Mindwarp Contest

Announcement & discussion of Anime Music Video contests
KenShimazu
Org Profile

not complaining

Post by KenShimazu » Sat Jun 29, 2002 9:18 pm

thanks for giving me an award ^^ my first contest which i actually made it to the end ^^ ken very happy

thanks to the Mindwarp Crew

Kentaro Shimazu
K.A.T. Translations AMV Division Japan :)

edoggy
Org Profile

Post by edoggy » Sun Jun 30, 2002 12:25 am

hey im a newbie to this amv contest stuff but i definitely won nothing though i was #1 in the list of losers posted on the minwarp site.
unless that was just some random order... oh well anyway i was wondering if there were goin to be opinions on any of the loser's videos posted anywhere? let me know k :D

edoggy

mexicanjunior
Org Profile

Post by mexicanjunior » Sun Jun 30, 2002 7:53 am

Machine wrote:Are you guys done whining yet?
No! I got screwed dammitt! ^_~

Hakura
Org Profile

Post by Hakura » Mon Jul 01, 2002 1:00 pm

How come all anyone has to say is negative things about this contest and like everything else?

It's so much easier to say bad things then it is top say positive...

I mean come one...over 100 AMV's in a night...give them some credit...they deserve it and I think they did their best. No one is perfect nor should they be expected to be ^^ Cut them and everyone else some slack and bring back the FUN in AMV's that we all seem to be lacking ^^ Ok well...not all ^^ *dances around ^^*

Vash of Cucumber Studios
Org Profile

Post by Vash of Cucumber Studios » Mon Jul 01, 2002 1:18 pm

Actually thats the sad thing....no one does it for FUN anymore they all do it for compettion or agrue about it. Hey if you dont like how its run and stuff do it yourself or hey better yet dont even make videos cause when you complain aobut how a costest is run thats usuaually because you lost, I didnt win anything, i got to the 2nd, but ya know what? i dont care! so what if you dont win this time take the time you could spend arugeing about it and complaining and make better videos! Now im not dissing anyones videos im just sayin you could put your energy from that stuff into makin them and they would be that much better.

Hakura
Org Profile

Post by Hakura » Mon Jul 01, 2002 1:26 pm

Exactly ^^

Everything I make is ALWAYS for myself first ^^ I don't care if people bash it ^^ I made I like it and thats what matters ^^ Contests..meh...fun but I go just to match my vid on the big screens and see reactions ^^ Winnning is just a bonus ^^

It's my hobby and an art form to me ^^ If it's not fun for you....don't do it....making for competition only leads to hard feelings and tension.. :(

Hitori
Org Profile

Post by Hitori » Mon Jul 01, 2002 2:05 pm

Also, don't enter competitions or contests if you expect to win. I send mine out to contests and competitions to get more exposure. This is with no expectations on winning. Winning is only a plus and thus more exposure and the ability to create better AMVs. Ask yourself when you enter videos into a contest, "is this for personal gain or personal satisfaction?" It's all fun for me and I didn't expect much when I sent my videos in to the MindWarp contest. Both of my videos made it to 2nd day judging and one got an Honorable Mention for Best Horror. That was a big plus. But hey, I'm happy and having fun!! :D

alternatefutures
Org Profile

Post by alternatefutures » Mon Jul 01, 2002 2:19 pm

Ask your self "Really, what am I responding to" before you post. Does your speech actually have a bearing on what others have said before, or are you simply longing for an opportunity to break out your soap box and preach to the chior? Have you even read what other people have posted, or are you simply reading only what you want to and ignoring the rest?

TokyoU15
Org Profile

Post by TokyoU15 » Mon Jul 01, 2002 6:10 pm

ok lemme start, good things: helluva good job getting everything done on time. That's just fucking great, unlike some more "PRO" con contest *coughAXcough*, MindWarp keeps everyone updated.

They know good AMV's when they see them, all the winners (well the ones i've seen so far) are great! good shit.

MindWarp Offers as much as possible without letting anyone down. Great contest, but because they do run a great contest, that doesn't mean there aren't certain bad things. I've mentioned them enough so just scroll up and find out. All in all, definatly one of the best contests period.
<a href="http://www.senpaiproductions.net">Image</a>
<a href="http://www.animemusicvideos.org/members ... =326">View My Profile</a>
The Thrill of The Kill Is Alive and Well!

Zarxrax
Org Profile

Post by Zarxrax » Mon Jul 01, 2002 8:53 pm

Yes I'll have to agree to that. Mindwarp contest is one of the best one's out there. It's held twice a year dammit! That's double the fun of any other contests. It's its an online contest, so its sooo much easier to enter it. Sure, your not getting the video shown to a large crowd, but hey, it's an online contest ^_^
Now hey, I was a little disappointed my video didn't even make it to the 2nd round, but its the people's honest opinions, you can't argue that. If they happened to put something in the wrong category, who is to say that its wrong. THEY are the judges, and the category it goes in is what the video appears as to THEM. I seriously doubt they are sitting there thinking "hey, lets just toss this vid over in the horror section, I bet it'll REALLY piss some people off!" Any AMV contest ANYWHERE is merely opinon. It is purely subjective. There is no scientific measure of "this video is better than that one" or "this video must go into this category". It is all merely opinion, something that we all differ on. If you disagree with someone else's opinon, it isn't right to make them fell like their opinon is wrong, as for all you know, your opinion could be the wrong one. But in reality, opinion is not white or black, but merely shades of grey. I'll bet I just ripped off some quote right there didn't I ^_^

Return to “AMV Contests”