Anime Expo Postpones AMV Contest....

Announcement & discussion of Anime Music Video contests
Forum rules
Coordinators who fail to maintain necessary communication with entrants, or provide timey updates on results may be barred from announcing future events.
kyburg
Org Profile

Anime Expo Postpones AMV Contest....

Post by kyburg » Sat Jul 06, 2002 12:30 am

:shock:

Yes, they did it. I don't believe it.

They kept us outside until after 9:30 PM - and at 10:00PM, they announced that the technical difficulties they had encountered "could not be overcome" and they were rescheduling for tomorrow at 8:00 AM.

We left, albeit with the tech staff still onstage in a huddle.

I don't know what they are going to do. I'm going to bed.

XbignameX
Org Profile

Post by XbignameX » Sat Jul 06, 2002 2:29 am

Basically, this contest is all fucked up, the main bulk of the audience is gaurenteed to be gone because of the masquerade line which is at the same time of the screening, leaving mainly video creators and their friends/family who will most likely vote for their own videos, the general audience is gone and the contest is a wash IMO... I don't know about you guys but I make my videos for myself and for the audience reactions, there's nothing more that I love then hearing thousands cheer for something that I made with my own two hands, you take away the audience and what the hell are you left with? (not that I was a finalist or any of my videos were going to be shown... although that mystery finalist thing was kinda weird... )

Oh well, at least I got to bond with certain creators who shared my complaints about the hype around soul of an angel

Actually I apologize for anything messed up I said today, sleep deprevation makes me a real bunghole...

Castor Troy
Ryan Molina, A.C.E
Org Profile

Post by Castor Troy » Sat Jul 06, 2002 10:46 pm

leaving mainly video creators and their friends/family who will most likely vote for their own videos
That was absolutely one of the reasons why the contest voting was terrible.... :?
"You're ignoring everything, except what you want to hear.." - jbone

Return to “AMV Contests”