Encoding tips for BT848 cards

Sub0
Org Profile

Encoding tips for BT848 cards

Post by Sub0 » Wed Jul 03, 2002 2:46 am

I have an Iomagic PC PVR (BT848.... though Virtual dub doesn't want too recognize it as a BT848'a', so I guess it is a BT848'b'...) and would like to know what is the best way I can capture videos? Any Faqs?

I use Virtual Dub and the default Cyberlink PowerVCR right now but that only gets me MP4 via virtual dub (MP4, DivX3 blurs the picture, and with DivX4 or Huffyuv VDub gives me a 'can't read the log file' error and 'the buffer is....' and with all codecs, it seems too skip every setting/ filter I put but compression!!) but PowerVCR lets me encode too MPEG, and it let's me play with the size/ bitrate (though it stays at CBR... and I would LOVE to inverse telecine!). It's cool, I can make ANY game footage widescreen and BEAUTIFULL with Sasami2k ;-p but I know I can do better with tv receptions... Anyway I got VDub too tell me it's not seeing the BT848'a' by clicking on the BT8x8 tweaks setting, which told me to move some dTV (dScaler's old name) files to VDub's root dir... well I took the DS files of the same type, copied them and renamed the 's' too tv, but now it says it can't find BT848'a'... wish Dscaler could just do captures...

Also noted that there is a difference between DirectShow and VFW based capturing apps, PVCR is DShow and VDub is VFW but uses a hacked driver too do it's handywork nee? Nyway the hacked driver is not supposed too work as good with things that use WDM drivers... though I don't see a dif... also DShow apps are supposed to be better for XP/ 2000 while 9x just don't care... also if you set your desktop too 16-bit it should give you a little boost, so I hear... Any other tips??

NicholasDWolfwood
Org Profile

Post by NicholasDWolfwood » Tue Jul 30, 2002 3:32 pm

Dumbass. I have the same card, and PowerVCR doesn't friggin capture into DivX. It captures into MPEG-1, or MPEG-2

AbsoluteDestiny
Org Profile

Post by AbsoluteDestiny » Tue Jul 30, 2002 4:48 pm

Well, it might be able to if you use a WDM driver wrapper. I'm not sure, as I dont have one of these cards nor have I read anthing about them.

Sub0
Org Profile

Post by Sub0 » Thu Aug 08, 2002 4:53 pm

NicholasDWolfwood wrote:Dumbass. I have the same card, and PowerVCR doesn't friggin capture into DivX. It captures into MPEG-1, or MPEG-2
Dumbass I don't capture with PVCR I was talking about virtual dub. Did you see this?? 'MP4 via virtual dub' MP4 means the hacked MPEG4 codec, DivX3. Sorry if your dumass mind can't comprehend such matters, my condolances. :cry:

klinky
Org Profile

Post by klinky » Thu Aug 08, 2002 5:05 pm

Altered Beast Voice "Rise from your grave..."

~klinky

NME
Org Profile

Post by NME » Mon Aug 19, 2002 7:39 pm

Ahem it's: 'WISE FRUM YO GWAVES!"

Return to “Hardware Discussion”