Total Waste of 6:35 now available for download

Feedback on cataloged Anime Music Videos

Moderators: Mol, seasons

Forum rules
Please observe the following unique rules for this forum:
  • Please limit your new threads (not replies) to one per week. If you have several new videos to announce, create one thread for all the videos. (Note: if you forget one you can edit your post!)
  • Offsite links are allowed, but you are required to have a catalog entry for that video as well. Threads announcing videos that do not contain a catalog entry will be moved to the Awaiting Catalog Entry sub-forum and will be deleted in 2 weeks if an entry is not created.
  • When posting announcements, it is recommended that you include links to the catalog entries (using the video ID) in your post.
  • Videos that do not contain anime are allowed to be announced in the Other Videos section and are not required to have catalog entries.
TnAdct1
Org Profile

Post by TnAdct1 » Tue Aug 06, 2002 11:55 pm

I tried downloading this video from Lee Sheng's site. While the download was complete, I had a problem in that the audio was there, bt there was no video (in other words, a black screen).

Joe Klemm

BogoSort
Org Profile

Post by BogoSort » Wed Aug 07, 2002 1:38 am

TnAdct1 wrote:I tried downloading this video from Lee Sheng's site. While the download was complete, I had a problem in that the audio was there, bt there was no video (in other words, a black screen).
Oh fine, just blame the fact that the video doesn't play on me, the person who is hosting the video. Personally I think that your problem is that you don't have the proper versions of DivX installed, and you should fiddle with those until you get video on your screen.

TnAdct1
Org Profile

Post by TnAdct1 » Wed Aug 07, 2002 4:20 pm

BogoSort wrote:
TnAdct1 wrote:I tried downloading this video from Lee Sheng's site. While the download was complete, I had a problem in that the audio was there, bt there was no video (in other words, a black screen).
Oh fine, just blame the fact that the video doesn't play on me, the person who is hosting the video. Personally I think that your problem is that you don't have the proper versions of DivX installed, and you should fiddle with those until you get video on your screen.
One question: which DivX versions did you use to make it work? Considering that did have some DivX problems last year fixed via updating the codec, it could work.

Joe Klemm

BogoSort
Org Profile

Post by BogoSort » Wed Aug 07, 2002 7:23 pm

Well my computer claims that it's using DivX 5.02, so make what you will of that. And I have to wonder sometimes why I personally like distributing in mpeg. Much fewer issues.

TnAdct1
Org Profile

Post by TnAdct1 » Thu Aug 08, 2002 4:55 pm

Yep, the problem had nothing to do with the download but rather the DivX codec. I first tried watching the video with DivX 5.0, which for some reason causes some videos (including this one) to be shown as black screens. However, after downloading 5.02, the screen finally appeared. It video itself was good by the way.

Joe Klemm

BogoSort
Org Profile

Post by BogoSort » Thu Aug 08, 2002 9:43 pm

TnAdct1 wrote:Yep, the problem had nothing to do with the download but rather the DivX codec. I first tried watching the video with DivX 5.0, which for some reason causes some videos (including this one) to be shown as black screens. However, after downloading 5.02, the screen finally appeared. It video itself was good by the way.
Yep, I was in fact correct. DivX will complain about bad files if there's a problem with the download usually. Having the wrong version will cause black screen with audio that plays just fine.

Sierra Lorna
Org Profile

Post by Sierra Lorna » Fri Aug 09, 2002 2:10 pm

Great video, xstylus! :) I left an opinion already, I think...
ImageImage

Petro
Location: In the Nuclear Blast Zone of Washington DC, Virginia
Org Profile

Post by Petro » Fri Aug 09, 2002 2:22 pm

Great video! I wish I had thought of it first! :wink:
My Profile There are only 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary and those who don't.

FurryCurry
Org Profile

Post by FurryCurry » Fri Aug 09, 2002 8:19 pm

Ya know, despite talk of "no replay value", I saw a lot more in the video rewatching it now, than when I saw it at AX.

Not being exhausted and up too early is certainly part of that, but seeing it up close with a clean picture and sound made it easier to pay attention to the details of the editing, and such.

Definitely not a waste of a download. :wink:

vincentpricemil
Org Profile

Post by vincentpricemil » Sat Aug 10, 2002 3:44 am

Well, if anything, the title is accurate :D . All in all, I liked it. Funny as hell. I'd give you a review now, but im dead tired now. I'll give the review after work tommorow.

Return to “AMV Announcements & Feedback”