Proposal for changed review system

Zarxrax
Org Profile

Post by Zarxrax » Wed Jul 03, 2002 7:59 pm

So people really like the system the way it is eh? Man that's quite a shock, I thought lots of people would wan't to see it changed a little.

ZeWrestler
The Big Ragu
Org Profile

Post by ZeWrestler » Wed Jul 03, 2002 8:04 pm

a little change is ok, but like i said, there are other things that have higher priority over a change in the review system.
Computer games don't affect kids. I mean, if Pac Man affected us as kids, we'd all run around in a darkened room, munching pills, and listening to repetitive music~Kristian Wilson, CEO, Nintendo Gaming Corporation

mexicanjunior
Org Profile

Post by mexicanjunior » Wed Jul 03, 2002 8:06 pm

Zarxrax wrote:So people really like the system the way it is eh? Man that's quite a shock, I thought lots of people would wan't to see it changed a little.
I guess it's just all people's perceptions of reviews. If short and unhelpful reviews bother someone, than I guess they'd love to change it. If you're indifferent to the length of reviews and are just happy someone left any type of comment at all (like me), than the review system is fine the way it is.

TaranT
Org Profile

Post by TaranT » Wed Jul 03, 2002 9:46 pm

mexicanjunior wrote:Honestly, I see nothing wrong with the current review system to warrant overhauling it. It's fair and accurate in my eyes.
You are being sarcastic, aren't you? :?

http://www.animemusicvideos.org/legacy/ ... id_id=6527

Isn't it obvious that the reviews need to be moderated the same way and for the same reason that forum posts should be (or will be?) ?

Flint the Dwarf
Org Profile

Post by Flint the Dwarf » Wed Jul 03, 2002 9:50 pm

I basically agree with MJ here but I think the thumbs up/down/neutral system could work. And yeah I suppose it could make more problems. But it's not much of change for Phade to do and can definately wait. But I think it would be good for those people who don't really want to write a review but just leave their input.

I myself am not a creator but I do like to write reviews sometimes. So I don't think limiting reviews to just creators is a great idea.

P.S. - Punistation, you never asked me to do a review :D . As soon as I can get one of your vids, I'll put up a review cuz I just finished my list of vids to review.

Flint the Dwarf
Org Profile

Post by Flint the Dwarf » Wed Jul 03, 2002 10:06 pm

I basically agree with MJ here but I think the thumbs up/down/neutral system could work. And yeah I suppose it could make more problems. But it's not much of change for Phade to do and can definately wait. But I think it would be good for those people who don't really want to write a review but just leave their input.

I myself am not a creator but I do like to write reviews sometimes. So I don't think limiting reviews to just creators is a great idea.

P.S. - Punistation, you never asked me to do a review :D . As soon as I can get one of your vids, I'll put up a review cuz I just finished my list of vids to review.

Zarxrax
Org Profile

Post by Zarxrax » Wed Jul 03, 2002 11:12 pm

I dont think most of you are understanding what we're really getting at here. The first problem that needs to be addressed is the top 10%. I think most everyone can agree with me that its worthless, and it causes much more harm than it does good. Is everyone on the same page with me here? Now by simply removing this, it could solve 90% of opinion problems. How? Because the opinons would no longer be used for promotion of this top 10% "contest". people would quit using the opinions as such. Instead, people would use the opinions more for what they were actually designed for - giving helpful feedback to the videos creator.

Now what about this thumbs up/down stuff? Why the hell would we need that?? Well, because it would make it a hell of a lot easier for someone to let the creator know how they liked the video, without having to write up a review. I know that I, and many others wouldn't mind leaving an opinon such as this for every single video that we view. This would make especially the new creators very happy, as they would actually get LOTS of feedback, instead of perhaps 1 or even 0 reviews as they might get with the current system. Now how would such an opinon system be of help to the creator of the video? Well, it would let him have a very accurate measure of what the public thinks of his video. Unless you get like 30 or more opinons on a video, i think you can safely say that you aren't getting a terribly ACCURATE measure of what people think of your video. With the simplicity of a thumbs opinion system, people could literally recieve hundreds of opinons, which could make for very accurate measure of opinon.

Now about what I said of making a new sort of top 10% using the thumbs opinons... well maybe that isn't such a great idea. It would suit me just fine to have no means at all for videos to compete on-site. But I believe it could make for a much more fair and accurate portrayal of the top videos than the current top 10% does.

And it's all just ideas, after all.

Beef
Org Profile

Post by Beef » Thu Jul 04, 2002 9:48 am

I did have a long reply going here but when I submitted it I found that the ORG was down and I lost it all so here is the jist of it. Everybody writing great reviews will never happen, people are too lazy. Instead of receving a long review every now and then and a couple of short ones, you will only be receving a long one every now and then and this could start people to loose intrest in AMV creation. I would be a good Idea if people did just start writing long reviews but I think they will just not write them anymore. Personally I have no problem with the top 10% percent.

mexicanjunior
Org Profile

Post by mexicanjunior » Thu Jul 04, 2002 3:18 pm

TaranT wrote:
mexicanjunior wrote:Honestly, I see nothing wrong with the current review system to warrant overhauling it. It's fair and accurate in my eyes.
You are being sarcastic, aren't you? :?

http://www.animemusicvideos.org/legacy/ ... id_id=6527

Isn't it obvious that the reviews need to be moderated the same way and for the same reason that forum posts should be (or will be?) ?
There's exceptions to everything and an all 1's review is certainly worthy of being deleted by Phade because no video really deserves it (except maybe some of my older one's =P). However, as a whole I've found the review system to be about as accurate and easy to it gets. No matter how often people try to change it, not everyone will be happy with it. If you took a poll of all AMV creators, I'd be willing to bet that the majority would not see a problem with keeping the review system as it is. A minor tweak here and there is fine but a complete revamp is unneccssary IMHO.

Flint the Dwarf
Org Profile

Post by Flint the Dwarf » Thu Jul 04, 2002 10:38 pm

Hmm... yeah people generally seem to like being unsatisfied with stuff. And as many people as we have here, we can't expect to please that many.

And c'mon MJ, give yourself some credit. None of your vids were that bad. Your concepts alone are good enough, I mean look at your Transformers one =). How many Transformers vids are there?

But seriously, other than a major change in the way we as members review, there's nothing Phade can really do. So let's just figure out all this other stuff first.

Return to “Site Help & Feedback”