Why is it that DBZ+Linkin Park is so widely used? (serious)

General discussion of Anime Music Videos
SpPANDA
Org Profile

Post by SpPANDA » Mon Jul 01, 2002 1:28 pm

i wouldn't say that they are "angry"

just... pop.

most of the time DBZ is teh only anime people have seen, or have.

and linkin park...

well....

they're pop

Dark Kamui
Org Profile

Post by Dark Kamui » Mon Jul 01, 2002 1:57 pm

*Pop or POOP?* :twisted:

KLin
Org Profile

Hmm...

Post by KLin » Mon Jul 01, 2002 4:51 pm

This really belongs on the Suggestions board, but actually I think it'd be quite possible to do a Sailor Moon/Linkin Park and Dragon Ball Z/Backstreet Boys videos. Show all the impressionable young teenagers and kiddies how really angsty and angry Sailor Moon is. It could be shown how in the end, no matter how hard the Negaverse tries, it doesn't even matter! And also show off the one true redeeming quality of DBZ. (In my opinion anyways) DBZ's comedic aspects, especially that god-awful-but-somehow-inspiring-at-the-same-time-super-hero dancing of Saiyaman! Or the funky saiyan fusing dance! The title could be: SS Break-Dance! Break the sterotypes and stuff. Yo. Werd. Lameness etc. 8)

I need sleep, yee-essss....

nailz
Org Profile

Post by nailz » Mon Jul 01, 2002 5:05 pm

How does this belong in the suggestions board? There's no one asking for suggestions...

Anyway, to add my own two cents: It's easy. It's a good starting point, a good way to get some very generic skills from whatever program you're using to edit down.
Ploink! Magic Cupcake! <a href="http://www.elvenking.net">Elvenking</a>. I'm sorry, I can't hear you over how awesome I am.

Wonka
Org Profile

Post by Wonka » Mon Jul 01, 2002 7:28 pm

Linkin Park is just a very AMV friendly band, IMHO.

Their song structure promotes a feeling of drama and action quite easily. Each song has a fast tempo to a degree, each song has a breakdown, where the climax builds, and each song has a very defined climax. These are things that make an action video appealing, and serve to "pump up" the audiance.

DBZ is used in conjunction with this becuase it is the "perfect" source footage for an action video. 300 some odd episodes make for a lot of action scene options (though people do get hung up on the Majin Vagita vs Goku fight), and with the ever increasing popularity of DBZ, makes for the perfect newbie vehical.

I personaly dont have any problem with linkinball Z videos, so long as the creator put effort into it. This dosnt mean I will nessecarily like the video, but I will not look down upon people for using this combo, becuase we all have to start somwhere, and this person is just trying to offer what he can to the AMV community.

Just my 2 cents though ;)

NeoGohan
Org Profile

Post by NeoGohan » Mon Jul 01, 2002 7:48 pm

Dark Kamui wrote: Another mind boggling thing is how listeners can somehow manage to ignore or neglect all the lyrics in Papa Roach and do Trunks/Last Resort AMVs when the song is in fact a suicide song; The guy stating that his life is shity and in order to get away from it all he must CUT his veins as his LAST RESORT.
It's obvious that fans only seem to hear "CUT" and "LAST RESORT". The leads me to wonder than in fact about %90 (if even more?) of all people dont really even pay attention to what they payed to listen to! @_@
Heh.. Im guessing Im the cause of that piece of crap. There really wasnt a reason behind it... it was just back when I downloaded clips and I heard "cut", and just happened to be downloading clips of Trunks Vs Freeza where he uses his sword. Kinda went from there.. @_@

Though the more surprising thing is this.. while I despise that video and wish it to hell, alot of people love it. I cant understand why, but people seem to think its a decent video. Therein lies another problem... not only is the creator stupid for making it, but you have to wonder about the people who actually enjoy it.
I think they both have the same mentality. "Cool + cool = uber cool". My experience with showing videos to friends at school is that they always comment on the clips used. They're more or less like.. "wow, that was a cool scene from movie 13... this video is great", and they ignore any sort of relation between audio and video. They just want cool clips and a popular song.. and theyre happy.

Blah :?

Wonka
Org Profile

Post by Wonka » Mon Jul 01, 2002 7:56 pm

Neo, the ever tormented artist ;)

OrionPro001
Org Profile

Post by OrionPro001 » Mon Jul 01, 2002 10:29 pm

Alright I'll add in my two cents:

First off, I have SWORN to NEVER make a Dragonball - Z + Linkin Park AMV. Why? Because the ones that I HAVE seen just plain S-U-C-K compared to other AMV's that are out there. Also, and I really hate to say it, but it is a "mainstream" in the AMV community, and I don't like to associate with mainstream. (Although my GF wouldn't mind seein' me make one, as she likes both DBZ and LP. (In fact, DBZ is all that she ever gets where she lives. -_-)).

I already know I'm a total newbie to AMV making, but my first AMV was NOT a DBZ + LP AMV!!! It was a Darkstalker + Rob Zombie - Living Dead Girl (Remix)!!! So not ALL newbie's make DBZ + LP AMV's on their first time!!! That was so stereotypical there and completely wrong!

I personally believe that people make the DBZ + LP AMV's is because of these reasons:
  1. That's all they are able to get.
  2. That's all they know.
  3. They have no taste & think that DBZ & LP are the only real way for AMV's.
  4. They have no creative energy and want to copy something that they've already seen.
And to me, only the first point up in that list is forgivable. Other than that... I personally think that they need to get slapped up across the head and let them be known that there is WAY more better anime's out there!!

Oh... and if I have offended any fan-boys... GOOD!!
http://www.orionproductions.org
Where Anime & Music Come Together.

TobinHood
Mr. Poopy Pants
Org Profile

Post by TobinHood » Tue Jul 02, 2002 12:12 am

This isn't only true to DBZ videos

Linkin Park are very popular so of course many people hear their music. Some not even really knowing much about AMVs yet do not have to be Dragonball Z fans because Linkin Park's lyrics are very simple and easy for newbies to work with. Linkin Park have many chords and beats in their songs as well leaving it open for experimentation. But it is mainly because their lyrics are so simple they can match almost any anime. Most newbies just have access to DBZ or do not know any other real animes during this particular point of entering the anime world, and that's why this occurs so often.

I myself am a huge Linkin Park fan but if I ever make a video to them I will kick myself in the balls.............. really hard. >.<

My musical tastes are very diverse, I don't only like rock, I like Great big Sea too. ^^

Make fun of me!
http://sakkaku.icedomain.netImageImage
I've got to stop procrasturbating.

OrionPro001
Org Profile

Post by OrionPro001 » Tue Jul 02, 2002 12:29 am

Personally I am a Bush, SOAD, and Rob Zombie fan...

There is only 1 song of Linkin Park that I LIKE and I've already done my 2nd AMV to it (used SFA to it, NOT DBZ.).
http://www.orionproductions.org
Where Anime & Music Come Together.

Return to “General AMV”