AX Awards?

Announcement & discussion of Anime Music Video contests
Forum rules
Coordinators who fail to maintain necessary communication with entrants, or provide timey updates on results may be barred from announcing future events.
ErMaC
The Man who puts the "E" in READFAG
Org Profile

Post by ErMaC » Sun Aug 11, 2002 3:01 am

Well they told me personally they would ship it to Ian. Otherwise I would've stuck around until they found it and gave it to me.

As for Joe's award, at the same time I showed up in Video Ops Anthony Bennett was there, and he apparently had been given Joe's award. ^_^ They never shipped it. They had found it and gave it to him, so hopefully Joe's gotten it from Tony by now.

Vlad G Pohnert
Org Profile

Post by Vlad G Pohnert » Sun Aug 11, 2002 3:41 am

man, with all the stuff about non-existant awards prizes, etc at AX this year, I'm starting to feel sorry for the winners and glad I din't win anything!

Vlad

Fluxmeister
Org Profile

Post by Fluxmeister » Sun Aug 11, 2002 11:47 am

Doki, 7 also says "Anime Expo Music Video Contest Award Trophies will be shipped to winners."

Unless OtakuOutpost paid gobs of money($200 as quoted from Machine's
AX 2k2 Doc) for a 'prize'... I think the "Choice" award is quite trophy like!

:roll:

I'll even pay to have it shipped! :shock:

hehe
| NHMK Music Video Downloads | Editing like it's 2006. |

Machine
Org Profile

Post by Machine » Sun Aug 11, 2002 1:06 pm

It's a crying shame isn't it Tim :cry:

dokidoki
c0d3 m0nk3y
Org Profile

Post by dokidoki » Sun Aug 11, 2002 1:54 pm

Fluxmeister wrote:Doki, 7 also says "Anime Expo Music Video Contest Award Trophies will be shipped to winners."
arghawragha... I just remembered them not shipping prizes, looked up that page, searched for "ship prize", and didn't read the whole rule. oops.
Image Image Image
"Comedy is a dying breed." -- kisanzi // "Comedy. Serious business." -- dokidoki

Nappy
Org Profile

Post by Nappy » Mon Aug 12, 2002 2:10 am

They said at the masq. they would ship them, its messed up they didn't even have them at the actual contest, unless they carved the names into them in the hours between the 2 events, but how would they expect the winners to know they had to get them at the masq. esp. when you had to miss out on tickets for the masq to attend the 8am -_- contest I only did both because my frens waited in line for tickets while I was at the contest.

TemprateRage
Org Profile

Post by TemprateRage » Mon Aug 12, 2002 1:12 pm

Awards?

I dont really care about them. Cause wheather I do good or not I still like making AMVs. As long as I can continue to make them and have a place where people can see them is enough for me. Recigniton that I can make something Beautifull is enough for me. After all. Im only 16
Lies are the Foundation of Society.

http://www.rageamv.net

SpPANDA
Org Profile

Post by SpPANDA » Mon Aug 12, 2002 1:22 pm

TemprateRage wrote:Awards?

I dont really care about them. Cause wheather I do good or not I still like making AMVs. As long as I can continue to make them and have a place where people can see them is enough for me. Recigniton that I can make something Beautifull is enough for me. After all. Im only 16

your icon scares... me...

TemprateRage
Org Profile

Post by TemprateRage » Mon Aug 12, 2002 1:28 pm

LOL! now thats funny. Kinda Amusing. The icon is nothing. It gose with addon for a BADASS game I have thats all.
Lies are the Foundation of Society.

http://www.rageamv.net

Vlad G Pohnert
Org Profile

Post by Vlad G Pohnert » Mon Aug 12, 2002 9:16 pm

TemprateRage wrote:Awards?

I disagree there. Yes, winning is not the issue and it is more important to have people see them, but when you win do it's kind of nice to have a token to remember it by. Mind you I'm 37 years old and when you get to my age having little things to remember past events get to be more important (the older you get it seems the more it's true)...

I could of course may be getting too old and senile and be completely wrong on this!

Vlad

Return to “AMV Contests”