Spoiler Courtesy

Phade
Site Admin
Org Profile

Spoiler Courtesy

Post by Phade » Sat Oct 18, 2003 8:12 am

Hey All,

As a courtesy for possible spoilers when discussing anime, please encode spoiler comments this way:
Spoiler :
...and then he discovers that his girlfriend is really his sister, thinks it's kinda cool, and then everyone dies. :'(
To read the spoiler comment, just click the view button and you will be able to read the text. The spoiler quote was created using these tags

Code: Select all

[spoiler]spoiler goes here[/spoiler]
Please be sure to use the "Preview" button to make sure that you typed it out correctly before submitting. Good luck and have fun!! ^_^

Phade.

Propyro
Org Profile

Post by Propyro » Sat Oct 18, 2003 10:34 am

on top of putting spoilers into quotes i think you sould make them smaller ... quote them and make them about size 7,

You know how many VOE spoliers i picked up trying to scroll past posts filled with spoilers trying to get to other parts of a thread.

[/|\]

Propyro
Org Profile

Post by Propyro » Sat Oct 18, 2003 12:46 pm

Propyro wrote:on top of putting spoilers into quotes i think you sould make them smaller ... quote them and make them about size 7,

[/|\]
yea never mind ... i didn't notice the white text in the spoiler quote ... or in the quote tags ... :roll:

[/|\]

Feria
Org Profile

Post by Feria » Sat Oct 18, 2003 4:33 pm

I completely agree, Its saves ruining unwatched series!!! although, anymore extreme measures and youd be speaking in codes...
The very thing that I am trying to prove to not exist is the very thing holding me back...

BogoSort
Org Profile

Post by BogoSort » Sat Oct 18, 2003 5:15 pm

Feria wrote:I completely agree, Its saves ruining unwatched series!!! although, anymore extreme measures and youd be speaking in codes...
Ohg fbzr bs hf yvxr fcrnxvat va pbqr.

ph34r the almighty encryption algorithm known as <a href=http://rot13.com>ROT13</a>

Lyrs
Org Profile

Re: Spoiler Courtesy

Post by Lyrs » Fri Oct 24, 2003 7:24 pm

Spoiler wrote:Stop spaming the thread!
Hey, nice. Thanks Phade.
GeneshaSeal - Dead Seals for Free
Orgasm - It's a Science

Farlo
expectations of deliberate annihilation
Org Profile

Post by Farlo » Fri Oct 24, 2003 9:41 pm

damn taking my credit away =\

the spoiler thing...that was mine...

Onideus_Mad_Hatter
Org Profile

Post by Onideus_Mad_Hatter » Fri Oct 24, 2003 11:05 pm

*Hatter curtsies the spoilers*

Oh wait, you said COURTESY...hrmmm...now there's a word that's not in my vocabulary. *sigh* Bother.

The difficult question is what you define as spoilers. I mean, some people are kinda freaky and don't wanna know ANYTHING about a series, like even what the characters names are. But then you have other peeps, who as long as you don't give away the precise dialog, don't much care. So uh, I guess the best bet is to just find some place in the middle and go with yer own judgement... *shrugs*

Of course my own personal opinions fall somewhere along the lines of "People should learn not to read the spoilers in the first place!" I mean obviously if someone starts a thread about Hellsing and you've never watched it before and don't want any of it to be spoiled, well freakin duh, don't read the damn thing! o_O

...ahem...of course that's just my nasti evul insidious side thinkin out loud.

Farlo
expectations of deliberate annihilation
Org Profile

Post by Farlo » Sat Oct 25, 2003 2:53 am

Onideus_Mad_Hatter wrote:Of course my own personal opinions fall somewhere along the lines of "People should learn not to read the spoilers in the first place!" I mean obviously if someone starts a thread about Hellsing and you've never watched it before and don't want any of it to be spoiled, well freakin duh, don't read the damn thing
you have to remember that people are generally stupid, therefore its needed to keep from upsetting the dumb.

Savia
Chocolate teapot
Org Profile

Post by Savia » Sat Oct 25, 2003 6:38 am

Onideus_Mad_Hatter wrote:*Hatter curtsies the spoilers*

Oh wait, you said COURTESY...hrmmm...now there's a word that's not in my vocabulary. *sigh* Bother.

The difficult question is what you define as spoilers. I mean, some people are kinda freaky and don't wanna know ANYTHING about a series, like even what the characters names are. But then you have other peeps, who as long as you don't give away the precise dialog, don't much care. So uh, I guess the best bet is to just find some place in the middle and go with yer own judgement... *shrugs*

Of course my own personal opinions fall somewhere along the lines of "People should learn not to read the spoilers in the first place!" I mean obviously if someone starts a thread about Hellsing and you've never watched it before and don't want any of it to be spoiled, well freakin duh, don't read the damn thing! o_O

...ahem...of course that's just my nasti evul insidious side thinkin out loud.
It's also useful fo when discussing spoilers to a specific series in a non-series-specific thread. Such as, in a "favourite couples" thread, someone might want to talk about a couple that don't get together until later in a particular series, and hence might spoiler-hide such that other people can talk about obvious, spoiler-free couples without ruining that series.
"A creator needs only one enthusiast to justify him." - Man Ray
"Restrictions breed creativity." - Mark Rosewater

A Freudian slip is where you say one thing, but mean your mother.

Return to “General Anime”