AX AMV Prelim Results

Announcement & discussion of Anime Music Video contests
Forum rules
Coordinators who fail to maintain necessary communication with entrants, or provide timey updates on results may be barred from announcing future events.
Nappy
Org Profile

Post by Nappy » Mon Jul 07, 2003 3:04 am

TaranT wrote:
Nappy wrote:Not to brag but, I also got Fan's Choice, Creators Choice, Judge's Choice, and Best of Show with Chibi Things (That Kill)
There were more awards (than the ones A.B. listed) ??

If so, then my list is incomplete....
Ya, these were the AX awards off the site (they closed the main page but other pages aren't down yet, so I copy/pasted them here)

Audience Popular Vote Categories:

Best Comedy Entries into this category compete to show the most humorous video.

Best Drama Entries into this category compete to show the video with the strongest emotional impact, be that grief, love, fear, etc.

Best Action/Adventure Entries into this category compete to show the best action packed, adrenaline filled video.

Best A(nime)Mtv Entries into this category do not rely heavily on an emotional direction or story, but on artistic style and extreme blending of visuals and sound. The limitations of the other three categories are of more hindrance than of help to such a video.

Best of Show Finalists:

AX Staff Favorite Which video does the AX Staff think rocks the house?

Fan Favorite Balloted Vote taken during the Live Show

Special Judge's Favorite Determined during the selection of the Semi-Finalists

Creator's Favorite Balloted Vote taken during the Live Show

Best of Show is chosen from the Finalists above.

EarthCurrent
Org Profile

Post by EarthCurrent » Mon Jul 07, 2003 3:05 am

Stop making posts, Nappy, and put the video up... :?

TaranT
Org Profile

Post by TaranT » Mon Jul 07, 2003 3:40 am

EarthCurrent wrote:Stop making posts, Nappy, and put the video up...
<echo>
Hey EarthCurrent,
Stop complaining, dammit!
Phade.
</echo>
Nappy wrote:Ya, these were the AX awards off the site (they closed the main page but other pages aren't down yet, so I copy/pasted them here)....
I tried the AX site earlier and couldn't get in. Fortunately, I have a paper copy of the rules that I printed earlier. So, I updated the list. It should be (more) complete now.

BTW, congrats on the wins! That'll be a BIG package you get in the mail :).

Nappy
Org Profile

Post by Nappy » Mon Jul 07, 2003 4:53 am

Thanks, although I'm only 30 mins from the con so I went :o They did need to give me a box though, and I had to carry the box plus the directors chair (signed by all the guests of honor) to my car, and they were kinda heavy, esp the chair frame. They got increasing heavier after carrying them for 10 mins @_@ I turned down a cart cuz I didn't wanna bring it back, me=fool.

EC, I'm working on it ;_;

Fluxmeister
Org Profile

Post by Fluxmeister » Mon Jul 07, 2003 10:03 am

Nappy wrote:<_<

>_>

Not to brag but, I also got Fan's Choice, Creators Choice, Judge's Choice, and Best of Show with Chibi Things (That Kill)
/ego :wink:

To to sulk, but I got schooled. :D

hahaha
| NHMK Music Video Downloads | Editing like it's 2006. |

Fluxmeister
Org Profile

Post by Fluxmeister » Mon Jul 07, 2003 10:04 am

... not to sulk ... gah I need the edit button!
| NHMK Music Video Downloads | Editing like it's 2006. |

Ashton
Org Profile

Post by Ashton » Mon Jul 07, 2003 11:30 am

TaranT wrote:
Nappy wrote:Not to brag but, I also got Fan's Choice, Creators Choice, Judge's Choice, and Best of Show with Chibi Things (That Kill)

In the program/ballot and on the video screen it wasn't called "Best AnimeTV (Artistic)", it was called "AmTV" which I assume stood for "Anime Music Video TV" but I could be wrong.

Nappy wrote:They did need to give me a box though, and I had to carry the box plus the directors chair (signed by all the guests of honor) to my car, and they were kinda heavy, esp the chair frame. They got increasing heavier after carrying them for 10 mins @_@ I turned down a cart cuz I didn't wanna bring it back, me=fool.
Awww.... Richard you poor soul... I have had the same problem so many times! I totally empathize...
:roll:
Stop yar braggin'! It's because of you that we can't stop this infernal rock! :evil:
The anime Channel Petition Sign it if you like anime.
My member profile on the org.
オタク同士やろう! Ashton

Nappy
Org Profile

Post by Nappy » Mon Jul 07, 2003 1:31 pm

Ashton wrote:
TaranT wrote:

In the program/ballot and on the video screen it wasn't called "Best AnimeTV (Artistic)", it was called "AmTV" which I assume stood for "Anime Music Video TV" but I could be wrong.
Ya thats true, it was Amtv. Basicly saying its something you might see on mtv cept anime :P Mines more "fun" than artistic. They didn't like the name of the fun catergory last year and changed it to amtv.

Nappy
Org Profile

Post by Nappy » Mon Jul 07, 2003 1:36 pm

Fluxmeister wrote:
Nappy wrote:<_<

>_>

Not to brag but, I also got Fan's Choice, Creators Choice, Judge's Choice, and Best of Show with Chibi Things (That Kill)
/ego :wink:

To to sulk, but I got schooled. :D

hahaha
I don't have the votes, and I'm told the stats will be available, but I really think your Eternal Damnation came close in action. My roomie loves it @_@

P.S. They had to cut the first few seconds of ur vid since u incorperated ur name in it. And those were cool seconds o_o

Ashton
Org Profile

Post by Ashton » Mon Jul 07, 2003 4:26 pm

Nappy wrote:P.S. They had to cut the first few seconds of ur vid since u incorperated ur name in it. And those were cool seconds o_o
This really confused me. They have a thing about not disclosing the names of the editors, and that's a good thing, but why, then, did they bring the editors on stage after their video was played?
The anime Channel Petition Sign it if you like anime.
My member profile on the org.
オタク同士やろう! Ashton

Return to “AMV Contests”