My Love Hina vid

Feedback on cataloged Anime Music Videos

Moderators: Mol, seasons

Forum rules
Please observe the following unique rules for this forum:
  • Please limit your new threads (not replies) to one per week. If you have several new videos to announce, create one thread for all the videos. (Note: if you forget one you can edit your post!)
  • Offsite links are allowed, but you are required to have a catalog entry for that video as well. Threads announcing videos that do not contain a catalog entry will be moved to the Awaiting Catalog Entry sub-forum and will be deleted in 2 weeks if an entry is not created.
  • When posting announcements, it is recommended that you include links to the catalog entries (using the video ID) in your post.
  • Videos that do not contain anime are allowed to be announced in the Other Videos section and are not required to have catalog entries.
thecia
Org Profile

My Love Hina vid

Post by thecia » Thu Aug 15, 2002 10:35 am

Well it premiered 2002-08-08 and as of right now has 448 direct downloads and not even one re-view :( is it really that bad if so tell me whats wrong with it so I know what to do next time.
Thank you for your time
-The CIA
heres a link to the vid.
http://animemusicvideos.org/legacy/down ... http%3A%2F%

thecia
Org Profile

Post by thecia » Thu Aug 15, 2002 10:37 am

Petro
Location: In the Nuclear Blast Zone of Washington DC, Virginia
Org Profile

Post by Petro » Thu Aug 15, 2002 12:11 pm

That's normal. Usually you're lucky if 1% of those who download your video give it an opinion. I'll try giving you an opinion once I download it if I think I can contribute something useful.

-Petro

By the way, feel free to download my videos (I have a love hina vid too - though my video came out before anyone knew what love hina was) :wink:
My Profile There are only 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary and those who don't.

Petro
Org Profile

Post by Petro » Thu Aug 15, 2002 12:16 pm

ACTUALLY I DOUBT YOU WANT ME TO GIVE MY OPINION! :x

Especially since HALF THE SCENES OF YOUR VIDEO WERE TAKEN DIRECTLY FROM Y VIDEO!!!

I am VERY insulted by this! You didn't even bother EDITING half of them!!!

I understand not having episodes to work from, but stealing scenes/transitions DIRECTLY from another video is just WRONG!!!!

For the ORIGINAL video HALF these scenes came from, go to:
http://www.animemusicvideos.org/legacy/video.php?v=773

I might not have minded if you had ASKED me. But stealing my work and calling it your own is the sign of a hack! :x :x

:sigh: I was looking forward to watching it too. :cry:
My Profile There are only 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary and those who don't.

Petro
Org Profile

Post by Petro » Thu Aug 15, 2002 12:19 pm

Oh, and thanks for stealing the ending directly from my video too! :evil:

Petro
Org Profile

Post by Petro » Thu Aug 15, 2002 12:20 pm

(for those of you who are curious, he didn't just use the same scenes: he ripped it directly from my AMV: fade and all.)

thecia
Org Profile

Post by thecia » Thu Aug 15, 2002 1:16 pm

Hey I used footage from lots of souces and that ending was just a basic fade and my vid artisicly way diffrent from yours I can understand if I just re-placed the music and let it run but I put alot in to this vid and Iam sorry if I offened you in any way. No hard feeling right?; I relly do not what to make any enemys or hold any kinda gruge so again Iam sorry

trythil
is
Org Profile

Post by trythil » Thu Aug 15, 2002 1:24 pm

They say "imitation is the sincerest form of flattery".

Imitation, however, is not the same as plagiarism.

jbone
Org Profile

Post by jbone » Thu Aug 15, 2002 1:27 pm

Best thing to do would be to admit exactly what scenes were taken from whose videos, then pull the video down and never again distribute it.
"If someone feels the need to 'express' himself or herself with a huge graphical 'singature' that has nothing to do with anything, that person should reevaluate his or her reasons for needing said form of expression, possibly with the help of a licensed mental health practitioner."

Petro
Org Profile

Post by Petro » Thu Aug 15, 2002 1:30 pm

Umm... approximately 3:30 to 3:40 of your 3:56 long video had scenes directly from my music video ^^;

The idea of making an AMV is taking footage from anime shows/ovas/movies and using your own transitions/effects/fades Not the work of others.

It's one thing to take anime scenes from a video when you don't have any source footage, but to take an entire video including the fades, effects, and MULTIPLE scenes in the same ORDER and claim that it's a "new" music video is insulting to the original creator.

I mean, for goodness sake, the final 25 seconds of "your" video is identical to the end of my video! In the begining you didn't even START to edit footage for 18 seconds! That's 18 seconds that I worked on! Not you.

Then you do a minor crossover effect, and then begin using my footage again.

No, you didn't just replace the music and run it, but what you did for 80% of the video, I could have done by taking scenes from my own video and taking 15 second chunks and moving swapping their locations in the video.

Unfortunately there are hard feelings, since the majority of the work on that video was unfortunately done by me. In the future. I'd suggest taking your scenes from anime, not AMVs.

After all, you wouldn't take report someone else did, change the order of the paragraphs and then call it your own, would you? Even if you added a few new sentences.

Return to “AMV Announcements & Feedback”