Newbies: How to make your first AMV

General discussion of Anime Music Videos
Otohiko
Org Profile

Post by Otohiko » Mon May 05, 2003 8:43 pm

Ah! The topic I have been looking for...

I'll avoid the technicalities and ask the most direct question now - (sorry if it's been answered before, I'm new here) - from a seasoned AMV-maker's point of view, what would be the best estimate for man/hours required to produce a minute of AMV video? I don't want to generalize, but time is the biggest question at hand for me.

OmniStrata
Org Profile

Post by OmniStrata » Thu May 08, 2003 9:53 am

mexicanjunior wrote:
Ashyukun wrote:
[3cniv] wrote:I don't think Premiere can output directly to MPEG anymore (though I swear it used to be able to, I can't seem to find the option in 6.5....)
My version of 6.5 exports to MPEG and MPEG-2. Could be some kind of extra plugin I have. :shock:
With Premiere (or any other software for that matter) you SHOULD be exporting via HuffYuv...

and THEN re compressing that file...

Sakura_Kinomoto_2003
Org Profile

How to make your first AMV

Post by Sakura_Kinomoto_2003 » Tue May 20, 2003 7:53 pm

Is there any way of getting Windows Movie Maker without having Windows XP? I only have Windows 98 and absolutley no hardware or software... :(
I dont have any money to buy programs either and I am absolutley dying to make one. I have a million ideas and I can't make them. ( I know there's a subject with ideas here ). I have episodes and movies on VHS and no DVD player ( on the computer or hooked up to a TV ). I have no way of making one. Could anyone recommend me some hardware/software that I am possibly afford? Also, I hear Adobe products are good and as you probably know they are expensive ( to me anyways )

Please help me !

Farlo
expectations of deliberate annihilation
Org Profile

Post by Farlo » Sat May 24, 2003 4:01 pm

read the first page of this post...

ssraid
Org Profile

Post by ssraid » Tue May 27, 2003 7:07 pm

I have 2 question. first I made my first vid and the bass is way to high but it sounds good in the preview but the finished product sounds like shit what do I do, and for some reason I cant up load it here I can only get to step one. And Does anyone know if there is vioce over software of dub ware? Thanks for the help :oops:
Give me anime or give me death

Dead_Pool
Org Profile

Post by Dead_Pool » Fri May 30, 2003 9:06 am

How about Ulead Visual Studio 7
what programs do you use to convert MPEG to DivX thats if I even want to but it would be nice to have the option :shock:

Otohiko
Org Profile

How long does it take? Answer...

Post by Otohiko » Sun Jun 08, 2003 9:31 am

Otohiko wrote:Ah! The topic I have been looking for...

I'll avoid the technicalities and ask the most direct question now - (sorry if it's been answered before, I'm new here) - from a seasoned AMV-maker's point of view, what would be the best estimate for man/hours required to produce a minute of AMV video? I don't want to generalize, but time is the biggest question at hand for me.
HA!

I now reply to my own first post. Pathetic sometimes how people don't care...

For an AMV of the sort that I've been looking to make, it takes at least 3 man/hours of raw editing per minute of video.

In addition, however, a new AMV maker must also invest at least a couple of hours into reading appropriate sections of the Premiere's (or your program of choice's) manual, take a bit of time to familiarize oneself with the software, spend some time reading the tutorials and FAQ's on the org's website, and of course - have a few hours, and preferably even days to plan out the concept (whether you use storyboards or do it all mentally).

So hah! I'm now capable of finally providing closure to my first, horribly n00byish post.
The Birds are using humanity in order to throw something terrifying at this green pig. And then what happens to us all later, that’s simply not important to them…

OmniStrata
Org Profile

Post by OmniStrata » Sun Jun 22, 2003 2:14 pm

3 hours per minute?

You're just scratchin' the surface buddy...

:lol:
"Strength lies in action. Let the weak react to me..." - Kamahl, Pit Fighter from Magic: the Gathering
"That is a mistake many of my enemies make. They think before they act. I act before I think!" - Vortigern from Merlin ('98)
"I AM REBORN!" - Dark Schneider Bastard!! OAV

Beefmaster10000
Org Profile

Post by Beefmaster10000 » Wed Jun 25, 2003 1:43 am

Okay, I really need help with my video. I can't seem to get the right filter together to get the results I want.

Okay, I want a nice filter that will get rid of noise, pixelation, whatever you people call it. I mainly see it in the color red in my videos, but I want it gone. Do you know any filters that can help me, and what values I should use?

I am using avisynth to filter my video. I followed the guides, and messed around with various noise reduction filters, yet they aren't helping at all. What filter should I use? I used sharpen, blur, TemporalSmoothing, and whatnot, yet I still am having trouble.

Can you please help me out? I have been trying, and I am getting very frustrated with it.

feudalfantasy
Org Profile

:)

Post by feudalfantasy » Sun Jun 29, 2003 11:44 am

Hi my name is Kaylee (Kiara)

I have always wanted to make a anime music video but Inuyasha ones.
Im 13 and didnt know how to do it.
Like what equipment to get and stuff you know.
I cant get the DVD's etc. so I was gonna go for the ones i found on Kazaa.com when i downloaded their program.
I kinda have the whole plot thing going its getting started that doing me in. T_T oh well.

hey if people can give me some ideas email me k?

I have this idea for 1 amv

Inuyasha: Im Gonna Love You: Song By Jennifer Love Hewitt.

Return to “General AMV”