Other conversions?

SephirothJenova
Org Profile

Other conversions?

Post by SephirothJenova » Fri Jun 28, 2002 11:19 pm

I was just wondering if there were going to be other conversion to look more like the new website. For example, the Top 10% Page still looks the same old way, and seems really out of whack with the rest of the site. The Guides page looks the same way too. It seem really outdated with this new age website stuff.

Sephiroth
Fantasy Studios

AbsoluteDestiny
Org Profile

Re: Other conversions?

Post by AbsoluteDestiny » Sat Jun 29, 2002 12:12 am

SephirothJenova wrote:I was just wondering if there were going to be other conversion to look more like the new website.
Yes.

There's a reason the old stuff is called "Legacy".

Phade will be phasing out the old stuff gradually.

GAlbright
Org Profile

Post by GAlbright » Sat Jun 29, 2002 1:41 am

Oh, God, no, Phade, what were you thinking?

Okay. When I first started visiting the site, I didn't really like the simple style of the forums there... but the more I used 'em, the more I came to love them. Efficient, quick, smart.

"Everything here is so primitive-" "-Yet elegant in its simplicity." (Mad props to anyone who knows where that quote is from.)

And now, we have this. We have people using animated signatures and huge-ass "avatars," and we have those annoying animated "emoticons" over there to the left, distracting me as I'm trying to type this, and of all the damn bulletin board scripts you could have used, why on earth did you pick phpbb?!

Limits. Make limits. Get rid of everything that's animated, ban sigs (or at least sig pics), and make people pick images less than 5K and 60x60 pixels or so for their avatars.

Or you could just go back to the old forum script. What the hell was wrong with it?

Ugh... I can hardly stand being here anymore.

GAlbright
Org Profile

Post by GAlbright » Sat Jun 29, 2002 1:49 am

Er, yeah... Shit, wrong thread.

Did I mention I hate these new forums yet?

AbsoluteDestiny
Org Profile

Post by AbsoluteDestiny » Sat Jun 29, 2002 1:56 am

The problem with the old phorums was that you couldnt moderate on them and deleting post killed the site cookies.

I liked the simpleness and efficiency of Phorum but it's other features were truly awful.

ZeWrestler
The Big Ragu
Org Profile

Post by ZeWrestler » Sat Jun 29, 2002 9:43 am

i like these forums a lot more. the aviators add a new demension to the person, and the signitures are cool too. i think phade did great with his work on the site.
Computer games don't affect kids. I mean, if Pac Man affected us as kids, we'd all run around in a darkened room, munching pills, and listening to repetitive music~Kristian Wilson, CEO, Nintendo Gaming Corporation

mckeed
Org Profile

i agree

Post by mckeed » Sat Jun 29, 2002 10:06 am

with Z...pahde is working on limiting what you can and can't do in the forums.....i personally hate the emoticons too, and limiting images in posts would be a good idea....but the benifit of phpbb is that the moderators will have greater control over what is going on here and hopefully lead to a better forum.
"People can not gain anything without putting forth any effort. That is the absolute Truth" - Dante, Full Metal Alchemist

Phade
Site Admin
Org Profile

Post by Phade » Sat Jun 29, 2002 10:17 am

Hey,

SephirothJenova: Yep, still getting around to all the sections...

GAlbright: Just like the site, the forum can have user-chosen skins and emoticons. If you don't like them, you can change them in your forum profile (currently seprate from the site profile, but that will change). Check www.phpbb.com for tools on how to do it.

Phade.

jbone
Org Profile

Mommy, I wanna be a pilot!

Post by jbone » Sat Jun 29, 2002 11:13 am

ZeWrestler wrote:i like these forums a lot more. the aviators add a new demension to the person,.
Ahh, yes... the simple pleasure of travelling from thread to thread aboard the majesty of an ultra-modern Jet cruiser. I don't know how we managed to travel between threads in the old days, when all we had were computer mice and keyboards...

ZeWrestler
The Big Ragu
Org Profile

Post by ZeWrestler » Sat Jun 29, 2002 11:17 am

lol
Computer games don't affect kids. I mean, if Pac Man affected us as kids, we'd all run around in a darkened room, munching pills, and listening to repetitive music~Kristian Wilson, CEO, Nintendo Gaming Corporation

Return to “Site Help & Feedback”