Animazement 2k3 Results

Post by Kurai Seraphim » Sun May 25, 2003 10:54 pm

Pardon any mistakes I make here

1st Place: Yatta with Various Footage
--nice touch with the anime character faces on Happa tai bodies at the end
2nd Place: Zarxraz's Doujin Addiction
-A lot of fanservice done to Manga Maniac. Nice visual effects
3rd Place: Kingdom Hearts to Linkin Park's "In the End"
-Kudos to the use of the KH2 trailer and international footage.

Honorable Mention: Mini-Gendo's Radio-Free Bugrom
-Very sweet, I enjoyed it verily.

I don't remember the official awards that these two got because they were the first mentioned and I was still recovering from the near-heart attack that I had when I saw the Gundam at Cosplay.

Tom the Fish's Fight!
Hello Kitty to Mortal Kombat. That is all I can say, go check it out.

Senta's Alabama Man
Hat Trick! Senta captures an award at animazement three years in a row! Good job!

Another video I thought was worth mentioning:
The Hamtaro Hamster Dance was cute. It successfully reduced me to glittery eyes, which says a lot.

Shameless Self-plug:
Fallen Angels
I'm pretty sure everyone looking at it was stuck on a "What the hell was that?" kind of thing, given for whatever reason the projector was kinda dark tinting everything and my video was already dark, so not even I could make half of it out and I was only in the third or so row on the screen-side. Regardless of the quality of the crappy VHS entry and the like, I thought I did a good job on my video. The non-crappy one is available for download, as well as a scene-by-scene commentary explaining what the hell was going on.

Suggestion for next year: If at all possible, maybe have people label their VHS submissions with "action" "comedy" or "sentimental" respectively so the compiler can try to balance things out a bit. I know I was starting to grow tired near the end because it seemed like a good ten or so videos in a row were sentimental and that really wasn't fair to the submissions that I went into them tired.
Animazement AMV Contest Coordinator
http://www.animazement.org
Amv@animazement.org

BaHaRa
Org Profile

Re: Animazement 2k3 Results

Post by BaHaRa » Mon May 26, 2003 7:44 pm

Kurai Seraphim wrote:1st Place: Yatta with Various Footage
--nice touch with the anime character faces on Happa tai bodies at the end

:shock: :shock: :shock:

:D :D :D

Kurai Seraphim
Org Profile

Post by Kurai Seraphim » Tue May 27, 2003 1:51 pm

Well played my friend, well played indeed. Its too bad you didn't see the reaction, partly because everyone knows yatta and partly because your video rocked. We're talking pretty nice... (Strong Bad Voice)
Animazement AMV Contest Coordinator
http://www.animazement.org
Amv@animazement.org

BaHaRa
Org Profile

Post by BaHaRa » Tue May 27, 2003 2:16 pm

Kurai Seraphim wrote:Well played my friend, well played indeed. Its too bad you didn't see the reaction, partly because everyone knows yatta and partly because your video rocked. We're talking pretty nice... (Strong Bad Voice)

haha thanks...yeah im kinda pissed i didnt get to see its showing, so im really hoping it qualifies at Otakon so i can see it there. im really relieved that it was received well, i had my doubts over the popularity of yatta but i guess it turned out alright

oh and

congrats to the runner ups!

Zarxrax
Org Profile

Post by Zarxrax » Tue May 27, 2003 2:20 pm

Yep, yatta was extremely popular there. I think people were even singing along to it!

JG
Org Profile

Did you by chance see the SaiKano video?

Post by JG » Tue May 27, 2003 6:25 pm

I entered the SaiKano video there to The Pretenders "Human", did anyone see it and have anything to say about it? Seems no one at animazement even saw the anime.. but when they showed it at 1 am, the next day I got a lot of compliments on the video.
It shall be engraved upon your soul! Divine Assault: Niebelung Valesti!

jwrjr
Org Profile

Animazement 2k3

Post by jwrjr » Thu May 29, 2003 6:09 pm

Anybody see/have comments on a video titled 'To the Stars'?

Cosmos Studio
Org Profile

Post by Cosmos Studio » Thu Jun 05, 2003 10:38 am

Do you know where I could find the Kingdom Hearts video for download? I searched the site, but it doesn't seem to be here. I'd like to show that to someone I know, it was a very well put together vid. As for yatta, yes, the people went crazy with it XD

Senta
Org Profile

Re: Animazement 2k3 Results

Post by Senta » Sun Jun 08, 2003 6:33 pm

Kurai Seraphim wrote: Senta's Alabama Man
Hat Trick! Senta captures an award at animazement three years in a row! Good job!
Thanks. Fyi, my video received Best Parody.

Overall, I thought this video contest was pretty good and more enjoyable than the previous year's contest.

Also, the Nightowls (Nathan and Jeff) deserve much praise for putting the contest together the night before after hearing that Quu couldn't make it. I didn't notice any technical problems with the contest tapes.

Senta
Org Profile

Re: Did you by chance see the SaiKano video?

Post by Senta » Sun Jun 08, 2003 6:38 pm

JG wrote:I entered the SaiKano video there to The Pretenders "Human", did anyone see it and have anything to say about it? Seems no one at animazement even saw the anime.. but when they showed it at 1 am, the next day I got a lot of compliments on the video.
I saw the Saikano video there, but don't recall any specifics about it. I do remember that I liked the video and thought that I should watch the rest of the series. I saw only the first episode of Saikano about six months ago.

Return to “AMV Contests”