AX2002 AMV Finalists

Announcement & discussion of Anime Music Video contests
Schu no ko
Org Profile

Post by Schu no ko » Tue Jul 02, 2002 11:40 am

I didn't make it, like I expected. There are plans for next year.

Congrats to all who made it! I'm so excited to see your videos!!!!!!!!!

Epochof7
Org Profile

Post by Epochof7 » Tue Jul 02, 2002 11:44 am

w00t! I got one in!!! Though, I'm suprised that it's my most trippy to date, and the one that I entered that I _swore_ was gonna get in didn't.

It's gotta be the song I used. The music in Cursed Fate is a remix of the Water Temple theme from Secret of Mana.... LOL that's probably why it got in :)

anneke
Org Profile

9 finalists

Post by anneke » Tue Jul 02, 2002 11:44 am

Even if it was point based... They took the top 9 highest ranking videos by points. Then you have like 20 videos that tie for that 10th place. It's better to just go with 9 then to try and pick one from 20 videos that tied for that tenth place.

This is just what I think may have occured. Most likely it was due to time, or a combination of the two.

Or they could have just forgot. Oh well.

Anneke

Machine
Org Profile

Post by Machine » Tue Jul 02, 2002 12:23 pm

TO Ian:

Damn man, I had money riding on that AMV cause I knew it woudl get in. Makes me question these Damn AX Contest. Don't worry man, there is always AWA where there is no courrpution :D

Like I said "Shameless Rock Video is so far the Best Anime Music Video fo the year!"

Man, to my huge surprise, not even Ermac made it in. That really scares me. The guy won Best Action last year at AX, you would have thought he would get in again, the guy does make good videos.

Another thing I noticed was alot of new people pn the scene. I maybe only recognized 5 videos within all of the 30vids that made it.

I'm still shocked that several videos that I knew of that were entered into AX didn't make it at all.

AWA Forever!

Castor Troy
Ryan Molina, A.C.E
Org Profile

Post by Castor Troy » Tue Jul 02, 2002 12:37 pm

Here are the names I know... call me stalker if you want... hehe

Anthony Bennett - Otaku Outpost
Kamaran Ahmadi - EvilVegettoZ
Charles Bathel - Epoch7
Daniel Cecava - Rubyeye
Vlad Pohnert - Vlad
Ryan Molina - Me
Daniel Araujo - SpPanda
Senta Miller - Senta
Jessica Brunelle - jescaflowne
Tim Park - dokidoki
Troy Williams - Xstylus (amv list)

---------------------
People I don't know about...

Tim Stair
Stephen Cilley
Art Smoke (Cool last name)
Alvin T. Chang
Jason Tennant
Jeames Dunne
Steven Rutter
Binh Lam
Ted Papadopoulous (Another cool last name)
Peter Stoll
Scott Crim
Richard Cole
Cassiopeia Brinks

Can't wait to see what these guys got, hope one of them kicks my ass. :wink:
"You're ignoring everything, except what you want to hear.." - jbone

Senta
Org Profile

Post by Senta » Tue Jul 02, 2002 12:55 pm

Wow, I'm surprised two of my videos got in with all the competition this year.

CasterTroy - I thought Tainted Donuts was more action than comedy. Ironically, I thought your DBZ/CB video was a little more comedy than action. The eating contest in your video isn't very action packed, but it was damn funny. Either way, congrats on getting in.

AD - I was very impressed with your psychedelic video and am also surprised it didn't make it in. But that's how contests are sometimes.

Congrats to everyone else who got in. There are a lot of names I don't recognize on that list and it's a shame that I won't be there to meet any of you. Hopefully, many of you will be at Otakon or AWA and I'll get a chance then.

Castor Troy
Ryan Molina, A.C.E
Org Profile

Post by Castor Troy » Tue Jul 02, 2002 1:02 pm

Thanks Senta, I'm starting to wonder what I just created...

AD's video made my jaw drop as well.... :shock:

dokidoki
c0d3 m0nk3y
Org Profile

Post by dokidoki » Tue Jul 02, 2002 1:08 pm

Castor Troy:
Tim Stair - You don't know Fluxmeister? He'll kick your ass like a looter in a riot. :lol:
http://www.animemusicvideos.org/members ... ser_id=342
Alvin T. Chang - Seen his "Happy Boys & Girls" video?
http://www.animemusicvideos.org/legacy/video.php?v=1628
Peter Stoll - Orange Kitten Productions (on ML)

AD: I thought you were a shoo-in as well. :?

I remember another year had 8 videos in one category, since they didn't get many, but the other categories each had 1 extra to make up for it....

paizuri
Org Profile

I feel argumentative

Post by paizuri » Tue Jul 02, 2002 1:11 pm

Machine wrote:Damn man, I had money riding on that AMV cause I knew it woudl get in. Makes me question these Damn AX Contest. Don't worry man, there is always AWA where there is no courrpution :D
Corruption in an AMV contest? One wonders what purpose that would serve. Are there that many people that seek self-validation through AMV contests? That seems faintly disturbing to me.
Machine wrote:Like I said "Shameless Rock Video is so far the Best Anime Music Video fo the year!"
...That you know of. Lots of people don't even have hosting so you'll never see their videos except as convention submissions.
Machine wrote:Man, to my huge surprise, not even Ermac made it in. That really scares me. The guy won Best Action last year at AX, you would have thought he would get in again, the guy does make good videos.
Just because someone's won a contest in the past doesn't mean that everything they make is good or even meets a certain level of quality. It just means they're capable of doing so, not that they necessarily do.

I see far too much hero worship in the AMV "community" which is causing undue amounts of stress, conflict, and petty squabbling. People who base their opinions of others due to their work or the number of contests they've won and then ascribe unwarranted or undeserved personality traits to these creators. I mean, how many people from the .org do you guys really know? Call me a cynic, but I think it's rather silly. There's only so much you can learn from people's offhand remarks online.
Machine wrote:Another thing I noticed was alot of new people pn the scene. I maybe only recognized 5 videos within all of the 30vids that made it.

I'm still shocked that several videos that I knew of that were entered into AX didn't make it at all.
Again, there are a vast number of AMVs that just aren't as publically available as others. And I think AMVs have gotten quite a bit more popular than they were, say, 3 years ago. There's a lot of talented people out there and some are finding their niche in video editing. Maybe only recognizing 5 out of 30 videos is a good thing. There are potentially 25 really great videos that are going to be shown!
My favorite video: Grilled Steak Trigun I LOVE THE COPS! Rargh!
I ain't 2 proud 2 beg! haha school rumble is great
Why do I always have the most preposterous sigs???
My current favorite thread. I'm a huge fan of GA-JAMMING.

Castor Troy
Ryan Molina, A.C.E
Org Profile

Post by Castor Troy » Tue Jul 02, 2002 1:15 pm

Now I remember Fluxmeister and Alvin's Happy Boys and Girls video (Got it on my hard drive). :lol:

Return to “AMV Contests”