Opinions GO!

Feedback on betas & works in progress

Moderator: Forum moderators

SephOWA
Org Profile

Opinions GO!

Post by SephOWA » Fri Aug 16, 2002 10:44 pm

Well for the time being, I have good FTP hosting for my newest video. Anyone who's willing to do a review will gladly get a review from me. Don't know for how long though :P

I only ask that you don't make me use Kazaa or P2P programs like that.

IRC and AIM are fine though.

Also make sure that if you have a FTP or something tell me a good time of the day to download.

Thanks.

http://animemusicvideos.org/legacy/video.php?v=10301

leathelanime
Org Profile

Post by leathelanime » Sat Aug 17, 2002 8:05 pm

Whee...Done...

SephOWA
Org Profile

Post by SephOWA » Sat Aug 17, 2002 8:11 pm

Thanks for the review. :D

leathelanime
Org Profile

Post by leathelanime » Sat Aug 17, 2002 8:39 pm

You know Seph that was a realy cute line you made
I guess this video just didn't suit your taste. It's quite alright because not everyone likes serious AMVs
Oh,I love serious AMV's but not yours

SephOWA
Org Profile

Post by SephOWA » Sat Aug 17, 2002 9:19 pm

Well sorry I missed it the first time :P

Thank you for your opinion.

SephOWA
Org Profile

Post by SephOWA » Sat Aug 17, 2002 10:04 pm

Well after seeing your reply to my review I initally edited my review and added this but I figured it would be better to just show it to you here.

Well it seems that maybe you took a little too much umbrage in my opinion. I wasn't trying to be the slightest bit insulting at all and I apologize if that's what I did. I realize it's my opinion and I'm entitled to it (just like you are entitled to yours). If you thought the video was so old that it was bad for reviewing, then maybe you should've suggested that we review one of your other videos instead. I just picked the first one on the list. Maybe I'll download one of the later ones and see if there's an improvement between the two. I just hope that when you did my review, you were unbiased and didn't state that you didn't like it because I didn't praise you completely in 10 words or less. Phade decided to call this an OPINION and not a REVIEW and now I think there was a very good reason for that. Reviews are unbiased, informative and usually helpful as they point out the good and the bad (and if you're like me, I even give out suggestions). Opinions, on the other hand, are silly combinations of personal taste and current emotion. I'm sure that if you watched my video first and did an opinion, it would've been much more informative and unbiased than what you initially did but since you saw that I was being a critic, you didn't like that.

Well, I'm sorry that you can't take a review that isn't completely good. I did point out various good things in the video but I likewise pointed out the bad. If you're expecting to be perfect everytime, you're in for a harsh wake up call when you leave the confines of an Internet Community and venture into the real world.

I apologize for the fact that you cannot accept constructive criticism but you asked for an opinion and I gave one (just like the person who gave a similar opinion right after me). Just like he is watching one of your other videos, I just might do the same out of curiosity.

My guess is that you're an established board member who probably has won a few awards and has some recognition as making some pretty good videos but you lack all professionalism in your behavior that makes the great creators great. I just hope that you aren't older than I am.

SephOWA
Org Profile

Post by SephOWA » Sat Aug 17, 2002 10:17 pm

All I'm saying is that if you didn't like it, I hope you didn't like it because it truly didn't fit your tastes and not because of my opinions on your AMV (which I didn't think nearly as crude as what you had to say about my video).

I can't make everyone happy so if you didn't like it for legitimate reasons, then that's quite understandable and I apologize for hinting otherwise. No one is perfect so there will always be people who don't like what you put out; I can deal with that. Just make sure your words are true, that's all.

trythil
is
Org Profile

Post by trythil » Sat Aug 17, 2002 10:46 pm

Downloading now. When you receive my opinion I'd appreciate it if you could take a crack at this one for me.

leathelanime
Org Profile

Post by leathelanime » Sat Aug 17, 2002 10:57 pm

You got it all wrong.I got many Completely unperfect reviews.And why I put It up there you asked?Well becuase I just uploaded my old Wmv's and I thought they should get some word play on them.And your review wasnt unbiased....But you were makeing your review to my review the way you would tell some newbie off.And I didnt like the way you were coming off.Like I said I wasnt aiming out to hurt you on the opinion but It does need work.The effects were bad and the clip repeats added to less Effort and time to think certain things through.....I and Im so sure on what I said that I would bet any Vet on this site would say the same thing.

SephOWA
Org Profile

Post by SephOWA » Sun Aug 18, 2002 12:42 pm

Ok well maybe I did come off a little too harsh and I had no intention of doing so. I thank you for your opinions as they are giving me an idea as to what I could work on for my next video. Maybe yesterday was just a bad day for both of us. :P

If I get time today I'll see if I can review one of your newer videos but don't hold me to it.

And sure, trythill, I'm on it right now. It looks interesting from your description and no, I don't hae epilepsey. :lol: (demented phpbb laughing icon)

Return to “Works in Progress”