PortConMaine results

This forum is for the announcement and discussion of anime music video contests.

PortConMaine results

Postby Tom the Fish » Mon Jun 16, 2003 7:21 am

This was a very well run contest with nothing but good videos entered. Kudos to Scott Melzer for putting it all together.

The winners follow.

Short Films:

Obligatory Eva Trailer
Michael "VegettoEX" LaBrie & Meridith "Meri" Cantoni
Audio: Sealab 2021 Season 2 Episode 5
Video: Neon Genesis Evangelion

Dramatic:

Final Memory
Mexican Junior
Audio: Seasons in the Sun by Terry Jacks
Video: Grave of the Fireflies

Action:

Samurai Fiction
Tom "the Fish" Guttadauro
Audio: Miserlou by Dick Dale
Video: Tsukikage Ran

Comedy:

Leaves of Happaness
Newlight Productions
Audio: Yatta by Happa-tai
Video: Various

Congrats to all the winners. There was nothing but good videos entered.

Tom
Tom the Fish

Postby ZeWrestler » Mon Jun 16, 2003 9:19 am

congrads to the winners.
Computer games don't affect kids. I mean, if Pac Man affected us as kids, we'd all run around in a darkened room, munching pills, and listening to repetitive music~Kristian Wilson, CEO, Nintendo Gaming Corporation
ZeWrestler
The Big Ragu

Re: PortConMaine results

Postby mexicanjunior » Mon Jun 16, 2003 1:55 pm

Tom the Fish wrote:Dramatic:

Final Memory
Mexican Junior

W00t! Congrats to all the winners! :D
mexicanjunior

Postby hackerzc » Tue Jun 17, 2003 5:54 pm

mexicanjunior wrote:
Tom the Fish wrote:Dramatic:

Final Memory
Mexican Junior

W00t! Congrats to all the winners! :D

Damn, I lost comedy by a 0.04 rating margine.
How sucky is that? lol!!!

On the up side I am so happy that my vid was recieved so well.
I mean, second highest rating out of all the vids is not bad. :D
John Westbrook
Otakon, Fan Parody Dept. Head
hackerzc

Postby ddojo » Tue Jun 17, 2003 8:43 pm

the obligatory Eva trailer kicked some much @$$ lol. I didn't enter this year, but i hopefully will next year. I was the kid by himself in the front row right in fron t of the tv.
ddojo

Postby BaHaRa » Tue Jun 17, 2003 9:48 pm

hackerzc wrote:Damn, I lost comedy by a 0.04 rating margine.

muhahahahah :twisted:

lol, anyways, congrats to all the other winners and participants. close one hacker :wink:

(your vid is hilarious btw)
BaHaRa

Postby hackerzc » Wed Jun 18, 2003 8:42 am

BaHaRa wrote:
hackerzc wrote:Damn, I lost comedy by a 0.04 rating margine.

muhahahahah :twisted:

lol, anyways, congrats to all the other winners and participants. close one hacker :wink:

(your vid is hilarious btw)

Oh you evil bastard!
That's ok, I'm not bitter. :twisted:

On another note......anyone know where I can get a nuclear bomb? I tried ebay, but the prices are just too damn high. :roll:
John Westbrook
hackerzc

Postby BaHaRa » Wed Jun 18, 2003 12:05 pm

hackerzc wrote:Oh you evil bastard!

On another note......anyone know where I can get a nuclear bomb? I tried ebay, but the prices are just too damn high. :roll:

waah, now i'm scared about otakon lol, i'm gonna have to watch my back i think

--Rachael
BaHaRa

Postby AbsoluteDestiny » Wed Jun 18, 2003 12:15 pm

Akon, animazement, PCM and you've also submitted to Otakon?

That's.. well, more than a few.

Do you go to that many conventions?
AbsoluteDestiny

Postby hackerzc » Wed Jun 18, 2003 12:59 pm

BaHaRa wrote:
hackerzc wrote:Oh you evil bastard!

waah, now i'm scared about otakon lol, i'm gonna have to watch my back i think

--Rachael

You do know I was only kidding right? I've never really looked for a nuke on ebay before.

