New studio and AMV

Feedback on cataloged Anime Music Videos

Moderators: Mol, seasons

Forum rules
Please observe the following unique rules for this forum:
  • Please limit your new threads (not replies) to one per week. If you have several new videos to announce, create one thread for all the videos. (Note: if you forget one you can edit your post!)
  • Offsite links are allowed, but you are required to have a catalog entry for that video as well. Threads announcing videos that do not contain a catalog entry will be moved to the Awaiting Catalog Entry sub-forum and will be deleted in 2 weeks if an entry is not created.
  • When posting announcements, it is recommended that you include links to the catalog entries (using the video ID) in your post.
  • Videos that do not contain anime are allowed to be announced in the Other Videos section and are not required to have catalog entries.
Wyverex
Org Profile

New studio and AMV

Post by Wyverex » Sun Aug 11, 2002 3:42 pm

Hi all,

A friend and myself have created a new "studio" called Cassandra Complex, in reference to the Greek legend. The website is still under construction but I've already made a vid under our studio's name.
I used "Memories" as footage (episode 1 : Magnetic Rose) and song is "Dopamin", by Oomph!. It's a 2:42 length (+ 43 secs of ending) drama/action vid, 43.1MB, zipped, MPEG (quite good quality).

Here's the link, please read the description at the end of this post before or while downloading (sorry about the direct link but a-m-v.org seems to have a bug when adding new videos (step 3's "next" button leads to step 1)).

I still have the .ppj and all the other files so detailed reviews are always welcome ^_^.

Thanks for reading, downloading or even reviewing,
-- Wyverex.CYPHER

P.S.: Here's the link for reviewing. I'll complete my vid's infos when the adding vid bug will be fixed.

--------[Description (since I can't properly add a new vid in the database]--------

This is a dramatic/ambience AMV. Don't watch it like any other music videos, it's more a summary of Memories' first episode than a real AMV. It's just something special, different. The song is an instrumental, which helps ^_^.
I also put it in the action category. There's not a lot of action in it, but it increases as the song gets louder, faster and more violent.

It's also one of the rare Memories AMV out here, though everyone know this anime from Kevin Caldwell's Phantom of the Opera.
THAT was kinda hard for me. People automatically associate Memories to Kevin's AMV... I had to make this vid under the Phantom of the Opera's shadow ^_^.
I know that will influence on the opinions i'll (hope to) get. For exemple I can't watch a Black Heaven vid without comparing with Fluxmeister's Former Glory vid (which is one of the best AMV I've ever seen).
Please also notice that I've open the Oomph! musical artist section (buy their "Ego" album if you already have all NIN stuff).

I'll end this description by quoting a friend : "
You surely captured the atmosphere of this particular anime. They may now close the bookz on it. The stand-alone video clip has been made. No one can make it better." Well maybe not exactly, but thanks anyway ^_^.

--------[/Description]--------

Wyverex
Org Profile

Post by Wyverex » Sun Aug 11, 2002 5:28 pm

K all the bug seems to be fixed so here's the a-m-v.org link :

http://www.animemusicvideos.org/legacy/ ... hp?v=10174

Wyverex
Org Profile

Post by Wyverex » Wed Aug 14, 2002 7:40 am

No replies? Took me... wow at least 10 minutes to write this shit down and no replies? What's wrong? Did I forget anything?
Tell me... I won't make the mistake for my next vid's announcement then...

jbone
Org Profile

Post by jbone » Wed Aug 14, 2002 9:51 am

Wyverex.CYPHER wrote:What's wrong? Did I forget anything?

You forgot that nobody cares. :twisted:
"If someone feels the need to 'express' himself or herself with a huge graphical 'singature' that has nothing to do with anything, that person should reevaluate his or her reasons for needing said form of expression, possibly with the help of a licensed mental health practitioner."

Wyverex
Org Profile

Post by Wyverex » Wed Aug 14, 2002 12:42 pm

Sorry jbone but I really don't understand what you're doing here... Asking for mod power and deleting this forum would be easier.

Khen Rigzin
Org Profile

Note to Jbone...

Post by Khen Rigzin » Wed Aug 14, 2002 2:13 pm

greetingz

Nobody carz? wtf are you saying ...
This amv creator happens to be more gifted than you Jbone. I saw several amvs you posted here at a-m-v.org. Personally I think they ALL sucked az ;)
The fact you even dare to say nobody cares about the work of this particular amv creator. Man, that's just pathetic !!
Secondly, this guy posted his announcement on a "AMV announcements" board. I'm sure they got a board for lame replys such as yours, though I don't think it's on a-m-v.org.
If I were you I would punch myself in the face several times & dl an amv of this guy.

Eat your heart out Jbone... :lol:

Wyverex
Org Profile

Post by Wyverex » Wed Aug 14, 2002 2:17 pm

Well I didn't ask you to come and post here but at least you made me laugh ;).

jbone
Org Profile

Re: Note to Jbone...

Post by jbone » Wed Aug 14, 2002 2:21 pm

Khen Rigzin wrote:bla bla bla text bla bla text bla
Someone is taking stuff here way too seriously.
"If someone feels the need to 'express' himself or herself with a huge graphical 'singature' that has nothing to do with anything, that person should reevaluate his or her reasons for needing said form of expression, possibly with the help of a licensed mental health practitioner."

Wyverex
Org Profile

Post by Wyverex » Wed Aug 14, 2002 2:27 pm

Since AMV making isn't that easy to do and takes sometimes a lot of time I think the least you can do is being a little respectful towards other people's vids.

jbone
Org Profile

Post by jbone » Wed Aug 14, 2002 2:59 pm

Sheesh, some people can't even take a joke.

Whatever.

Return to “AMV Announcements & Feedback”