What anime did you all start out on?

bloodyfang
Org Profile

Post by bloodyfang » Mon Aug 12, 2002 5:07 pm

I first started to watch anime when i was about 9 or 10 i think.

I jsut know it was back when Sci-Fi was still showin anime movie's

First two i ever saw were....uhh Demon City Shinjuku (my first and still current fav.) and Tenchi Muyo in Love
An ocean of dust and randomly strung together pieces of hydrogen, serving no purpose other than allowing all of us to continue in our misery, doomed to an enternity of petty squabbles and meaningless ego trips, until the whole thing one day explodes and starts the whole shebang all over again. - Chaos_Angel

Paul Kievits
Org Profile

Post by Paul Kievits » Mon Aug 12, 2002 6:17 pm

Look at my name and guess...

...*sighs* I NEED phade to change my name, READ MY EMAILS *hint* *hint*
Get my 5th video "Mass Murderer": here

The_Digital_Phoenix
Org Profile

Post by The_Digital_Phoenix » Mon Aug 12, 2002 8:02 pm

Well if you count the 80's when I was in the larvle stage then Voltron would be my first.

But, I thought it was American made.

So my first anime really was Digimon.

*GIR's voice*
"I love that showwwwwww!"

jbone
Org Profile

Post by jbone » Mon Aug 12, 2002 9:11 pm

Voltron was made in Japan, then was heavily rewritten for an American audience.
"If someone feels the need to 'express' himself or herself with a huge graphical 'singature' that has nothing to do with anything, that person should reevaluate his or her reasons for needing said form of expression, possibly with the help of a licensed mental health practitioner."

MistyCaldwell
Org Profile

Post by MistyCaldwell » Mon Aug 12, 2002 9:43 pm

I'm not afraid to admit I watch Hamutaro. It's just so cute....if I am able to watch Panyo Panyo Di Gi Charat, I can withstand the little hamsters any day.

But I've seen Mermaid Scar, Crying Freeman, Doomed Megalopolis(er..sp?, and nearly all the commercial titles with 'ninja' in the beginning, so it's not like I *only* watch anime designed for grade schoolers :)

First anime I watched that I deliberately knew was anime was Tenchi the 1st movie. All the anime I saw as a kid from DB to Kimba and the movie the Enchanted Journey were all just cartoons to me back then.

Return to “General Anime”