What anime did you all start out on?

Rini210
Org Profile

Post by Rini210 » Sun Aug 11, 2002 9:08 pm

Sailor Moon, Pokemon, and Dragon Ball Z!!

I really only got into anime a few years ago (but then again, I'm pretty young) But those were like, the coolest cartoons in the world! I still like Sailor Moon.. but now I hate DBZ... and Pokemon's lost most of its goodness..

After Toonami the 'real' anime's that got me obsesed were anything by Rumiko Takahashi *especially* Ranma 1/2!

I still watch Toonami sometimes though. Really, I'm just curious on Hamtaro.. those hampsters are sooo cute!
<i>"Kano, quit reading my mind! Quit it!" - Miyazawa Yukino</i>
I wish I were a penguin in a past life.
..::Pink Poof::.. | <a href="http://www.animemusicvideos.org/members ... =34361">My profile</a>
<b>Faerie Fan!</b>

Squall3X
Org Profile

Post by Squall3X » Sun Aug 11, 2002 9:16 pm

Hey Rini210. That shit shouldn't even be considered anime! Sailor moon, Pokemon, its all shit. DBZ is ok that was ONE of my first anime's. But my very first was Gigantor. Yup. A very old anime.
-Squall3X:
'I'd rather lose like a hero, than win button mashing.'

www.glowingquarter.tk
www.invisionfree.com/forums/Squall3X

Mroni
Location: Heading for the 90s living in the 80s sitting in a back room waiting for the big boom
Org Profile

Post by Mroni » Sun Aug 11, 2002 10:15 pm

Hey squall Dbz is about on the same level as Pokemon and sailor moon I hate to say is more closer to anime than Dbz because it has cute chicks with big eyes in it. I will withhold judgement on you because you like classic anime but Dbz is by no means classic and it belongs in the 5 to 8 category same as pokemon.

Mr Oni
Purity is wackable!
"Don't trust me I'm over 40!"

Moogle_D
Org Profile

Post by Moogle_D » Mon Aug 12, 2002 1:40 am

cowboy bebop is what really immersed me but i remember watchin dragon ball along some other stuff
just smile and nodd...

Neptune L`amour
Org Profile

Post by Neptune L`amour » Mon Aug 12, 2002 5:28 am

I remember way back in the day, when I was still lugging around my favorite teddy bear my Uncle Jake got me watching some Gundam. Don't remember which Gundam exactly (most likely Stardust Memories.) I just remember big, shiny robots beating the shit out of each other ^_^. Thankfully my uncle pointed out the differences between anime and cartoons then, thought I didn't really understand it up until a few years ago.

Course I knew the base differences, Ninja Scroll and Akira we're both anime, and Batman and such we’re cartoons, I knew that much.

Anyway I was hooked then but there we're stepping stones to get to where I am now. First it was Gundam at Jake's. Then it was Dragonball and Samurai Pizza Cats waaaayyy back when on Fox. After that it was Ninja Scroll (watched it because I was told not to).Then it was the Patlabor movie at Jake's. Then a rental of Akira from the local video store. For a short time it was Sailor Moon on USA in the early mornings. Then whatever they would show on Toonami (Sailor Moon, DBZ, Cardcaptors, Tenchi, Ronin Warriors, Outlaw Star, Gundam Wing, Big O, Blue Submarine No.6, anything and everything. On a side note though Uncle Jake sad hooked me up with some fan subbed Gundam Wing and GW: Endless Waltz before they aired on CN). Somewhat more recently Evangelion, a few episodes of Escaflone (not the crap they showed on Fox the real deal), Digimon (I love them mon's) and most recently I rented the first three episodes of the Patlabor OVAs and the first four eps of The Irresponsible Captain Tylor.

Well there you have it, my life’s story.
"I'm not racist, and that gives me the right to make fun of many, many races." - Adam Corola

Neptune L`amour
Org Profile

Post by Neptune L`amour » Mon Aug 12, 2002 5:29 am

Forgot to mention Cowboy Bebop, Yu Yu Hakusho and Pilot Candidate off Adult Swim. Bebop is the only one of those I've really gotten into through.
"I'm not racist, and that gives me the right to make fun of many, many races." - Adam Corola

kthulhu
Org Profile

Post by kthulhu » Mon Aug 12, 2002 6:24 am

I think I saw some Gundam WAYYYY back in the day at my grandma's house, when I was like 2 or 3.

Ahh, the 80's, Transformers, Care Bears, He-Man, other good shit like that.
I'm out...

Petro
Location: In the Nuclear Blast Zone of Washington DC, Virginia
Org Profile

Post by Petro » Mon Aug 12, 2002 11:46 am

A friend loaned me Slayers, Slayers NEXT, and Slayers TRY - I watched it all non-stop (well, okay, a few episodes a day) and by the time I was done, I was hooked! ^_^
My Profile There are only 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary and those who don't.

BigshotSpike
Org Profile

Post by BigshotSpike » Mon Aug 12, 2002 1:53 pm

The first anime I watched and got into was Robotech on Toonami. I fell in love with that show from the first time I watched it.

The first anime I bought (a few months later) was the second Yu Yu Hakusho movie, Poltergeist Report I think it was called. It was only 9.99 at Electronic Boutique so I picked it up (plus the cover art struck me).
I remember being completely blown away by this movie. Everytime I had friends over I'd force them to watch it ^__^

DiemondDagger
Org Profile

Post by DiemondDagger » Mon Aug 12, 2002 3:55 pm

Rini210 wrote:I still watch Toonami sometimes though. Really, I'm just curious on Hamtaro.. those hampsters are sooo cute!
My hamsters cuter. :lol:
<---------

I grew up on Pokemon, DBZ, DragonBall, Samurai Pizza Cats, Sailor Moon.
Actually I still watch all of those shows. ^_^
I just love the sexual 'inneudenos'(Word I can't spell insert here) in Pokemon.

hehe

"Don't fall in Misty!"
"Oh please Ash, I live around water, I'm not afraid to get a little wet infront of you four."

hehehehehe

Return to “General Anime”