Anyone like Kamelot (or any power metal)?

Topics not related to Anime Music Videos
dpknot
Org Profile

Anyone like Kamelot (or any power metal)?

Post by dpknot » Mon Jul 01, 2002 1:25 pm

I'm just curious if there are other metalheads like me. :twisted: Metalheads unite!. (Dyslexics untie! 8) ) in any case, if you are interested in Kamelot their homepage is Kamelot home page

Btw, If it isn't already obvious, I'm completely new to this interface. So don't flame me without a good reason.

-DpKNot
Peace be with thee.

NeoGohan
Org Profile

Post by NeoGohan » Mon Jul 01, 2002 1:53 pm

Kamelot seems to be a new fad around a-m-v.org now. Ever since Rubyeye's video, I've been seeing alot of them on here....

Oh well. They're awesome. Bought "Karma" on a whim nearly a year ago and I dont regret it. Right when school started last year...

dpknot
Org Profile

Blind Guradian is awesome too!

Post by dpknot » Mon Jul 01, 2002 2:01 pm

you like Bling Guardian, too? Look on, World! The Metalheads are uniting!!!! Fear my spikes! (oops)

-DpKNot
Peace be with thee.

NeoGohan
Org Profile

Re: Blind Guradian is awesome too!

Post by NeoGohan » Mon Jul 01, 2002 2:04 pm

dpknot wrote:you like Bling Guardian, too? Look on, World! The Metalheads are uniting!!!! Fear my spikes! (oops)

-DpKNot
Bling Guardian?

Reminds me of Hansi's attempt at rapping..
[23:24] <hansi> I am also called Grandmaster Rap, so for what reason do we need another rapper. Yoho here in Idaoh.
[23:25] <Errtu> ahahahaha
[23:25] <Juanc> excellent answer Hansi
[23:25] <Errtu> you're okay for a metalhead , thanks :P
[23:25] <Bringa> ahah
[23:25] <hansi> get the flow go bro

---

[23:50] <hansi> the line is fine, but where ´s the rhyme?
[23:50] <Bringa> ahah a true rapper :)

---

[00:34] <Gothic> omg, BG are going rapcore :ppp
[00:35] <hansi> I would call it peppcore, instead
Hehe.. I know of alot of power/speed/thrash/heavy metal bands... its my hobby.

JCD
Lord of the Dance
Org Profile

Post by JCD » Tue Jul 02, 2002 8:13 am

metal like karma and blind guardian (hehe, they're german) is good music, but I stay on punk :D

NeoGohan
Org Profile

Post by NeoGohan » Tue Jul 02, 2002 1:17 pm

JCD wrote:(hehe, they're german)
As are alot of the classic metal bands. Helloween and Gamma Ray, mainly. Kai 0wnz =]

kthulhu
Org Profile

Post by kthulhu » Wed Jul 03, 2002 2:51 am

I'm more a black metal/industrial type myself,but I'll listen to anything interesting.I always thought Helloween was British.
I'm out...

rubyeye
Org Profile

Post by rubyeye » Wed Jul 03, 2002 10:17 am

:mrgreen: I might as well jump in seeing as how I kind of started this reinsurgence of (Progressive/Power) metal to the AMV scene!!

What can I say other than, KAMELOT IS KING

Watch out for their new release later this year. However, after hearing NIGHTWISH's new 'Century Child', they have some serious competition. Plus there is also Symphony X's new epic title. And the other band I am waiting for is THRESHOLD.

There might be some viable music video material, but we'll just have to wait and see (hear).

BTW, do any of you guys surf the Purpetual Motion Board? It's an online forum for Progressive / Power metal.

KEEP THIS UP -- I'd love to talk more about this musical genre.

nailz
Org Profile

Post by nailz » Wed Jul 03, 2002 11:18 am

I'm not a huge fan of Kamelot myself. I tried to get into them, but.. I dunno, BLAH. I wish they were going to be at prog power USA again, because I'd like to see them live, but other than that, they're pretty generic.

I personally am a big fan of Blind Guardian, Freternia, Elvenking (i'm sure anyone who frequents the BG forums knows that...), Nightwish, Silent Force, Gamma Ray (yes, Kai indeed 0wnz), and Sonata Artica.
Ploink! Magic Cupcake! <a href="http://www.elvenking.net">Elvenking</a>. I'm sorry, I can't hear you over how awesome I am.

Flint the Dwarf
Org Profile

Post by Flint the Dwarf » Wed Jul 03, 2002 1:19 pm

Yeah let's see there's a lot of metal I love. Iced Earth, Blind Guardian, Kamelot, Savatage, Trail of Tears, a lot more I can't remember.

On the extreme side I kinda like Cradle of Filth, Emperor, Hecate Enthroned, and others. Mainly, though, I like Progressive/Power/Speed metal.

Return to “General Discussion”