Ps2 Game Footage

A forum for assistance with capturing or ripping footage from various media sources.
windy78
Org Profile

Ps2 Game Footage

Post by windy78 » Sun Apr 27, 2003 10:09 pm

I really, really need help! I've read the guides about capturing ps2 footage and searched for other threads talking about this subject but I am still confused. How exactly do you capture ps2 footage (ie. Final Fantasy X?). What kind of software do you use to capture the footage? I've downloaded ps2play but it doesn't seem to work so I tried some other programs, but unfortunately, I still don't understand. Can anyone help me out here? I would very much appreciate it! Thanks!

sable_enforcer
Org Profile

hmmm...

Post by sable_enforcer » Tue May 06, 2003 7:15 pm

For me, it was impossible to load FFX clips into adobe premiere, but for my friends...they had to ask the company for clips, cuz you know, in order to make amv's that are legal you need to ask the company FOR their clips...instead of using downloaded anime series or burned games. So basically all I know is that you have to ask the company somehow for these ps2 clips. lol sorry if that's not of help ^^;;

TokyoU15
Org Profile

Post by TokyoU15 » Tue May 06, 2003 7:31 pm

First you need the proper hardware to capture footage. Dude, read the guides very carefully. People are only going to tell you what the guides say.
<a href="http://www.senpaiproductions.net">Image</a>
<a href="http://www.animemusicvideos.org/members ... =326">View My Profile</a>
The Thrill of The Kill Is Alive and Well!

Bushido Philosopher
Org Profile

Post by Bushido Philosopher » Thu May 08, 2003 10:16 pm

Look for something called FFX2MOV.

It will be on a Japanese site so hope that you can understand it. But I think you can still find your way around. If not, I can send it to ya.

.....Hm...damn, I really need to get that video game replacement guide up on the org really soon....Wait until the summer, hopefully I can make it during then.

But be warned that this will only give you the pre-rendered cinema scenes. Real-time generated footage you'll have follow TokyoU15's advice and get a capture card. That's really the true solution to video game footage. But for FFX this'll do I think.
"Many people want to change the world, but very few even consider changing themselves."
<<A>My Member Profile</a>> <<A>Read my Xanga</a>>

ismhawk
Org Profile

Post by ismhawk » Fri May 09, 2003 8:47 pm

in my case, i captured the footage using my ATI all in wonder, and i just link my video cable from my PS2 into my video in. the only hard part was getting to the end of the game, so i can go and review my "memories" (as the were called in the game) in Luca.....
Those that lack leadership ability should leave the room and make way for those that have.

Words to live by

~IsmHawk~
-The No Life King-
Bad Omens Productions

friezat2
Org Profile

Post by friezat2 » Sat May 10, 2003 8:22 am

Someone posted a question about the format of ripped FFX Videos in this forum, and left a link for people to download the videos. I downloaded the footage and used it with WMM and my videos turned out pretty good. But I have an ATi All in Wonder Radion 7000 and when I have my PS2 or PSOne the quality truly sucks.
Last Night I was in a heightened state of awareness. Then I ran into a window

Knowname
Org Profile

Re: Ps2 Game Footage

Post by Knowname » Wed May 14, 2003 1:59 pm

windy78 wrote:I really, really need help! I've read the guides about capturing ps2 footage and searched for other threads talking about this subject but I am still confused. How exactly do you capture ps2 footage (ie. Final Fantasy X?). What kind of software do you use to capture the footage? I've downloaded ps2play but it doesn't seem to work so I tried some other programs, but unfortunately, I still don't understand. Can anyone help me out here? I would very much appreciate it! Thanks!
I use PSSplex for everything that's NOT FFX, FFX is a special one it is :shock:. many fmvs are realtime though so you may need a capture card.

sepatooth
Org Profile

Post by sepatooth » Sun May 18, 2003 9:55 pm

http://www.geocities.co.jp/Hollywood/4205/ there ya go. That's the link to the FFX movie ripper. I dont know what to do about any other ps2 games.
Eagles may soar but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines.

windy78
Org Profile

Post by windy78 » Tue May 27, 2003 6:09 pm

Wow, thanks for all your help! I appriciate it very much and I will look into a capture card.

Cole
Org Profile

Post by Cole » Sun Jun 01, 2003 1:44 am

My method for capturing game footage is a bit unorthodox, but I didn't wanna upgrade to a vidcapture card (I already have a Radeon Pro 9000). I simply loop the analog connection into my digital video camera, then plug a firewire connection from the camera to the PC and use windows movie maker to make DV avi's. But you need a decent sized hard drive with lots of empty space. Just a few minutes of high quality DV will eat up over a gig. Sadly, that will obviously only work if you have a digital video recorder.

Return to “Capturing / Ripping Help”