New Trigun AMV

Feedback on cataloged Anime Music Videos

Moderators: Mol, seasons

Forum rules
Please observe the following unique rules for this forum:
  • Please limit your new threads (not replies) to one per week. If you have several new videos to announce, create one thread for all the videos. (Note: if you forget one you can edit your post!)
  • Offsite links are allowed, but you are required to have a catalog entry for that video as well. Threads announcing videos that do not contain a catalog entry will be moved to the Awaiting Catalog Entry sub-forum and will be deleted in 2 weeks if an entry is not created.
  • When posting announcements, it is recommended that you include links to the catalog entries (using the video ID) in your post.
  • Videos that do not contain anime are allowed to be announced in the Other Videos section and are not required to have catalog entries.
elseif
Org Profile

New Trigun AMV

Post by elseif » Mon Aug 19, 2002 1:19 am

Hey,

Im new to the AMV scene and decided to break through with a Trigun AMV with a song I thought would "just make a good music viodeo." I tried a (very) little bit of lip-synching and quite a bit of audio/video synching of events. I know some prefer to not have lip-synching, but syching seemed to only help as the mouths would be moving anyway.

I used CyberLink's PowerDirector Pro 2.1 to compse the video. For its price it is very nice, however the clunky interface and limited storyboard room probobly would make a lot of users stay away who could afford better.

You can find the AMV here:
http://animemusicvideos.org/legacy/video.php?v=10394

I would really appreciate any comments and/or suggestions you may have.

elseif
elseif@elseif.org
http://elseif.org

akatoro
Org Profile

Post by akatoro » Mon Aug 19, 2002 2:12 pm

Wow, it was very good, Elseif =) I like it a lot.
And good job with the sync
People that rocks my socks: Uncle Milo
AnimeJedi
MistyCaldwell

Sierra Lorna
Org Profile

Post by Sierra Lorna » Mon Aug 19, 2002 11:50 pm

I just watched it and I'm going to leave a review soon, okay? :)

By the way, I love the design on your webpage! Are you an artist?
ImageImage

elseif
Org Profile

Thanks!

Post by elseif » Tue Aug 20, 2002 3:27 pm

Thanks for the opinions and the complements. I wouldn't call myself an artist, but I try :D . I have done a few web pages professionally and maintain one where I work so I get some of my experiance there. My CSE degree program doesnt leave much room for art :cry: . Other than History of Jazz the last art related class I took was in Junior High! :shock: Ok, enough emoticons...

Once again thanks for the comments, ill try harder on keeping scenes moving and changing. I think the alterations I did on the Vash vs Knives scenes (except for July city) worked in making it seem new, but as I got into Wolfwood I lost that focus. I may go back later and redo the July City and Wolfwood half of the AMV, especially if I ever get Adobe Premiere or a better editor. Also a new ending would be nice, just about every AMV that focuses on Wolfwood ends that way...

elseif
elseif@elseif.org
http://elseif.org

Return to “AMV Announcements & Feedback”