Ek leaving... and maybe me too

General discussion of Anime Music Videos
TobinHood
Mr. Poopy Pants
Org Profile

Post by TobinHood » Wed Jul 03, 2002 9:49 pm

Crap how long will this thread continue? O.o?
http://sakkaku.icedomain.netImageImage
I've got to stop procrasturbating.

StudioKZ
Org Profile

Post by StudioKZ » Wed Jul 03, 2002 10:54 pm

With any luck, longer than any thread has continued before...

Sub0 said "(I don't know what the heck he said)"

I think I understand what you're saying, Sub0, but you have to realize, that a concept video will beat out a technical video every time when it comes to Con Entry. Also, just because you can't attend, doesn't mean you shouldn't submit to any cons at all. Most people don't mind that. There are several good creators who can't attend cons for whatever reason, but they still find a way to enter and get their stuff out there.

This is going to sound harsh and mean and all, but in all honesty, I'm on a 56k connection so I won't D/L unknown or uninvited videos from unknown people, and I know I'm not the only one. So don't expect that you'll get recognition online necessarily. Secondly and this is the mean part, the guy who invented the Telephone but never made it to the Patent office with it isn't the guy who invented the Telephone. The guy who creates great videos, but never submits them to Conventions or distributes them (I don't consider direct linking or indirect linking via the Org to be public distribution, that's more like filing them away) isn't a guy who creates *great* videos.

So I tell you, Even if you can't make the con, SUBMIT! SUBMIT SUBMIT SUBMIT! KNEEL BEFORE ZOD! SUBMIT! SUBMIT! SUBMIT!

-KZ
...IT'S <gasp>

http://www.animemusicvideos.org/members ... hp?v=89045
I love fatties. HOT FUCKING!

Flint the Dwarf
Org Profile

Post by Flint the Dwarf » Wed Jul 03, 2002 11:08 pm

Lol this is great, I expected to see people still ranting and raving about EK leaving and how they didn't care and blah blah blah... then I see Punistation's post about how she sucks. Oy vey, talk about a twist of topics. And then I'm like, "Yeah, Pepsi. Yummmm..." and then I opened my eyes it was like two hours later and there was a dead cow next to me. Wow... I hope... huh? I'm lost =*( .

paizuri
Org Profile

El Pollo 13

Post by paizuri » Thu Jul 04, 2002 9:15 am

Rozard wrote:I just want to say that I'm listening to Polvo - Lazy Comet, and punistation's cat girl wa dancing in perfect time with it. Well, for the first part (tempo changes).
Wow, someone else that listens to Polvo. I wonder if they're still around...
My favorite video: Grilled Steak Trigun I LOVE THE COPS! Rargh!
I ain't 2 proud 2 beg! haha school rumble is great
Why do I always have the most preposterous sigs???
My current favorite thread. I'm a huge fan of GA-JAMMING.

Garylisk
Org Profile

Post by Garylisk » Thu Jul 04, 2002 8:30 pm

StudioKZ wrote:With any luck, longer than any thread has continued before...
Not a chance, do you remember the thread back in the old forum where we tried to get it to as high a post count as possible? I think we got it well into the hundreds.. Not sure if it got up to 200 though. ;)
Alcohol, Drugs, Overdrive, Noise, Neon Lights, Party People, Revolution

Sub0
Org Profile

Post by Sub0 » Fri Jul 05, 2002 12:04 am

Sub0 said "I don't know"

I think I understand

what you're saying, Sub0, but you have to realize, that a concept video will beat out a technical video every time when it comes to Con Entry. Also, just because you can't attend, doesn't mean you shouldn't submit to any cons at all. Most people don't mind that. There are several good creators who can't attend cons for whatever reason, but they still find a way to enter and get their stuff out there.

This is going to sound harsh and mean and all, but in all honesty, I'm on a 56k connection so I won't D/L unknown or uninvited videos from unknown people, and I know I'm not the only one. So don't expect that you'll get recognition online necessarily. Secondly and this is the mean part, the guy who invented the Telephone but never made it to the Patent office with it isn't the guy who invented the Telephone. The guy who creates great videos, but never submits them to Conventions or distributes them (I don't consider direct linking or indirect linking via the Org to be public distribution, that's more like filing them away) isn't a guy who creates *great* videos.

So I tell you, Even if you can't make the con, SUBMIT! SUBMIT SUBMIT SUBMIT! KNEEL BEFORE ZOD! SUBMIT! SUBMIT! SUBMIT!

-KZ
(unfortunately the sight just went down... again and lost my reply so...)

so you don't know... yet you understand ;-p neet trick... I just ask for understanding not knowledge.

Nyway I understand/ stood the rest (well, other than the clarifying your views on those who don't participate), including the consequences of such, which is why I never ask for reviews more than once... directly.

But that doesn't get to the point of the discussion, there ARE many fun videos that you don't see, just cuz MOST are 10megs+ or rm, wma peices of crap (not, not and not mine) therefor saying that the amount of videos have diminished is most likely false.

thanks for the info though :D when I finish my next video I just MIGHT send all 3 off too their first con...

paizuri
Org Profile

Post by paizuri » Fri Jul 05, 2002 3:26 pm

Garylisk wrote:
Not a chance, do you remember the thread back in the old forum where we tried to get it to as high a post count as possible? I think we got it well into the hundreds.. Not sure if it got up to 200 though. ;)
The longest thread I can remember is that Neverending AMV Story thread. I'm pretty sure that was 200+ posts.
My favorite video: Grilled Steak Trigun I LOVE THE COPS! Rargh!
I ain't 2 proud 2 beg! haha school rumble is great
Why do I always have the most preposterous sigs???
My current favorite thread. I'm a huge fan of GA-JAMMING.

mexicanjunior
Org Profile

Post by mexicanjunior » Sat Jul 06, 2002 7:58 am

paizuri wrote:
Garylisk wrote:
The longest thread I can remember is that Neverending AMV Story thread. I'm pretty sure that was 200+ posts.
Longest one I remember is the Xeno/Hentai thread that ran well over 200 and even spawned a second thread within the same couple of days.

FirestormXIII
Org Profile

Post by FirestormXIII » Sat Jul 06, 2002 8:15 am

Yea, I remember that MJ. And then there's always TommyRude's infamous VCA attack on ErMaC.

Funny how people attacking ErMaC spawns such huge threads.

OmniStrata
Org Profile

woo hoo!

Post by OmniStrata » Sat Jul 06, 2002 9:29 am

yes, I CAN dodge bullets...

^_^
"Strength lies in action. Let the weak react to me..." - Kamahl, Pit Fighter from Magic: the Gathering
"That is a mistake many of my enemies make. They think before they act. I act before I think!" - Vortigern from Merlin ('98)
"I AM REBORN!" - Dark Schneider Bastard!! OAV

Return to “General AMV”