Point of View

General discussion of Anime Music Videos
anneke
Org Profile

Point of View

Post by anneke » Fri Aug 09, 2002 3:42 pm

What Point of View do you make your videos in?

I'm realizing that most of my videos are from the Point of the view where the music is the character singing, or the character's thoughts and the video is the images the character is thinking about in relation to the song.

I have a few videos that are just music with fun images, but the videos that mean alot to me tend to be the character singing/thoughts.

The Card Captor Sakura video to Silent Luciety, I found allong that line, as it was the various characters thinking or singing about them taking care of her.

Discussion?

mexicanjunior
Org Profile

Re: Point of View

Post by mexicanjunior » Fri Aug 09, 2002 4:53 pm

anneke wrote:What Point of View do you make your videos in?

I'm realizing that most of my videos are from the Point of the view where the music is the character singing, or the character's thoughts and the video is the images the character is thinking about in relation to the song.

I have a few videos that are just music with fun images, but the videos that mean alot to me tend to be the character singing/thoughts.

The Card Captor Sakura video to Silent Luciety, I found allong that line, as it was the various characters thinking or singing about them taking care of her.

Discussion?
Usually, the song in my video is telling the story through the lyrics unless it's just a silly random video (like HFT). I guess that would be considered 3rd person? O_o

MistyCaldwell
Org Profile

Post by MistyCaldwell » Fri Aug 09, 2002 5:21 pm

I am just about like you anneke...most of my videos could be classified as character profiles. The kimagure orange road video I made that's done ( :D ) now and is going to premiere at Sugoicon is literally the character's thoughts since the song itself is a profile of the character in the song. I'm babbling but when I put it up for download here in a couple months you guys can judge for yourselves ^_^

However, two videos I have planned are completely different than what I have done previously. In fact, one of them is completely different than anything else and I am not sure what catagory it could be called. I'll deal with that part when it's done though. :)

temjin
Org Profile

Post by temjin » Fri Aug 09, 2002 5:30 pm

mine consist mainly of story telling through lyrics. sometimes i do just a fun one, where it's just basically action put to the tune of the music, the lyrics don't really matter. they might have to say stupid redundant stuff like, "cap cap cap cap cap cap cap BLIZZAMMM!!" and turtles

priuscomet
Org Profile

Post by priuscomet » Fri Aug 09, 2002 7:24 pm

well, i dont' have many vids under my belt. what from what i have done, i've experimented on giving the point of view through the main characters in my vid, and telling a story through a narrators point of view. i'm also workin on a sort of mini vid where the point of view is targeted to the viewers mind and they create their own point of view. but i'm still workin on the last two ideas....heh.

TekkaRepliroid Zero
Org Profile

Post by TekkaRepliroid Zero » Fri Aug 09, 2002 7:32 pm

Mine I guess are one character's image to others, like how character is percieved by other characters in the series, mixed in with the underlying dark secrets they have. These are strongly present in Destiny Boy and Irregulars, and to a lesser extent Shinma Slayer.
<i>TekkaRepliroid Zero</i>
I'll Never be the One that she Needs (first DL-able vid, ops appreciated)
"OOW, Why does it huuuuuuurt?!" - Zim
"Ooonly if you dance with meeeee" - GIR

SarahtheBoring
Org Profile

Post by SarahtheBoring » Fri Aug 09, 2002 7:35 pm

I haven't done many yet, but the ideas I have really vary depending on the song.

Some songs themselves are more first-person, some are third-person (Ben Folds does a ton of "character sketch" third-person songs), while some are vague and idea-based.

So it would depend on the song. :) Out of the ones I've done or am doing, one was ...well, it didn't have any people in it, so that's hard to tell :shock: ...one was very much in first person plural (we), the throwaway vid in between was second person (you), and the one I'm unfortunately working on now definitely is first-person, though it flips to another first-person narration during the bridge (baaad in writing; we'll see how it goes in video).

So all in all, it depends on the song.

Flint the Dwarf
Org Profile

Post by Flint the Dwarf » Fri Aug 09, 2002 9:20 pm

Well I haven't done any vids yet but I've got some ideas that I am positive will take shape sometime in the future. One is a character profile/parody but I think it's unlikely that I will do many of those. Mostly it is telling the story through lyrics. What I prefer is to have separate stanzas reflecting the different characters' parts in the story. So I'm not sure what you would call that, but that's what it is.
Kusoyaro: We don't need a leader. We need to SHUT UP. Make what you want to make, don't make you what you don't want to make. If neither of those applies to you, then you need to SHUT UP MORE.

FirestormXIII
Org Profile

Post by FirestormXIII » Fri Aug 09, 2002 11:12 pm

I kind of relate to Temjin and Prius on this. I always try to tell a story with my videos, whether they be related through the characters, or through the overlying theme. As a creator I feel it is my duty to tell that story above all else, in a way that the viewer can understand. That doesn't mean I stick strictly to the story of the given anime, but it does mean I try to constantly tell a story, even if I'm making it up.
Everyone is not the same as you.
Get over it.
And lighten up.

fellowhoodlum
Org Profile

Post by fellowhoodlum » Fri Aug 09, 2002 11:15 pm

I usually take the omniscient point of view, following the lyrics of the song. I haven't actually thought about altering the perspective of things o.o

And MJ: Change your avatar to the one I gave you :D

Return to “General AMV”