RahXephon <-> GAINAX !?

Wabz0r
Org Profile

RahXephon <-> GAINAX !?

Post by Wabz0r » Thu Jul 17, 2003 1:31 pm

Credits from the very last episode of RahXephon...

:? :?:

Have I missed something really important here? Did GAINAX have anything to do with the making of RahXephon?
(Sorry if this has been posted before :roll: )
Never underestimate newbie AMVers with one-button effects!!!!!11one

AbsoluteDestiny
Org Profile

Post by AbsoluteDestiny » Thu Jul 17, 2003 1:32 pm

Gainax often do various bits of animation work. There's gainax credits on all sorts of things - Alien 9, Spirited Away etc etc.

Wabz0r
Org Profile

Post by Wabz0r » Thu Jul 17, 2003 1:35 pm

Had no idea :)
Does that mean GAINAX didn't create Eva on their own?

Kai Stromler
Org Profile

Post by Kai Stromler » Thu Jul 17, 2003 1:54 pm

no; the credit you show above just means that Gainax, like the other studios listed around it, needed a little cash and Bones had some animation that needed to be done pronto, so they took it on as a subcontract.

Of course, the opinion of most of the people I saw the series with, once this was pointed out, was that the RX prod crew had stolen so much stuff from Eva in terms of plot, characters, etc, that they kind of HAD to give Gainax some subcontract work so they wouldn't end up getting sued.

--K
Shin Hatsubai is a Premiere-free studio. Insomni-Ack is habitually worthless.
CHOPWORK - abominations of maceration
skywide, armspread : forward, upward
Coelem - Tenebral Presence single now freely available

Savia
Chocolate teapot
Org Profile

Post by Savia » Thu Jul 17, 2003 2:02 pm

By the way, a good (and extremely entertaining) way of finding out about how animation studios do their thing is to track down the one-off OVA 'Animation Runner Kuromi-Chan'. Very, very funny and actually quite informative too.
"A creator needs only one enthusiast to justify him." - Man Ray
"Restrictions breed creativity." - Mark Rosewater

A Freudian slip is where you say one thing, but mean your mother.

Alucard_FoN
Org Profile

Post by Alucard_FoN » Thu Jul 17, 2003 2:35 pm

Kai Stromler wrote:Of course, the opinion of most of the people I saw the series with, once this was pointed out, was that the RX prod crew had stolen so much stuff from Eva in terms of plot, characters, etc, that they kind of HAD to give Gainax some subcontract work so they wouldn't end up getting sued.
Yes and those people are obviously not the hsarpest tools in the shed because RahXephon is totally different than Eva.

Wabz0r
Org Profile

Post by Wabz0r » Thu Jul 17, 2003 2:47 pm

Alucard_FoN wrote:
Kai Stromler wrote:Of course, the opinion of most of the people I saw the series with, once this was pointed out, was that the RX prod crew had stolen so much stuff from Eva in terms of plot, characters, etc, that they kind of HAD to give Gainax some subcontract work so they wouldn't end up getting sued.
Yes and those people are obviously not the hsarpest tools in the shed because RahXephon is totally different than Eva.
Well I have to admit that the RahX looked like a total rip-off the first 2 eps, but I can't say the plots are anywhere near eachother when you get to know the whole story :wink:

Kai Stromler
Org Profile

Post by Kai Stromler » Thu Jul 17, 2003 2:55 pm

Wabz0r wrote:
Alucard_FoN wrote:
Well I have to admit that the RahX looked like a total rip-off the first 2 eps, but I can't say the plots are anywhere near eachother when you get to know the whole story :wink:
peripherally.......RX started off with major rip-off overtones, then sort of fixed itself in the middle, but for lack of a better way of ending itself defaulted straight into Eva mode at the end.....though Ayato's choice turns out the opposite of Shinji's.

The exterior fittings are different in many places, but structurally, the similarities between RX and Eva greatly outweigh the differences.

--K
Shin Hatsubai is a Premiere-free studio. Insomni-Ack is habitually worthless.
CHOPWORK - abominations of maceration
skywide, armspread : forward, upward
Coelem - Tenebral Presence single now freely available

the Black Monarch
Org Profile

Post by the Black Monarch » Thu Jul 17, 2003 3:45 pm

Wabz0r wrote: Well I have to admit that the RahX looked like a total rip-off the first 2 eps, but I can't say the plots are anywhere near eachother when you get to know the whole story :wink:
The first 2 eps are all that I've seen... lol.
Ask me about my secret stash of videos that can't be found anywhere anymore.

Return to “General Anime”