Help with Direct VOB editing in Premiere via Avisynth

Idsynchrono_24
Org Profile

Help with Direct VOB editing in Premiere via Avisynth

Post by Idsynchrono_24 » Sun Aug 18, 2002 7:01 pm

Hi. Can anyone lend me a hand with this? I read an old thread on this site where Klinky mentions that you'll get an error message when you load your AVS script in Virtual Dub. Mine reads: Unrecognized Exception! I've read through ErMac's rather extensive guide on all things video, and while most of it is clear to me, I found that the VOB editing process section was a little confusing. Perhaps I should clarify: He mentions under the required software section that you need Avisynth ver. 1.0 beta 6, yet under the instructions segment he instructs that you get the 1.0 beta 3 ver. then copy the dll..... So which ver. do I use? He mentions that you can tell which ver. you should be using through the error script that pops up, but I'm still not sure. Does anyone have any ideas? (BTW I'm sorry for all you who have to deal with these n00b questions, but I've been toiling over this method for 2 days now and figured that I need some help!) Thanks very much Idsynchrono

Bushido Philosopher
Org Profile

Post by Bushido Philosopher » Mon Aug 19, 2002 2:16 am

yeah i guess that's a little confusing...okay here goes, advice from the father of asking questions comes up with an actual answer...

use the lastest version you can find of AVISynth. forget the version numbers.
otherwise follow the guide but remember these few things:
- do not move any of the VOB files or scripts after you save them
- remember to change the settings in Premiere, double and triple check them

..if you still run into problems then u can contact me. it'll go faster that way. check my profile for my e-mail if needed.
"Many people want to change the world, but very few even consider changing themselves."
<<A>My Member Profile</a>> <<A>Read my Xanga</a>>

Bushido Philosopher
Org Profile

Post by Bushido Philosopher » Mon Aug 19, 2002 2:20 am

okay i just realized that it was for VDub and not Premiere....."baka" me.

use the exact same advice only not with Premiere involved...VDub instead
"Many people want to change the world, but very few even consider changing themselves."
<<A>My Member Profile</a>> <<A>Read my Xanga</a>>

klinky
Org Profile

Post by klinky » Mon Aug 19, 2002 2:37 pm

The unrecognized exception usually means that the script is written a)incorrectly b)corrupted c)the DVD2AVI project file is corrupted or the vobs were moved since it was created.

I would use the latest version of Avisynth downloadable @ www.videotools.net you're most likely get a *slight* speed boost from it too.

~klinky

Idsynchrono_24
Org Profile

Post by Idsynchrono_24 » Mon Aug 19, 2002 2:54 pm

Hey thanks A LOT for taking the time to respond to my question guys (I know Newbies can be a handful sometimes but I'm trying my best to check out all the sources, and if my options are exhausted I'll ask for help:wink:). I'm gonna go and try those methods right now and post my results if they are negative. Again to all those who gave me their input

Return to “Video & Audio Help”