AX AMV Prelim Results

Announcement & discussion of Anime Music Video contests
Forum rules
Coordinators who fail to maintain necessary communication with entrants, or provide timey updates on results may be barred from announcing future events.
BaHaRa
Org Profile

Post by BaHaRa » Tue Jul 08, 2003 10:39 pm

Ashton wrote:
/me twitches uncontrollably.

even i have to agree with you here

AbsoluteDestiny
Org Profile

Post by AbsoluteDestiny » Tue Jul 08, 2003 11:00 pm

*shrugs*

people have different tastes, be glad :)

XStylus
Org Profile

Post by XStylus » Wed Jul 09, 2003 12:23 am

ProphetDK wrote:I have to give respect to Center of the sun, It was the best shown of the Category. Although mine was not shown, I feel it was better.
I was really disappointed that "Through Time, Through Space" got very little recognition. I'll bet that had more people seen the movie it would have been appreciated a LOT more.

I was also REALLY disappointed that "Everyday" got very little recognition either. That, in my opinion, was superior to all of the other action AMVs because it actually seemed to have a slight plot to it. Eternal Damnation had a hint of it, and Mitternacht seemed to lack it entirely, in my opinion.

Here's something to throw at you guys though...: If "Everyday" or "Eternal Damnation" had played last, do you think they'd have done better?

Hitori
Org Profile

Post by Hitori » Wed Jul 09, 2003 12:24 am

It's a TRAP!!!

Never again!

/fake hitori
ImageImage

Nappy
Org Profile

Post by Nappy » Wed Jul 09, 2003 12:37 am

You know, I was wondering if the order was weighted for who judges liked best @_@

suberunker
Org Profile

Post by suberunker » Wed Jul 09, 2003 1:19 am

Here's something to throw at you guys though...: If "Everyday" or "Eternal Damnation" had played last, do you think they'd have done better?
Speaking of which, what's "Everyday"? I haven't found a list of what was played anywhere and would like to so I could check out any of the Semi-Finalists that could be found on the org.

I couldn't make it this year cause of school. :cry: (not behind, just trying to get ahead :wink: )

I'll just have to say that good god, the vids that came out this year were all extremely exceptional (not just AX, everywhere!), next year is gonna be amazing....or disappointing. Hopefully the first.

suberunker
CLARENCE CARTER!
CLARENCE CARTER!
CLARENCE CARTER!
OOOOHHH SHIT!

XStylus
Org Profile

Post by XStylus » Wed Jul 09, 2003 2:07 am

Nappy wrote:You know, I was wondering if the order was weighted for who judges liked best @_@
No, it was not. In fact, the contest coordinators were quite alarmed (yet not surprised) that almost all the videos that won were the last ones played. They feel that the last video played has an unfair advantage, but they're still trying to figure out what to do about it. Realistically, there's really nothing they can do about it.

AbsoluteDestiny
Org Profile

Post by AbsoluteDestiny » Wed Jul 09, 2003 3:47 am

xstylus wrote: Realistically, there's really nothing they can do about it.
They can play a video they know to be terrible last :P

TaranT
Org Profile

Post by TaranT » Wed Jul 09, 2003 4:14 am

suberunker wrote:...I haven't found a list of what was played anywhere and would like to so I could check out any of the Semi-Finalists that could be found on the org....
Click the link in my sig. I added all the semi-finalist videos based on Nic N.'s commentary over on the mailing list. Feel free to PM me if you find any errors.

Ashton
Org Profile

Post by Ashton » Wed Jul 09, 2003 11:43 am

xstylus wrote:Realistically, there's really nothing they can do about it.
They could play all of them simultaneously!
The anime Channel Petition Sign it if you like anime.
My member profile on the org.
オタク同士やろう! Ashton

Return to “AMV Contests”