Himura Kenshin vs. Yagyu Jubei

MistyCaldwell
Org Profile

Post by MistyCaldwell » Thu Aug 08, 2002 10:26 pm

You do know that the Kenshin tv series is 95 episodes long.....right? Samurai X is probably about 3% of the Kenshin story.

That probably won't change your mind though, but I thought I'd mention it.

The HentaiMaster
Org Profile

Post by The HentaiMaster » Sat Aug 10, 2002 11:29 am

akatoro wrote:Kenshin's good, but JUBEI is god.
Glad we cleared this up!
and since I made this topic I will close it.

Imagine a gold medal.
Imagine it on Jubei's neck.
Imagine a bronze medal.
Imagine it on Kenshins severed neck.
:x
I give jubei 3 minutes beafore kenshon kill's him
More things change more things stay the same

The HentaiMaster

The HentaiMaster
Org Profile

Post by The HentaiMaster » Sat Aug 10, 2002 11:30 am

Kenshin* My bad
More things change more things stay the same

The HentaiMaster

Beef
Org Profile

Post by Beef » Sat Aug 10, 2002 2:22 pm

Kenshin would win hands down.
http://www.sakkakustudios.com - Witness the Illusion
<a href="http://www.animemusicvideos.org/members ... r_id=16354" target="_blank" class="postlink">ORG Profile</a>

Sagara Sanosuke
Org Profile

Post by Sagara Sanosuke » Sat Aug 10, 2002 3:01 pm

Gatsthedarksword wrote:i'm gonna have to go with jubie kibagame from ninja scroll to show up and kill both they asses, kenshin will sit there explaining tactics and talking like an idiot (i have seen samuria x and thats about 90% of that anime) but i don't know who yagyu jubie is if he's who i think he is (the guy from onimusha 2) then he wouldn't stand a chance against jubie.
Since when is the Kenshin OVA, the title "Samurai X" makes me want to vomit and which is only 4 episodes, equal 90% of the 100+ episodes in the whole series?
Gatsthedarksword wrote:i watched samurai x and was disapointed because for about three episodes before every five minute fight, they give a backround of each character, all his moves and the fights he's been in, they talk way tooooo much to be of use. also kenshin fights to save lives but he fails because when it comes to saving lives, the fewer sacrificed the better, but there almost allways will be a sacrifice if it means killing someone who slaughtered hundreds of inocent people then so be it, it's imposible to save everyone, some people just need to be killed.
You're contradicting yourself. You say that "Kenshin fights to save lives, but he fails because when it comes to saving lives the fewer sacrificed the better," ok that's a given. If Kenshin ties to talk them out of them throwing their lifes away rather then having to kill them isnt that better? He only fails at saving people because he's only human. No one is able to be every where at once and not everyone is able to be swayed in their ways.

In anycase, in my opinion there's no way that Kenshin could loose.
"Women are scary."
-Sano-san

Gatsthedarksword
Org Profile

Post by Gatsthedarksword » Sat Aug 10, 2002 6:14 pm

ok lemme make myself clear i don't like the long conversations before the fights in the kenshin series the oav kenshin would stand a very good chance at winning but jubie is too cool to loose to that goofball from the series. i'm sorry but kenshin is like vash only much much worse, vash could beat kenshin, hell even kagero (the girl from ninja scroll) could beat kenshin he's a puss and a looser
"I'm a philosophy major. That means I can think deep thoughts about being unemployed."
Bruce Lee.

BaHaRa
Org Profile

Post by BaHaRa » Sun Aug 11, 2002 5:29 pm

ok lemme make myself clear i don't like the long conversations before the fights in the kenshin series the oav kenshin would stand a very good chance at winning but jubie is too cool to loose to that goofball from the series. i'm sorry but kenshin is like vash only much much worse, vash could beat kenshin, hell even kagero (the girl from ninja scroll) could beat kenshin he's a puss and a looser
just a confirmation on a few things:

Rurouni Kenshin:

95 episode TV series
1 Movie
Total of 6 OVAs

yagyu jubei, not kibagami jubei

By how you call Kenshin goofy, I would assume that you have barely seen any of the series, how much exactly? if its any less then lets say...60, you have no right to judge. If you can't handle characters speaking with intelligent, go watch some MD Geist or something.

I haven no true opinion on the actual topic, but oh well:

how does being 'cool' give an advantage in a fight?
do you actually think you can't make such direct statements (e.g. Kagero could beat Kenshin) when there are 2 different shows involved without giving any explanations?

