What anime did you all start out on?

Beefmaster10000
Org Profile

Post by Beefmaster10000 » Fri Aug 09, 2002 6:51 pm

Dragonball Z is what really got me into anime. But, I have been watching anime since before DBZ. Shows such as Transformers, Astro-Boy, and I think there is more, but I can't think of it right now.

Cailet730
Org Profile

Post by Cailet730 » Fri Aug 09, 2002 7:15 pm

Gundam Wing. My brother was borrowing the DVDs from his college roommate and he brought them home one weekend I was home too. Then I made him borrow Eva and Bebop and Trigun and VHD Bloodlust and Lain......hehe. Unfortunately borrowing wasn't enough. My checking account just isn't what it used to be. *sigh*

Chaos Angel
Org Profile

Post by Chaos Angel » Fri Aug 09, 2002 7:19 pm

Cowboy Bebop on Adult Swim was what got me really into anime, beyond just something interesting. I had been watching Toonami for about a year before Bebop came on, though.
Fragile and Frail | Summertime

I'm not a vegetarian because I enjoy eating cute animals.

SarahtheBoring
Org Profile

Post by SarahtheBoring » Fri Aug 09, 2002 7:45 pm

I'm hardly a diehard, but the first anime I saw was Vampire Hunter D. (I think. Not counting this creepy short on Liquid Television about an auto racer and a reporter, or something. O_o I vaguely remember that.)

Anyhow, a friend and I were having a vampire movie night and she brought that. Fun. After that, Saturday Anime on Sci-Fi, etc. etc. etc. To this day I don't think I've ever watched Toonami apart from a couple episodes of Tenchi my then-boyfriend made me watch. :P

Gatsthedarksword
Org Profile

Post by Gatsthedarksword » Fri Aug 09, 2002 8:01 pm

the first bit of anime i saw was DBZ the episode were goku fights oarzu vegita, and unlike alot of you, i don't think toonami is all that bad, well nowadays with batman beyond(which isn't too bad) and power puff girls is ludicrice. but one night at like 3:00 am i caught the end of an anime, i have yet to figure out what it was. but right after that they had ninja scroll on, i knew i was trapped then, in fact ninja scroll was my favorite anime movie until i rented suikoden. (which i highly recomend) after that i started renting from blockbuster so i got to experiance alot of older anime's, the ones nobody even here would probably know about, but the first anime i ever owned was wrath of the ninja, i got that and wings of honeomase for christmas one year. after that i went every ware i found friends who owned anime borrowed alot from him watched ones over at his house. but one of my favorite anime purchases to this day was a year ago i used ebay to buy all the dbz movies on vhs. after making hundreds of copies for my friends i got to really enjoy movie 8, the brolly movie is the best part of dbz out of any sagas or movies.
"I'm a philosophy major. That means I can think deep thoughts about being unemployed."
Bruce Lee.

klinky
Org Profile

Post by klinky » Fri Aug 09, 2002 8:06 pm

I downloaded Evangelion via the win98 netbios hack from some guy running a hotline server who had open samba drives...

really,

I think I was scarred for life from watching eva....

made me think how pointless life is :p GRrrr

~klinky

Gotenksisdabest
Org Profile

Post by Gotenksisdabest » Fri Aug 09, 2002 8:20 pm

what do you think (hint look at my pic).....don't know yet :roll: .....duh outlaw star I bought the dvd's.
"look at you, a tough little cookie and a righteous babe all in one "-gene starwind
"it is better to be the God of death than to be the hero of a massacre"-duo

KLin
Org Profile

The anime I grew up watching was...

Post by KLin » Fri Aug 09, 2002 8:30 pm

...Doraemon!

"hmm... no reaction!" - Excel

I had like 6 VHS tapes of Chinese dubs + subs, including the 2 VHS Doraemon crossover movie special. (Had like cameos from 8 different anime shows) So yeah, I've been watching anime for a long long time thanks to my Asian heritage. (mwa ha!)

Flint the Dwarf
Org Profile

Post by Flint the Dwarf » Fri Aug 09, 2002 9:39 pm

Hmm... I can't remember for sure. All were clumped in one short period of time.

They were Vampire Hunter D, Ninja Scroll, Vampire Princess Miyu, Record of Lodoss War, and Fox's Escaflowne. I'm not sure what order but Record of Lodoss War might've been first.
Kusoyaro: We don't need a leader. We need to SHUT UP. Make what you want to make, don't make you what you don't want to make. If neither of those applies to you, then you need to SHUT UP MORE.

Mroni
Location: Heading for the 90s living in the 80s sitting in a back room waiting for the big boom
Org Profile

Post by Mroni » Fri Aug 09, 2002 10:40 pm

Easy Slayers the movie

Mr Oni
Purity is wackable!
"Don't trust me I'm over 40!"

Return to “General Anime”