why!

klinky
Org Profile

Post by klinky » Mon Aug 12, 2002 11:11 pm

what did minister make that song yet when eva came out..

oh wait.. maybe you watched.. nevermind...

<a href="http://stations.mp3s.com/stations/298/1 ... ister.html"> Go here and listen you stupid people because he's l33t and stuff.</a>

YeS! I will say something.. It wasn't about the fights because the fight scenes actually did kinda suck :p. I don't care, most of them were kinda brief... The only good fight scenes were ones that misato ochestrated... oh that's most nearly all of them.. damn....

Well I have to say the first episode was kinda... well zooming in on misato going "Shinji!"... all the sweat drops and the cheesy-drama. But all the other parts... Just I think I like eva, because it was what I was looking for for a long time. I don't think I've saw anything worthwhile here, in America!

and damnit. huge crush on the Misato.... I didn't really care about anyone else during the series... oh man and younger misato is so kawaii... even tho that's a sad scene :cry:

~klinky

UncleMilo
Org Profile

Post by UncleMilo » Tue Aug 13, 2002 3:23 am

Look.

1) Evangelion does not PRETEND to be smart.
The show is brilliant. Anyone show says "oh... they throw in some Bible refs and think they're clever" don't begin to grasp how complex the show is. For starters, all the references are to the Khablla... the angels, the angel names, why the angels look the way they do, why the Magi have the names they have, why the image is on Gendo's rug, why Gendo's desk is where it happens to be in the room, why the EVAs look the way they do, and so on and so on.

The Psychology and Philosophy that is discussed in the show is also founded on the ideas and concepts in those particular fields.

Furthmore, the movie knows how to tell the story through the "language of film" a lot is said in scenes where no one is talking... and a lot is said by paying attention to what ISN'T being said.

This show is brilliant.

2) Evangelion is not a gaint robot show. People looking for a shwo about robots duking it out "cuz robot battles iz cool" should steer clear of Evangelion. This show is about character, not robot combat.

3) This show changed my life as well. Anyone who says "it's just a tv show" should ask why they are here... I mean... people who devote their time and money collecting anime, making anime AMVs, talking on anime discussion boards and discussing anime plots, characters and events have no business saying "it's just a show." Look how much these shows have influenced us and made us into the people we are today.

Evangelion has some powerful things to say
Important messages that deal with events that exist in EVERY person's life, weather they be an anime fan or not.

Evangelion is certainly not the backbone of my existence...
nor is it something I eat, breathe and live in daily...
However... it had a strong message and that message has had a serious impact on me.

I will certainly defend the show, because I'm tired of people who "don't get it" blaming the show for their not getting it...

because all you have to do is talk to the people who did get it.

If you think they're in some sort of conspiracy to make you feel stupid, then you've got issues.

The show has messages - important ones
The show is well structured and complicated and it requires work to get through and it is designed to inpire discussion...

too many anime fans just want things spelled out for them
and in truth... a lot of people out there don't like to think anyway.

However... I get frustrated on this topic.

If you want to talk about EVA, you can e-mail me, but I've had my say here.

-Uncle Milo
There are two kinds of people in this world:
Those who divide people into two kinds of groups
and those who don't.

Neptune L`amour
Org Profile

Post by Neptune L`amour » Tue Aug 13, 2002 3:28 am

Initially I was going to bitch you all out about not thinking that the fight scenes in Eva we're cool, but then thinking bout I realized that only about five of the fights really stuck in my head.

Ok, well, a way to rephrase this is pretty much all the fight scenes are interesting and fairly unique, and the ones that aren’t are generally the ones that are just cool. I think that they we're trying to be original with it more then just have total eye candy. Sure Gundam has some pretty impressive fight scenes but it just gets rather basic after awhile don't you think.

And how about Asuka vs. the Production Evas? How’s that for eye candy. And the Gundams never had to deal with a robot that would eat them if she was pissed off enough.
"I'm not racist, and that gives me the right to make fun of many, many races." - Adam Corola

alternatefutures
Org Profile

Post by alternatefutures » Tue Aug 13, 2002 3:30 am

You crack me up UncleMilo.

Neptune L`amour
Org Profile

Post by Neptune L`amour » Tue Aug 13, 2002 3:34 am

Wait, I'm supposed to add a "Buy Eva now dammit!" thing to aren’t I? Well if you want a good anime with a trippy plot, adorably loveable characters and pretty good fight scenes, and occasionally a scene that will disturb you then get Eva. You'll be happy with it pretty much everyone here can guarantee that.
"I'm not racist, and that gives me the right to make fun of many, many races." - Adam Corola

klinky
Org Profile

Post by klinky » Tue Aug 13, 2002 3:41 am

Time to bring back a old favorite:

~klinky

temjin
Org Profile

Post by temjin » Tue Aug 13, 2002 3:57 am

unclemilo: why don't you take a nice warm cup of typo

temjin
Org Profile

Post by temjin » Tue Aug 13, 2002 4:02 am

EVANGELION!! WHERE THE N STANDS FOR NOWLEDGE!

man that show is gieuneius

that's just what I’m talking about milo. the rug? jesus christ. people look into ever single fucking retarded detail and make up some biblical meaning. look, using your logic i can make akira into a portrayal of the crusades

temjin
Org Profile

Post by temjin » Tue Aug 13, 2002 4:12 am

UncleMilo wrote:it was though
that is what it means to be the juice

drink maple why don't ya?

you cheap fuckers

priuscomet
Org Profile

Post by priuscomet » Tue Aug 13, 2002 4:14 am

ah ha! temjin's making multiple posts because he's scared i'll have more posts then him.

::skips::

Return to “General Anime”