What anime did you all start out on?

Trepe
Org Profile

Post by Trepe » Fri Aug 09, 2002 10:48 pm

Ranma 1/2: Nihao my Concubine. The natural progression led to the actual series. I don't think I'll ever be able to forget Mousse and Shampoo laughing at the Chicken Guy ^_^
Mada mada dane

FirestormXIII
Org Profile

Post by FirestormXIII » Sat Aug 10, 2002 1:24 am

The first series I ever saw were on a show called 'Japanimation' that played from 10 at night till 5 in the morning. It introduced me to Akira, Vampire Hunter D, and Dirty Pair (the original). That was quite a few years ago, almost a decade in fact. I kind of lost touch with anime when that show went off the air, and in fact it was DBZ that got me back to watching anime again... :shock:
Everyone is not the same as you.
Get over it.
And lighten up.

UncleMilo
Org Profile

Post by UncleMilo » Sat Aug 10, 2002 1:40 am

While I was a huge fan of Battle of the Planets - and even joined the Battle of the Planets fan club... (I was like 10 or 11 then)

I still consider that what got me into anime was "Star Blazers" or "Star Cruiser Yamato"

-Uncle Milo
There are two kinds of people in this world:
Those who divide people into two kinds of groups
and those who don't.

Firehawk
Org Profile

Post by Firehawk » Sat Aug 10, 2002 2:23 am

Well lets see. As far back as I can remember is from 1979 I have watched Anime way back then:) I really got heavy into it after 1987 and started to collect Anime as a hobby.

PrincessMilli_SMS
Org Profile

first anime

Post by PrincessMilli_SMS » Sat Aug 10, 2002 11:55 am

1. Totoro (the movie)
2. Sailor Moon
3. Tenchi Muyo
4. Card Captors
5. Dragon Ball Z
6. Fushigi Yugi
7. Ranma 1/2
i dont know where Poke'mon came in :roll:
Princess Milli **Peace Out**

artfreak13
Org Profile

Post by artfreak13 » Sat Aug 10, 2002 11:59 am

dbz on toonami a few years ago caught my attention. but the first actual series i got into was evangelion, though it wasn't until after i bought the tapes there was a difference between english subtitled and dubbed
AOL discs.... just chuck 'em

WillWorkForTrigun
Org Profile

first anime

Post by WillWorkForTrigun » Sat Aug 10, 2002 12:01 pm

I used to watch lodoss war when it was on tv until frickin parents voted to take it off, with vampire hunter d, and all that stuff...
Akira was the first anime i've ever seen though, I saw the movie only a bit after it came out...
After that, nothing much until Mononoke Hime...

Fridayz Girl
Org Profile

Post by Fridayz Girl » Sat Aug 10, 2002 12:13 pm

sailor moon started me off. hell i didn't know it was an anime till my friend clued me in. all i knew it was some kickass cartoon show on in the mornings as i got readly for school. this was back in the 3rd grade i believe.
"Whenever something is gained, something is always lost. It's difficult to live without facing that fact. What is lost will never return. Important Things. Irreplaceable things. What is needed to keep those things is kept in the firm will packed into one bullet. Man knows, he knows that nothing will begin unless he speaks. That nothing will change unless he moves."
Vash the Stampede -Hard Puncher

Anime Jedi
Org Profile

Post by Anime Jedi » Sat Aug 10, 2002 6:26 pm

The first anime show I ever saw was Samurai Pizza Cats. Weird little show. A buch of cats that were samurais, owned their own pizza restaurant, shot out of the top of the restaurant like a bullet and went to save the day.
But the show that really got me into anime was... Pokémon! Yup, that whole Pokémon craze. Then it went to shows like DBZ and Digimon, and before I knew it I was going out and checking what other stuff I was missing because I only watched the anime on TV.

Rozard
Org Profile

Post by Rozard » Sun Aug 11, 2002 4:01 pm

Ronin Warriors for me! w00t! Then after that, I believe it was Sailor Moon and Dragonball Z when it was on UPN, as well as Samurai Pizza Cats and Mega Man (Was that anime or US done?)

Although, once I started really getting into anime, I started watching DBZ again, as well as Outlaw Star, Cowboy Bebop and Trigun.
RichLather: We are guests of this forum, and as such we do not make the rules.
BishounenStalker The freedom to suck is what makes the Internet rock.

Return to “General Anime”