My Love Hina vid

Feedback on cataloged Anime Music Videos

Moderators: Mol, seasons

Forum rules
Please observe the following unique rules for this forum:
  • Please limit your new threads (not replies) to one per week. If you have several new videos to announce, create one thread for all the videos. (Note: if you forget one you can edit your post!)
  • Offsite links are allowed, but you are required to have a catalog entry for that video as well. Threads announcing videos that do not contain a catalog entry will be moved to the Awaiting Catalog Entry sub-forum and will be deleted in 2 weeks if an entry is not created.
  • When posting announcements, it is recommended that you include links to the catalog entries (using the video ID) in your post.
  • Videos that do not contain anime are allowed to be announced in the Other Videos section and are not required to have catalog entries.
jbone
Org Profile

Post by jbone » Thu Aug 15, 2002 1:40 pm

Umm... approximately 3:30 to 3:40 of your 3:56 long video had scenes directly from my music video ^^;

No, you didn't just replace the music and run it, but what you did for 80% of the video, I could have done by taking scenes from my own video and taking 15 second chunks and moving swapping their locations in the video. That's just...just...ludicrous.

The idea of making an AMV is taking footage from anime shows/ovas/movies and using your own transitions/effects/fades Not the work of others.

I mean, for goodness sake, the final 25 seconds of "your" video is identical to the end of my video! In the begining you didn't even START to edit footage for 18 seconds! That's 18 seconds that I worked on! Not you.

Then you do a minor crossover effect, and then begin using my footage again.

It's one thing to take anime scenes from a video when you don't have any source footage, but to take an entire video including the fades, effects, and MULTIPLE scenes in the same ORDER and claim that it's a "new" music video is insulting to the original creator.

Unfortunately there are hard feelings, since the majority of the work on that video was unfortunately done by me. In the future. I'd suggest taking your scenes from anime, not AMVs. It's not hard to create the effects on your own, or to even copy someone else's effects - but directly using effects someone else created is just rude.

After all, you wouldn't take report someone else did, change the order of the paragraphs and then call it your own, would you? Even if you added a few new sentences.

;-)
"If someone feels the need to 'express' himself or herself with a huge graphical 'singature' that has nothing to do with anything, that person should reevaluate his or her reasons for needing said form of expression, possibly with the help of a licensed mental health practitioner."

MAS PRODUCTIONS
Org Profile

Post by MAS PRODUCTIONS » Thu Aug 15, 2002 1:51 pm

First off thecia's video was bad beyond belief. The quality was bad and the editing and timing stunk. No for the ripping off part. I personnaly find using others amvs for sources repulsive. And I completely agree with Petro on this subject. The least thecia could have done was stole footage from an AMV that was edited. BTW Petro your vid was pretty good, I might drop a review for the vid later on.

KLin
Org Profile

Post by KLin » Thu Aug 15, 2002 2:18 pm

*Goes to rip off jbone's Big O videos* Just joking. ;) (Big O is a good series tho.)

thecia
Org Profile

Post by thecia » Thu Aug 15, 2002 3:27 pm

All the vids I made so far have been just pratice learning the basics of Permire useing what ever footage I could find. It will still be couple of mothes befor I have enough $ to buy a capture card and use my own footage. Sorry for ripping your work it won't happen again.

Petro
Location: In the Nuclear Blast Zone of Washington DC, Virginia
Org Profile

Post by Petro » Thu Aug 15, 2002 3:36 pm

Appology accepted.

If you're looking for a cheap card, I'd recommend the ATI TV Wonder PCI card. You can probably get a version of it for about $30.

Good luck.
-Petro
My Profile There are only 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary and those who don't.

Ashton
Org Profile

Post by Ashton » Thu Aug 15, 2002 3:43 pm

I'm feelin' a tar 'n featherin' comin' on! Com'on boys, we go'nna roast this sucker! YEHHHAW!
The anime Channel Petition Sign it if you like anime.
My member profile on the org.
オタク同士やろう! Ashton

FurryCurry
Org Profile

Post by FurryCurry » Thu Aug 15, 2002 7:21 pm

Woohoo! I get to use one of my favorite words!

FUCKTARD!!!

My Eyes Are The Victim's Eyes.
My Hands Are The Assailant's Hands.

SpPANDA
Org Profile

Post by SpPANDA » Sat Aug 17, 2002 1:24 am

and so... one person was offended...
and another jumped in.. and because of that little fact that there are more than one person flaming another...
more people join in the fun.

so someone's learning.

someone's learning premiere.

someone needed footage.

i mean.. you dont have to rip them apart for it... a simple explaination would have sufficed. dont you think?

and maybe asked to be mentioned... in the vid somewhere.. i uno.
maybe it's the oreos talking.

Petro
Location: In the Nuclear Blast Zone of Washington DC, Virginia
Org Profile

Post by Petro » Sat Aug 17, 2002 1:54 am

He's learned his lesson.
All has been forgiven.
End if story.
Period.
My Profile There are only 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary and those who don't.

FurryCurry
Org Profile

Post by FurryCurry » Sat Aug 17, 2002 2:22 am

SpPANDA wrote: so someone's learning.

someone's learning premiere.

someone needed footage.
Someone brought up a two day old thread. :p

Return to “AMV Announcements & Feedback”