AX AMV Prelim Results

This forum is for the announcement and discussion of anime music video contests.

AX AMV Prelim Results

Postby ErMaC » Sun Jul 06, 2003 3:55 am

These are straight from Anthony Bennett's email to the AMV Mailing list. I'm not even at the convention so don't ask me about it, but for those not on the list I thought they might like to see it:

Best Drama:
Center of the Sun

Best Action:
Mitternacht

Best Comedy:
Chibi things that Kill

Best AmTV:
Stop the Rock

Staff Choice:
Euphoria

Otaku Outpost Choice:
Center of the Sun

Otaku Outpost Cojones:
Without GTS

AMV Mailing list:
Euphoria
User avatar
ErMaC
The Man who puts the "E" in READFAG
 
Joined: 24 Feb 2001
Location: Irvine, CA

Re: AX AMV Prelim Results

Postby pmfreak » Sun Jul 06, 2003 8:09 am

ErMaC wrote:These are straight from Anthony Bennett's email to the AMV Mailing list. I'm not even at the convention so don't ask me about it, but for those not on the list I thought they might like to see it:

Otaku Outpost Cojones:
Without GTS


Okay..... First off, Why is my video called "Without GTS"? not "GTO". And What is the Otaku Outpost Cojones? For some reason, doesn't Cojones means Big Balls in spanish?
User avatar
pmfreak
 
Joined: 27 Dec 2000
Location: Chicago, IL

Postby Fluxmeister » Sun Jul 06, 2003 12:30 pm

I don't look at the mailing list :P

Thanks for the update ErMaC.

Congrats to all the winners!
I have sinned. I made a video I wanted to make that was music + anime + sync + action + effects/transitions. Oh lordy. :roll:
NHMK Anime Reviews
User avatar
Fluxmeister
 
Joined: 07 Feb 2001
Location: Seattle, WA

Postby mexicanjunior » Sun Jul 06, 2003 12:33 pm

Congrats to everyone! YAY Koop!

RVP!
RVP!
RVP!
RVP!

:lol:
User avatar
mexicanjunior
 
Joined: 27 Jun 2001
Location: Dallas, TX
Status: It's a process...

Re: AX AMV Prelim Results

Postby AbsoluteDestiny » Sun Jul 06, 2003 12:54 pm

pmfreak wrote:doesn't Cojones means Big Balls in spanish?


Yes.

Which is why it's the name of the category.
User avatar
AbsoluteDestiny
 
Joined: 15 Aug 2001
Location: Oxford, UK

Re: AX AMV Prelim Results

Postby pmfreak » Sun Jul 06, 2003 1:00 pm

AbsoluteDestiny wrote:
pmfreak wrote:doesn't Cojones means Big Balls in spanish?


Yes.

Which is why it's the name of the category.


I have to say this...

What does "Big Balls" have to do with me "winning" this award??..
User avatar
pmfreak
 
Joined: 27 Dec 2000
Location: Chicago, IL

Re: AX AMV Prelim Results

Postby mexicanjunior » Sun Jul 06, 2003 1:02 pm

pmfreak wrote:
AbsoluteDestiny wrote:
pmfreak wrote:doesn't Cojones means Big Balls in spanish?


Yes.

Which is why it's the name of the category.


I have to say this...

What does "Big Balls" have to do with me "winning" this award??..


I think he gives the award to the video that took big balls to make. Like something outlandish and experimental, it's actually a pretty cool honor I think. :p
User avatar
mexicanjunior
 
Joined: 27 Jun 2001
Location: Dallas, TX
Status: It's a process...

Re: AX AMV Prelim Results

Postby pmfreak » Sun Jul 06, 2003 1:07 pm

mexicanjunior wrote:
pmfreak wrote:
AbsoluteDestiny wrote:
pmfreak wrote:doesn't Cojones means Big Balls in spanish?


Yes.

Which is why it's the name of the category.


I have to say this...

What does "Big Balls" have to do with me "winning" this award??..


I think he gives the award to the video that took big balls to make. Like something outlandish and experimental, it's actually a pretty cool honor I think. :p


Oh cool.. That's some honor to win this award

Eminem+GTO+English Dub Track+Celebrities, and Politicians+That Gay Guy in the End of the Video+Weird @$$ $hit!=Another Sequal to the Video
User avatar
pmfreak
 
Joined: 27 Dec 2000
Location: Chicago, IL

Postby Ikasu » Sun Jul 06, 2003 2:23 pm

wow...that was one tough competition...except for the drama category which I believe kinda lacked this year...but everything else was top notch...^_^...I didn' t win but who cares!...I had fun! ^_^..Congrats to all the winners! =D
Ikasu
 
Joined: 27 Jul 2002
Location: Woodland Hills

Postby Beowulf » Sun Jul 06, 2003 5:09 pm

Do you mean Mitternacht as in pwolfs Mitternacht?
User avatar
Beowulf
 
Joined: 27 Feb 2002
Location: in the art house

Postby ErMaC » Sun Jul 06, 2003 5:48 pm

i would assume so.
User avatar
ErMaC
The Man who puts the "E" in READFAG
 
Joined: 24 Feb 2001
Location: Irvine, CA

Postby burntoast » Sun Jul 06, 2003 7:54 pm

Beowulf wrote:Do you mean Mitternacht as in pwolfs Mitternacht?

ErMaC wrote:i would assume so.

Awesomeness..

MITTERNACHT! :P
Image
"The only one to deprive you of happiness is yourself."
User avatar
burntoast
 
Joined: 21 Dec 2002
Location: Pasadena, MD
Status: Outside, looking in.

Postby Nappy » Sun Jul 06, 2003 11:49 pm

<_<

>_>

Not to brag but, I also got Fan's Choice, Creators Choice, Judge's Choice, and Best of Show with Chibi Things (That Kill)
User avatar
Nappy
 
Joined: 25 Jun 2002
Location: S. CA (helLA) Posts :0

Postby FurryCurry » Sun Jul 06, 2003 11:55 pm

So now that you kicked ass and took names, when do us poor suckers that didn't make it to AX get to see Chibi Things That Kill? :D
My Eyes Are The Victim's Eyes.
My Hands Are The Assailant's Hands.
User avatar
FurryCurry
 
Joined: 14 Jul 2002

Postby Nappy » Sun Jul 06, 2003 11:55 pm

Beowulf wrote:Do you mean Mitternacht as in pwolfs Mitternacht?


Yup that's his :o

Center of the Sun is by Feanor
Without GTO by pmfreak
Euphoria by Koop
I also did Stop the Rock.
User avatar
Nappy
 
Joined: 25 Jun 2002
Location: S. CA (helLA) Posts :0

Next

Return to AMV Contests

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Miracle_Falcon and 4 guests