Gatsthedarksword
Org Profile

Post by Gatsthedarksword » Sun Aug 11, 2002 6:12 pm

being cool does not make you a good fighter, being a good fighter makes you really cool. i havn't seen 60 episodes of kenshin but i saw all the oav and and one of the normal movies and a vast majority of the series, my friend bought the whole thing and in my opinion the best part was saito verses kanshin. and it's not the talking that bothers me, it's the length at which they talk also after they beat the guy in the whole body wrap (i don't remember his name) but after that they go on about "just because we won, doesn't mean we're right" if they based jubie kibagame after yagyu jubie (someone told me they did) then from what i've seen the battle would consist of kenshin talking on and on, yagyu fealling a little sorry for fighting a guy who has such little skill (and talking instead of fighting counts as fighting skill) then yagyu would probably tear kenshin apart. kenshin has beaten nothing when compared to yagyu's track record. saito versus yagyu would be an interesting fight i think

now as for my comment about kegero, she has very little skill, if you've seen ninja scroll she doesn't do that much. but she wasn't afraid to attack, again, kenshin DOESN'T FIGHT enough to beat her. i know it seams like i'm fixating on one point but, i enjoy trigun alot so i can get over just about everything else but the talking IS just too long for me to like the series kenshin is too concerned with ideals to just fight a guy to see whos better he would wait until he's half dead and try to pull his dragon swing move, which i'm fairly sure can be avoided by jumping away. i just don't like kenshin, the oav rocked but the series was too "strong enemies, must use willpower to win." it had nothing to do with his skill

i know youall hate me for it but i'm just trying to explain why i think kenshin would lose, i really don't hate the series but it is boring. in my opinion.
"I'm a philosophy major. That means I can think deep thoughts about being unemployed."
Bruce Lee.

BaHaRa
Org Profile

Post by BaHaRa » Sun Aug 11, 2002 7:41 pm

Gatsthedarksword wrote:being cool does not make you a good fighter, being a good fighter makes you really cool. i havn't seen 60 episodes of kenshin but i saw all the oav and and one of the normal movies and a vast majority of the series, my friend bought the whole thing and in my opinion the best part was saito verses kanshin. and it's not the talking that bothers me, it's the length at which they talk also after they beat the guy in the whole body wrap (i don't remember his name) but after that they go on about "just because we won, doesn't mean we're right" if they based jubie kibagame after yagyu jubie (someone told me they did) then from what i've seen the battle would consist of kenshin talking on and on, yagyu fealling a little sorry for fighting a guy who has such little skill (and talking instead of fighting counts as fighting skill) then yagyu would probably tear kenshin apart. kenshin has beaten nothing when compared to yagyu's track record. saito versus yagyu would be an interesting fight i think

now as for my comment about kegero, she has very little skill, if you've seen ninja scroll she doesn't do that much. but she wasn't afraid to attack, again, kenshin DOESN'T FIGHT enough to beat her. i know it seams like i'm fixating on one point but, i enjoy trigun alot so i can get over just about everything else but the talking IS just too long for me to like the series kenshin is too concerned with ideals to just fight a guy to see whos better he would wait until he's half dead and try to pull his dragon swing move, which i'm fairly sure can be avoided by jumping away. i just don't like kenshin, the oav rocked but the series was too "strong enemies, must use willpower to win." it had nothing to do with his skill

i know youall hate me for it but i'm just trying to explain why i think kenshin would lose, i really don't hate the series but it is boring. in my opinion.

ok I'm responding very quickly, and i only skimmed what you wrote so i apologize. anyway:

first of all, talking a lot doesnt have anything to ydo with you having "low fighting skill." Second, the setting of the thread was a FIGHT, Kenshin would not lose due to talking....and i can't remember Kenshin ever being attacked without fighting back/dodging etc. On a side note, the series makes it pretty clear that Kenshin surpassed Saito, if not by the brief training from Hiko (some may argue he didn't get any stronger, but it was shown he did remarkably when he fought Aoshi the second time), then his techniques alone would give him the victory.

I believe you are confusing ' NOT FIGHTING ' with not wanting to fight, Kenshin has proved time and time again that he will fight when necessary...

I didn't respond to a lot of what you said, but oh well, i gotta go

CaTaClYsM
Org Profile

Post by CaTaClYsM » Sun Aug 11, 2002 7:45 pm

that fight with the burn victim was disapointing, kenshin basicaly got beat for 2 or 3 eps, and then the guy died because he overheated, that was a cheap win if I ever saw one.

Return to “General Anime”