why!

RyanGlazner
Org Profile

Post by RyanGlazner » Mon Aug 12, 2002 8:33 pm

klinky wrote: But still the story is good and I feel like fuckin shinji all the time..
That sounded... wrong... Nice pic, though!

SarahtheBoring
Org Profile

Post by SarahtheBoring » Mon Aug 12, 2002 9:11 pm

Wellll, I've heard people LITERALLY say things like "My life had no meaning until I saw NGE, it gave me a reason to live, it's the best thing ever put on film and always will be".

It's probably the most overhyped thing I have ever heard of in my entire life. And this includes American pop music. I mean <i>good fricking lord, it's a television series.</i> "It is my reason for being" is a bit much.

And then I've heard people say it's the Xenogears of anime (or vice-versa): if you take a good story and throw in random Biblical names, people will think it's "deep" and "important" out of proportion to the actual story.

So I guess you just have to see it for yourself.

artfreak13
Org Profile

Post by artfreak13 » Mon Aug 12, 2002 9:40 pm

the story behind eva is probably the deepest story ever told in anime. just dont expect to understand it all in the first viewing
AOL discs.... just chuck 'em

alternatefutures
Org Profile

Post by alternatefutures » Mon Aug 12, 2002 9:58 pm

There's nothing special about Eva. It just does a good job of catering to the lowest common demoniator while giving the viewer the illusion of being smart, that's all. There are far better series out there to blow your cash on.

Gatsthedarksword
Org Profile

Post by Gatsthedarksword » Mon Aug 12, 2002 10:33 pm

i just renetd the first few episiodes and from what i've seen i want to see more but i gotta ask, i was disapointed with the mech battle, and i understand it's the first so it's probably the worst but plz tell me the mech battles get better?
"I'm a philosophy major. That means I can think deep thoughts about being unemployed."
Bruce Lee.

temjin
Org Profile

Post by temjin » Mon Aug 12, 2002 10:48 pm

"psshh. evangelion(pronounce it right or ill pee in a cup and drink it) isn't about the mech fights maaaannn. you gotta look deeper, like the meaning of the scene where shinji cried. oh, not specific enough? WELL THATS CAUSE YOU DON'T GET THE BIBLICAL METAPHORS YOU LOW CLASS DBZ MMOOOORRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR" evangelion fan

a agree with the moooorrrrrrr part, but that's about it. they claim it's not about the mechs, then why are they so damn cool? to draw in the mech fans. gainshitfuckassclownmotherwhore wanted to appeal to the demographic so they could get as much money off the piece of shit series as possible. all the mech fights suck ass. i was disapointed too when i saw the first retarded mech fight. it doesnt get better at all. even the coolest mech, unit 03 GOT FUCKING KILLED HIS FIRST RUN!! god damnit all to shit biscuits. the only thing that got me through this series, was listening to strings in trance by minister

kthulhu
Org Profile

Post by kthulhu » Mon Aug 12, 2002 10:59 pm

temjin wrote:the only thing that got me through this series, was listening to strings in trance by minister
Now what makes you bring that up?
I'm out...

temjin
Org Profile

Post by temjin » Mon Aug 12, 2002 11:01 pm

because these tail lights are super fabulous

kthulhu
Org Profile

Post by kthulhu » Mon Aug 12, 2002 11:06 pm

Speak for yourself.

I wish I didn't have the works now.
I'm out...

alternatefutures
Org Profile

Post by alternatefutures » Mon Aug 12, 2002 11:06 pm

Man, temjin's actually saying something psuedo-serious! But, he does have a point. If Eva is not just a monster of the week/mecha series, then why is all the money spent on the fights and charachter development is stuck with the one frame every thirty seconds approach?

Return to “General Anime”