Fanime finals/semi-finals list?

Announcement & discussion of Anime Music Video contests
BaHaRa
Org Profile

Post by BaHaRa » Sat Jun 21, 2003 2:09 pm

dwchang wrote:
AbsoluteDestiny wrote:
BaHaRa wrote:i sent an email backing down from the contest, i swear,,,,looks like it couldn't be done on such short notice tho,,,, ok, everybody start flaming me....
Don't be so sure of yourself. Looking at that list, there's some damn fine comedy videos in there - some which I've seen that I can be sure you haven't.

It's funny seeing how many of last year's AWA Masters videos are in the contest :)
Yeah I agree. I have seen a number of them too, although not yours. Some of them are VERY funny so looks like good competition.

As for the Master's thing..wasn't that like 10 months ago? Because I see the same thing :-P

like my sis said, thats not at all what was meant. especially since our vid is a bit more upbeat than it is comedy and as a result may be at a disadvantage in a strictly comedy category. she was just refering to the fact that we were actually in the competition

Jebadia
Org Profile

Post by Jebadia » Sat Jun 21, 2003 2:23 pm

eep...the pressure is on....on FIRE!!
"If you believe in yourself, eat all your school, stay on milk, drink your teeth, don't do sleep, and get your eight hours of drugs, you can get WORK!"
Paperskunk:...PENIS!!!!!!!!! GIANT PENIS!!!!!!!!!! ERMAC WHAT HAVE YOU DONE!!!!!!!! GIANT JUICY PENIS!!!!!!!!! AHHHHHHHHH MY EYES!!!!!!

dwchang
Sad Boy on Site
Org Profile

Post by dwchang » Sat Jun 21, 2003 3:31 pm

BaHaRa wrote:like my sis said, thats not at all what was meant. especially since our vid is a bit more upbeat than it is comedy and as a result may be at a disadvantage in a strictly comedy category. she was just refering to the fact that we were actually in the competition
Nah, Ian and I knew that...we were just referring to the possibility you might lose and thus perhaps no one will get mad(der) :).

As for upbeat, I agree. I think contests need to divide the primary three categories (action/drama/comedy) into action, horror, comedy, upbeat, drama and romance. It's obvious the three categories I added are different from the others. However, I know why they don't do this since it would A) require more money for prizes and B) each category would only have like 5 videos because of time constraints.

Suffice to say, i agree and thus you have a slight disadvantage.
-Daniel
Newest Video: Through the Years and Far Away aka Sad Girl in Space

TaranT
Org Profile

Post by TaranT » Sat Jun 21, 2003 3:38 pm

AbsoluteDestiny wrote:...It's funny seeing how many of last year's AWA Masters videos are in the contest...
Hmmm...I built the list last night and didn't see the connection. On closer examination, only two: Brad's and Carlos'. Doesn't sound too unusual. I know Vlad sent his to Sakura-Con last April. And Nic Neidenbach's Black Heaven vid won at ACen.

One thing I did notice is that I've seen most of the titles before in other contest lists: not a whole lot of new material. Also, a larger (than usual) number of entries that appear to be from Europe.

Hitori
Org Profile

Post by Hitori » Sat Jun 21, 2003 3:41 pm

My Sweetness wouldn't have fit into any of those categories for the contest....
I don't even know why I sent it in... :oops:
Oh well, people will see it at the semi-finals tomorrow! :P
ImageImage

wwf_htm
Org Profile

Post by wwf_htm » Sat Jun 21, 2003 7:41 pm

Anyone know if the semi-finals are going to be divided up into categories just like the finals or if they are they just going to be shown at random since it isn't really a competition? If so, anyone know the order? I might have to skip a category 'cause I don't think that I'd be able to take 5 straight hours of AMVs... :wink:

HTM

MAS PRODUCTIONS
Org Profile

Post by MAS PRODUCTIONS » Sat Jun 21, 2003 9:25 pm

Well it looks like "Naru hates me" got into the finals. I wish I could have gone, but it seems my "convention" fund was drained by Akon. Hopefully it is recieved well. I dont know if the contest is already over or not, but good luck to all who enter. And to those who are attending, ENJOY!
"What about us lesbians? . . . Your gonna burn in hell of course!" - MXC
"Hey dont knock masturbation, its sex with someone I love!" -- Woody Allen
"Evil will always triumph 'cuz good is dumb!" - Dark Helmet

scottanime
The One
Org Profile

Post by scottanime » Sun Jun 22, 2003 9:29 am

WEll the Finals are over and we have our winers!!

thanks to all it was a great contest!!

the Semi-finals will be screened in alphabetical order by studio name ( more fair this way)

Yes I did recieve the request to remove the "leaves of Happaness" video and would have at the cretors request but by the time I got that request we had already invested in the ballots for the ballot voteing and would have been too expensive to make any changes at that point. I appologize if this was an inconvience to anybody.

see you at the Semi's !!
Scott Peterson
NDK AMV Coordinator 2006-2022
Sac Anime AMV Coordinator 2007 & 2010
Fanime AMV Coordinator 2003-2006

WilLoW :--)
Org Profile

Post by WilLoW :--) » Mon Jun 23, 2003 6:35 am

TaranT wrote:Also, a larger (than usual) number of entries that appear to be from Europe.
Thanks to the ftp system provided by Quu, it has become easier for us europeans to submit our videos !

Radman
Org Profile

::sniffle::

Post by Radman » Mon Jul 07, 2003 11:44 pm

sniffle :cry: .... my movie didn't make it into the finals. Oh well, I guess that's what happens when you use mediocre footage.

Time to move on. onto the next contest!!!!

Return to “AMV Contests”