Farmboybob
Org Profile

Post by Farmboybob » Wed Jun 04, 2003 2:12 pm

Thanks Lyrs. I got it all figured out now. :D

Nurd
Org Profile

BitTorrent or Kast for distribution of AMV's

Post by Nurd » Mon Jun 16, 2003 7:01 pm

I know the latest kast (big announcement on slashdot) only came out recently, and from what I hear the older version wasn't as good, but has anyone tried either kast or BitTorrent for distribution of their AMV's, and if so did you have good results with that?

Thanks,

Nurd

Jeabus
Org Profile

Post by Jeabus » Sun Jun 29, 2003 6:50 pm

Okay I looked at all the links that were posted here and none of them were free. My vids rage from 36-37 Megs zipped. I need a FREE host that gives you that much space. Ive searched the internet thousands of times but come up with nothing each time. Does anyone know of a website that has that much space for you to use on a free account?

PLEASE! HELP ME
DEVILMAN - DEVILMAN - calling DEVILMAN
running in MY HEAD YEAH
DEVILMAN - DEVILMAN - calling DEVILMAN
running in MY HEAD YEAH

UncleBingo
Org Profile

How do I get local hosting?

Post by UncleBingo » Sat Aug 16, 2003 3:40 pm

Question: How would I manage to get space on either Dangling Carrot or Golden Donut?

~Uncle Bingo~
"I'M NAKED!!!!!"
-Gir

Otohiko
Org Profile

Post by Otohiko » Sat Aug 16, 2003 3:42 pm

if you're a registred member, and you have an AMV that's under 100mb, and follows content guidelines (must be mostly anime, does not contain graphic nudity or excessive violence) - go to the main page, log in, go upload and follow instructions.

It's free, but donation is encouraged :wink:
The Birds are using humanity in order to throw something terrifying at this green pig. And then what happens to us all later, that’s simply not important to them…

Vesser
Org Profile

Post by Vesser » Wed Aug 20, 2003 2:59 pm

DeathNinja42 wrote:Could someone check out http://www.ipowerweb.com/ and tell me whether or not this seems like a good service for hosting AMVs?
Well, I just started using ipower last week, and people can still dl my vid with a direct link, so I take that as a good sign so far. It could be that one day they will claim that there are copywrite problems, but until then...

As for the fears of the record or vid industries coming after us, well I see it as a possibility. There are very few of us compared to the masses dl-ing music, so it might be easier for them to deal with us. It would make for good publicity though. :-)
-If dolphins had thumbs, we'd be screwed.
My latest AMV- "Here We Are" (Serial Experiments Lain):
http://www.animemusicvideos.org/members ... hp?v=27661

bobbias
Org Profile

Post by bobbias » Mon Aug 25, 2003 3:33 pm

If anyone wants a free host, Contact me, I am setting up a web server on my comp and would be happy to host some AMVs on it.. I have unlimited Bandwidth, 50 KB/s Upload speed, and the limits on size are: As long as it fits my Hard Drive :P

My MSN: Bobbias@hotmail.com
My normal Email (I never check my hotmail, so if you email me there, it's not likely you'll get a quick responce): Bobbias@gdnmail.net

StarMasayume
Org Profile

Post by StarMasayume » Wed Jan 07, 2004 11:45 pm

Hey! I just finished my first amv, and am looking to get it uploaded. So is the Golden Doughnut thing up already or not?

And, when I went into upload new vid it said "ask for permission" -- why is it telling me that and who do I ask? And do I upload a vid first or create a catalogue for it first?

Scintilla
(for EXTREME)
Org Profile

Post by Scintilla » Thu Jan 08, 2004 12:02 am

StarMasayume wrote:Hey! I just finished my first amv, and am looking to get it uploaded. So is the Golden Doughnut thing up already or not?
Yes, it's been up for a few months now. Any video you see listed as having a "LOCAL" link is hosted on the Donut.
StarMasayume wrote:And, when I went into upload new vid it said "ask for permission" -- why is it telling me that and who do I ask? And do I upload a vid first or create a catalogue for it first?
Don't quite know what the permission thing is about, as I can't remember ever having encountered it before. But you do have to enter a video into the catalog before you can upload it.
ImageImage
:pizza: :pizza: Image :pizza: :pizza:

Return to “General AMV”