Why is it that DBZ+Linkin Park is so widely used? (serious)

General discussion of Anime Music Videos
SephirothJenova
Org Profile

Post by SephirothJenova » Tue Jul 02, 2002 2:50 pm

Although, I haven't read the entire thread/topic, I've made up my own opinion on this before. As many Dragonball Z/Linkin Park videos there are, there's only about 35 of them downloadable. Most of these 35 actually have more than 3 opinions, which surprised me. I also know some of the people that have made these videos, such as Hakura, Rozard, NeoGohan, and MeriC. I just think that Dragonball Z is overused so much is because Cartoon Network highlights it as it's best anime. It's an introduction anime, which makes it appealing for people to use. It's also one of the easiest animes to get a hold of, meaning in DVDs, VHS, or downloaded clips/episodes. Linkin Park is a mainstream group, where the songs are mainly rock. Since they are a very erratic group, it appeals to most men. I'm not sure why a woman would choose Linkin Park though.

Sephiroth
<a href="http://www.rockmanvortex.com/sephiroth">Fantasy Studios</a>

OrionPro001
Org Profile

Post by OrionPro001 » Tue Jul 02, 2002 5:12 pm

(My GF liks Linkin Park... oh well... I still love her anyways. ^_^)

I go with what I like and that's all. If none of you like it then you can all kiss my ass. - My philosophy when it comes to mainstream crap. ^_^
http://www.orionproductions.org
Where Anime & Music Come Together.

Rozard
Org Profile

Post by Rozard » Tue Jul 02, 2002 10:53 pm

Yay! I got mentioned! Heh, well, that was my first video. I was naïve, and I thought "Hey, I'll make a good Linkinball Z vid!" Well, it didn't turn out that bad. Tell me yourself. http://www.animemusicvideos.org/legacy/video.php?v=3942
RichLather: We are guests of this forum, and as such we do not make the rules.
BishounenStalker The freedom to suck is what makes the Internet rock.

phantom_112
Org Profile

Post by phantom_112 » Wed Jul 03, 2002 4:19 am

Granted my first video was Linkin Park + DBZ, but I have learnt more than about premiere etc since then... Take in mind that most "newbies" make a linkinball z video because they are "high" on how cool amvs are. Atleast I was anyways, so don't reticule them too much as they are just learning the programs, whether that be Premiere or WMM, I used Premiere so I was rather overwhelmed by all the options/effects etc.

My second video was way better compared to my first, instead of critizing them for using LP and DBZ, help them learn more about premiere and what it takes to make a good video etc. Dont hold it against them, help them out. Give them some encouragement instead of gripe (?)

Look forward to their second video to see how their skills are progressing, dont dread it.

::2 cents has been deposited::
supersai45: -makes a fist with hands-
phant112: what else do you make fists with?

thejugglinman23: it doesnt cost me anything to play with myself

JCD
Lord of the Dance
Org Profile

Post by JCD » Wed Jul 03, 2002 9:37 am

my third vid was a Linkinball Z video, but that was in summer 2001, the time where this combination wasn't treated and I even hadn't had a internet-connection.
these vids are also treated because almost every idea of an DBZ - Linkin Park video is already used. the vids are less original.
there are many bad lbz vids, but that goes also for limp bizkit, system of a down etc.
the most newbies are making a dbz-vid as their first (me, too), most of them have no talent.
i know some people who have thrown together their lbz vid and from everyone around them cames "this vid is so awesome" just because the timing matches in one part and the others never seen an amv before.

Garylisk
Org Profile

Re: Hmm...

Post by Garylisk » Wed Jul 03, 2002 10:54 am

KLin wrote:It could be shown how in the end, no matter how hard the Negaverse tries, it doesn't even matter!
*pulls out a sword*
Don't say "negaverse" (here on out referred to as "the N word"). I'll kill someone. I swear I will! The N word is a dub invention, and it's ULTRA RETARDED! :P
Alcohol, Drugs, Overdrive, Noise, Neon Lights, Party People, Revolution

OrionPro001
Org Profile

Post by OrionPro001 » Wed Jul 03, 2002 6:02 pm

o_O

Then what's the CORRECT word then????
http://www.orionproductions.org
Where Anime & Music Come Together.

Dark Kamui
Org Profile

Post by Dark Kamui » Sun Jul 07, 2002 3:01 pm

N World= Nonparticularydefinedgender World :twisted:

It seems so that if the N World really was... "negative" women would like other women while men like other men... but then then if men want men, and woman want women, how do they reproduce? :shock:

:x In order for society to work then, women would have to be breeded to think that they're men, so these woMEN will like real MEN because they think they are men... And men would have to be breeded to think they're WOmen, so they dress like women and other women will want them because they look like women...

:o So that would create 4 types of couples. Men/Men, Women/Women, Women/Tranvestite and Tomboys/Men. So only 2 of these types could actually produce babies... However if Klinky's ML+ML=BE principle (Or MaleLove+MaleLove=BabyExplosion) then the posibility of Women/Women producing Babies using Steven Spielberg's Jurrasick F/F fill-in frog DNA reproduction plot-deive could also be true... :o

Hmmm... I think I have figured it out! :D

Dark Kamui
Org Profile

Post by Dark Kamui » Sun Jul 07, 2002 3:03 pm

*Jurrasick Park F/F fill-in frog DNA reproduction plot-device*

Stormcrow1971
Org Profile

Post by Stormcrow1971 » Sun Jul 07, 2002 6:24 pm

I'm with the person who said angst.

The vid by Dark Kamui is the best one I've seen. I love the interplay between Vegita's need for self-reliance and personal power, juxtaposed with his reliance on and gruding respect for Goku. I'd been pointed to one that had a bit of interaction between Trunks and Vegita, and there was some Linkin Park song that focused on a similar theme, but I can't remember what it was.

I shouldn't post tired.

My first vid was a DBZ vid, but to The Offspring, a lesser known song. The reasons I've never put it up anywhere were 1)I've got no place to host it, 2)The only footage I had to use was clips I got from other music vids I had at the time and 3) I unknowingly used alot of really cliche material (Goku going SSJ, a scene from the Goku/Majin Vegeta fight, alot from the Cell Games, etc). I'd love to do it again with better quality footage.

Linkin Park, at first, seems like it'd be really easy to synch to. Most of the Linkinball Z videos I've seen do make an attempt and most succed in getting some timing down.

And that's my slack ass, amateur opinion. I now go off to cotemplate a Master Roshi/Bulma tribute done to "Fell In Love With A Girl"

Return to “General AMV”