Org Profile

Post by DiemondDagger » Sun Jun 30, 2002 8:06 pm

Whoa...I am SO doing that tonight ^_^

Thanks for the great idea! 8) :D

ErMaC
The Man who puts the "E" in READFAG
Org Profile

Post by ErMaC » Mon Jul 01, 2002 2:21 am

What's worst about "techno" is that people lump most electronic music into the "techno" cateogry.

I think techno's alright, there's a few techno artists that I like but mostly I prefer Trance, Goa, Eurodance/eurobeat, and House when it comes to electronic music.

Favorite artists are The Space Brothers (duh), Aurora (their early stuff is trance, later stuff is more euro-pop), The Man With No Name, Astral Projection, Fragma, Taste Experience, Lange, BT (Brian Trenseau), Tilt, Above and Beyond, Grace, Cynic Project, and Three Drives on a Vinyl... that's all I can think of and find right now.

Aurora's new CD "Dreaming" is very good IMO, I highly recommend it.

Rozard
Org Profile

Post by Rozard » Mon Jul 01, 2002 2:32 am

ErMaC wrote:What's worst about "techno" is that people lump most electronic music into the "techno" cateogry.
Yeah, I totally agree. "Techno" is to broad a term, but it satisfies the masses. Brian Trenseau owns.
RichLather: We are guests of this forum, and as such we do not make the rules.
BishounenStalker The freedom to suck is what makes the Internet rock.

Brolli411
Org Profile

Post by Brolli411 » Mon Jul 01, 2002 9:57 am

Yeah, I shouldn't say that I listen to "Techno" in general..It's mostly Hard Trance because I find that some "Tehcno" tends to be progressive, which I hate.

Brolli411
Org Profile

Post by Brolli411 » Mon Jul 01, 2002 9:59 am

Oh yeah! http://www.digitallyimported.com Fuckin' rules!!!!

The Wired Knight
Org Profile

Post by The Wired Knight » Mon Jul 01, 2002 11:55 am

Big techno fan myself. Mostly I like the sound of it and the beat. I really like music with a fast beat and Techno often supplies that. START RAVING!!!

FirestormXIII
Org Profile

Post by FirestormXIII » Tue Jul 02, 2002 4:27 pm

I was going to start a new topic for this, but since we're on the subject I thought I'd ask here.

Could anyone recommend some good Techno or Electronic Music artists, bands, DJs, or whatever they may call themselves. I listen to a lot of various music, and I've found that I don't listen to as much techno as I'd like. If anyone has any suggestions it'd be most appreciated.

SarahtheBoring
Org Profile

Post by SarahtheBoring » Tue Jul 02, 2002 11:17 pm

http://www.ishkur.com/features/music/guide.htm

...for the smartalecks saying that everything that's not hardcore whateverthehellitis isn't "real" music, and just because it rules. :)

thecaseman1
Org Profile

Good Techno

Post by thecaseman1 » Fri Jul 12, 2002 3:56 pm

I would recommend Prodigy, DJ Dara, The Chemical brothers, and LTJ Bukem (progression sessions) for fast pace techno. For Downbeat techno I would recommend DJ Wally, DJ Shadow, DJ Spooky, and DJ Cam.

BigshotSpike
Org Profile

Post by BigshotSpike » Fri Jul 12, 2002 6:30 pm

Dj Krush is really good, though he's more trip-hop than techno. I really like DJ Venom, The Crystal Method, Darude, George Acosta, Paul Oakenfold (though his new album SUCKS! ), Prodigy, and David Padilla.

Return to “General Discussion”