Got an idea?? FF8 AMV

General discussion of Anime Music Videos
Ling Xiaoyu
Org Profile

Got an idea?? FF8 AMV

Post by Ling Xiaoyu » Fri Jun 28, 2002 10:52 pm

Ok I've got the clips to make it but i dont have a song..I'm gunna work really hard on this one cause this will be the first one im going to post on this site since im new...well if you have an idea for a song it will be greatly apriciated. THANK YOU!! :)

Chaos Angel
Org Profile

Post by Chaos Angel » Fri Jun 28, 2002 11:33 pm

Hmmm... Welp, almost every FF8 AMV is a romantic AMV centering on Squall and Rinoa. The concept is a bit old by now. Why not something different?

I'd like to suggest It's the End of the World (As We Know It) by REM, Brackish by Kittie (centering on Rinoa. Be an interesting combination, I think), Evangeline by Bad Religion (again on Rinoa, [there really isn't much focus on the other female characters...]),

Or, if you want to do a romantic AMV, try using songs that haven't been used much, like Closer by Nine Inch Nails (it is a love song, of sorts), or Duvet by Boa (It's the opening to Serial Experiments Lain).

I haven't checked to see if any of these combos has been done before, so you may want to look first.

Good luck.

Ling Xiaoyu
Org Profile

Post by Ling Xiaoyu » Sat Jun 29, 2002 12:11 am

Thank you i apriciate it :D

SpPANDA
Org Profile

Post by SpPANDA » Sat Jun 29, 2002 12:12 am

should make a ff8 video that's non romantic. and see how THAT flies.

Ling Xiaoyu
Org Profile

Post by Ling Xiaoyu » Sat Jun 29, 2002 12:18 am

yea i know im thinking of a vampire hunter d blood lust one or a gundam wing endless waltz one but once again still no songs well any suggestions is appriciated

bloodyfang
Org Profile

Post by bloodyfang » Sat Jun 29, 2002 12:42 am

well back a while ago I asked what anime i should use for the song "What do I have to do" By Stabbing Westward and some one suggested Vampire Hunter D. I'm not doing it so it is far game. :oops:
An ocean of dust and randomly strung together pieces of hydrogen, serving no purpose other than allowing all of us to continue in our misery, doomed to an enternity of petty squabbles and meaningless ego trips, until the whole thing one day explodes and starts the whole shebang all over again. - Chaos_Angel

SarahtheBoring
Org Profile

Post by SarahtheBoring » Sat Jun 29, 2002 5:38 pm

Indeed, there's a lot of non-Rinoa footage out there... Most of it is machines, but it's there, and workable. Particularly the ending (all three parts), I'd wager.

*checks plotbunny file* I don't have any ideas on backup, except one mildly parodic romance to The Smiths' "Girlfriend in a Coma" which'll never get made at this rate. ;) But that's technically romance.

At any rate, though eight hundred million vids have already been made (including my godawful inclusion), steer clear of "awwww Riona & Squal R SOOOOOOO KAWAIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII!!!!!!!!!!!111" and you're a bit ahead of the pack.

;)

RMS Oceanic
Org Profile

Post by RMS Oceanic » Sat Jun 29, 2002 6:20 pm

Maybe it's just sleep deprivation, but I'm thinking Geri Halliwel's "It's Raining Men" could make an interesting action video, particularly with the Lunar Cry.
"Me make you go OW!"

SarahtheBoring
Org Profile

Post by SarahtheBoring » Sat Jun 29, 2002 8:55 pm

That's different... O_o But then that song is still "attached" in my mind to Celine from SOEX, so. ;) Who knows. FF8 IS the RPG of choice for bishounen-chasers, along with Xenogears (the golden oldie) and to a lesser extent Suikoden II...

Oh wait, the original, that is, Weather Girls. I've never heard any remakes...

bebopin
Org Profile

Post by bebopin » Mon Jul 01, 2002 2:35 pm

you should do a video that focuses on everyone but squall and rinoa focus characters like zell, selphie, or laguna

Return to “General AMV”