DC10+ Premiere 6.0 Problem

bdeakin22
Org Profile

DC10+ Premiere 6.0 Problem

Post by bdeakin22 » Mon Aug 12, 2002 8:47 pm

Thanks in advance for help.

I bought a DC10+ (CompUSA was running a super good sale on these). At any rate, I haven't been able to get it running in Premiere 6.0 (I have Windows 2000). I know this is a fairly common problem. Has anyone discovered a solution?

MistyCaldwell
Org Profile

Post by MistyCaldwell » Mon Aug 12, 2002 9:30 pm

<a href="http://plugins.members.easyspace.com/dll.htm"> Try this </a>

It'll take a lot of reading and tweaking, but they have a zip file you can read that can explain it better than I can.

I have a dc10 card too. They look good, but their level of compatibility stinks. Probably because they include that crappy editing program already and don't plan for you to want to use a professional level editor. You can output to tv using a different video card if you have enough slots...that is, after you have rendered the file.

Anyway, enough rant, check out the link. Good luck

bdeakin22
Org Profile

PAIN

Post by bdeakin22 » Tue Aug 13, 2002 8:11 am

Oh my, that is painful to look at. Sorry to bother, but can you give me a better idea of what I'm doing there? :)

I do want to EARN Premiere/DC10+ compatibility (hyuk, hyuk, hyuk...)

Satori
Org Profile

Post by Satori » Sun Aug 18, 2002 3:01 am

This might sound stupid, but have you checked the site to see if that card is compatible with your operating system?

Satori
Org Profile

Post by Satori » Sun Aug 18, 2002 3:08 am

This is what I got from the site. Hope it helps.

"For Studio DC10+ version 1.xx users: The Studio 1.XX software included with Studio DC10plus does not support Windows 2000 or Windows XP. To run the Studio software on Windows 2000 or Windows XP an upgrade to Studio 7 is required"

You didn't say it you had the 7 version or not

NicholasDWolfwood
Org Profile

Post by NicholasDWolfwood » Sun Aug 18, 2002 12:55 pm

Yes, you need the Pinnacle Studio 7 software (If you have a Pinnacle DC10+, I think there's lots of different DV10+/DC10+ cards by different manufactorers)

Ryochan7
Org Profile

Post by Ryochan7 » Fri Aug 23, 2002 1:38 am

Oh man. This reminds me of when I bought that crap card a couple months ago. I had to buy the stupid Studio 7 bundle to get the DC10+, huge ripoff. I use Windows XP so the included software and drivers wouldn't work; I had to go to Pinnacle's web site to get the drivers and patch for Studio 7. After a few hours, I finally got everything configured. I tried Studio 7 and I found out that it was crap. So, I decide to try the DC10+ in Premiere. I also have version 6.0. I tried but I couldn't get Premiere to recongize the card. I went to Adobe's website to find out that the DC10+ is not compatible with Premiere 6. I tried to capture using Studio 7 and realized the picture quality was not even that good. After that, I got fed up and took that crappy card and software back to Circuit City. I currently use my DVD-ROM drive to capture.

Later.
The world is full of stupid people; most of them are LJS customers.

Return to “Hardware Discussion”