I know a guy in Iran who can give me a great deal! :lol:

Na, I'm just playing. It's kinda sad that I have to explain I'm kidding. Cause as we all know the government is watching us (especially us AMV Otaku people. They want us worst then the consperacy theory nuts!) So that I don't have secret service knocking down my door I would like to make it perfectly clear that I was just joking.
John Westbrook
hackerzc

Postby BaHaRa » Wed Jun 18, 2003 1:36 pm

AbsoluteDestiny wrote:Akon, animazement, PCM and you've also submitted to Otakon?

no, i only go to a couple cons per year...i dont believe i violated any contest rules...are the amv police gonna come get me?

we submitted em all at the same time, and we didnt expect to win so we figured why not

-barry
BaHaRa

Postby Nappy » Wed Jun 18, 2003 1:38 pm

AbsoluteDestiny wrote:Akon, animazement, PCM and you've also submitted to Otakon?

That's what I'm wondering o_o Also Fanime and AX, I'm heading to fanime today long drive ;_;

P.S. I am a banana :shock:
Nappy

Postby BaHaRa » Wed Jun 18, 2003 1:39 pm

hackerzc wrote:
You do know I was only kidding right? I've never really looked for a nuke on ebay before.

I know a guy in Iran who can give me a great deal! :lol:

Na, I'm just playing. It's kinda sad that I have to explain I'm kidding. Cause as we all know the government is watching us (especially us AMV Otaku people. They want us worst then the consperacy theory nuts!) So that I don't have secret service knocking down my door I would like to make it perfectly clear that I was just joking.

i like to hope that our government has better things to do than watch after the amv creators...but who knows?

-barry
BaHaRa

Postby hackerzc » Wed Jun 18, 2003 2:18 pm

BaHaRa wrote:

no, i only go to a couple cons per year...i dont believe i violated any contest rules...are the amv police gonna come get me?

we submitted em all at the same time, and we didnt expect to win so we figured why not

-barry

Ok let's get serious for a moment here.
First, no you did not break any rules. But the AMV community kinda looks down on people who send to a zillion conventions because technically it IS trolling (AMV citizins arrest?). The only reason the contest cordinators don't consider it such is because you sent it to a billion cons at once (got to love/ hate that rule).

Right now there is a big conersation going on in the AMV mailing list over your video actually. Much argument about submitting to con's you don't attend and such and possible paying to compeat and stuff. You should go check it out. Maybe participate since the main topic subject is names "That Yatta Vid".

Lastly, I totally understand where you are comming from in reguards to sending out to the cons all at once. It's eazy to do, and it covers your ass if you win an award and won, yet the deadline for another con has not arrived yet. I personally would LOVE to have my vid win a bunch of awards throughout the year.
But the question I keep asking myself in requards to your "we did not think we would win anyway so what the hell?" is, if you did not think you were going to win anyway, then why did you send the video to a con at all, let alone many?

I'll let you guys talk amungst yourselves now as I'm going to go hide in my bunker until a shot comes my way. :roll:
John Westbrook
hackerzc

Postby AbsoluteDestiny » Wed Jun 18, 2003 2:30 pm

OK OK OK Hold on.

Let's stop for a second here.

Rachael, you've made a video that lots of people like and it has done very well in the contests you have entered it into. You should be very very proud. Well done.

Now, I know that people may feel cheated if, in future contests, you win again... basically because the video has received its recognition and it is unfair on other people who are entering. The usual sort of analogy is "How would you like it if you worked hard on a dance video and Odorikuru was entered into the contest and won... again."

Obviously, you didn't know that you were going to win, and that's fair enough. You weren't to know. I guess the sporting thing to do when you've won lots of awards is to contact the cons that you've submitted to and ask them if it can be a non-competing entry.

It's not your fault, you're a victim of the video's sucess :) Just be aware that people may get irritated if you go on to win at another 3 contests.

You haven't broken any rules - if anything, the cons should be a little more specific about videos that have been entered into other contests. One thing I will say is that next year you may see a rule that would stop you from entering into this many contests. Sorry ^^;;;
AbsoluteDestiny

Next

Return to AMV Contests