine PS2 mag from england and they were doing this article about how the PS2 can not be plugged into a VCR or capture card b/c sony took out this one chip to prevent the ability to. that is also why the PS2 can not play ALL dvd's!!!!

mckeed
Org Profile

Post by mckeed » Sat Jul 06, 2002 10:49 am

i don't know anything about ps2 capture, but this is in the wrong forum....try video help instead.
"People can not gain anything without putting forth any effort. That is the absolute Truth" - Dante, Full Metal Alchemist

Return to “General AMV”