why!

Gatsthedarksword
Org Profile

why!

Post by Gatsthedarksword » Mon Aug 12, 2002 5:14 pm

ok i know your all gonaa beat me to death for asking such a question but i gotta know. i keep hearing and seeing that evangelon is the greatest anime of all time, this year my budget for anime was more than halfed, it's gone. i've never seen it. so tell me why it's suposedly so great, i have yet to see an anime series that can mesure up to berserk in my mind, and if i wanted huge mechs i think gundam wing is the best of what i've seen, but thats just my opinion.
"I'm a philosophy major. That means I can think deep thoughts about being unemployed."
Bruce Lee.

RyanGlazner
Org Profile

Post by RyanGlazner » Mon Aug 12, 2002 5:23 pm

Well, the storyline, from what i've seen, is more in-depth than Gundam Wing. The mechs are, in my opinion, cooler (not so blocky) and the characters have more... well... character than those of Gundam Wing.

I haven't seen very much of it, but I like it much more than I did Gundam Wing, for reasons that are hard to explain. It just seems like the artists and producers spent a lot of time on it, where Gundam Wing felt very unfinished.

Oh, and it's got Asuka. And Misato. Two very good reasons to watch Eva ^_^

bloodyfang
Org Profile

Post by bloodyfang » Mon Aug 12, 2002 5:26 pm

Hey Gats....ppl are laughing at you behind your back.
An ocean of dust and randomly strung together pieces of hydrogen, serving no purpose other than allowing all of us to continue in our misery, doomed to an enternity of petty squabbles and meaningless ego trips, until the whole thing one day explodes and starts the whole shebang all over again. - Chaos_Angel

kthulhu
Org Profile

Post by kthulhu » Mon Aug 12, 2002 5:41 pm

Evangelion has pretty cool mechs and whatnot, but the big thing about it is how serious it is typically, over other series. Evangelion, if you get into the series enough, will make you feel like you've been hit by a freight train by the end. Additionally, the somewhat sharp yet gritty artwork acts as a draw in to the series, and is part of the experience as a whole.

Evangelion is so highly regarded, I'd suppose, since it could be said to be the series that brought anime to a new level beyond just samurai, mecha,and shoujo/shonen stuff.

Definitely watch it.
I'm out...

Yosho
Org Profile

Post by Yosho » Mon Aug 12, 2002 7:11 pm

Evangelion is INCREDIBLY symbolic and very in-depth. I started out disliking it because it seemed like just another cliche mech show. But by the time I got to the end (actually around half way through) I realized that Eva is NOT a mech show. Sure, it has mechs in it but that's not what the show's about. Eva is about the characters. It's a show that makes you think you're watching one thing, when you're actually watching something else.

Gainax is notorious for doing things like that. They'll say things like:"Hey look! This anime is about giant robots!"
And that's when they sneak behind you and smack you in the head with a great big giant plot. Gainax (more or less) did the same thing with Gunbuster. (which I highly recomend)
-Brick Wall Productions

"It takes a man very confortable with his heterosexuality to have sex with another man!"
-Jeremy "Donny Gayeman" Simmons

RyanGlazner
Org Profile

Post by RyanGlazner » Mon Aug 12, 2002 7:35 pm

Agreed. Gunbuster is one of my favorites as well.

TekkaRepliroid Zero
Org Profile

Post by TekkaRepliroid Zero » Mon Aug 12, 2002 7:51 pm

I'd say Gunbuster is better than Eva actually.
<i>TekkaRepliroid Zero</i>
I'll Never be the One that she Needs (first DL-able vid, ops appreciated)
"OOW, Why does it huuuuuuurt?!" - Zim
"Ooonly if you dance with meeeee" - GIR

RyanGlazner
Org Profile

Post by RyanGlazner » Mon Aug 12, 2002 7:54 pm

Eh... debatable. Gunbuster had more 'cliche' stuff... that I can't get into without giving spoiler stuff away. The art and animation wasn't as good as Eva either, IMHO.

temjin
Org Profile

Post by temjin » Mon Aug 12, 2002 7:55 pm

id say a pile of cock roaches eat lum's feces is better then evangelion

klinky
Org Profile

Post by klinky » Mon Aug 12, 2002 8:29 pm

temjin wrote:id say a pile of cock roaches eat lum's feces is better then evangelion
That's jus nastay....

I LOVE EVANGELION.... Misato is the BEST!! EVAR!

But still the story is good and I feel like fuckin shinji all the time..

I think I have to cuss in each of my posts... hmmm... :twisted:

~klinky

Return to “General Anime”