NGE - again, sorry..

Rozard
Org Profile

Post by Rozard » Wed Aug 07, 2002 12:17 pm

LOL!! You'll have to talk to Jon about it; that's not my department. :D But I doubt it, especially what happened with MJ's "Service" vid :shock:
RichLather: We are guests of this forum, and as such we do not make the rules.
BishounenStalker The freedom to suck is what makes the Internet rock.

kthulhu
Org Profile

Post by kthulhu » Wed Aug 07, 2002 2:53 pm

AbsoluteDestiny wrote: He produced Ebichu and two other shows as part of a collection of shows directed by women (Anime Ai no Awawa Hour)
Point is,he was still involved.

His brain is on the uppers!
I'm out...

UncleMilo
Org Profile

Post by UncleMilo » Thu Aug 08, 2002 1:03 pm

Look...

Evangelion is just a personal piece.

Alfred Hitchcock had issues with his religious upbringing and his sexual desires... he made the movie Vertigo to exorcise his demons into his art.

Anno had manny issues to deal with... issues with his own father... issues with life... issues with intercommunication and with identity.

He decicded, like many other great filmmakers, to exorcise his own inner demons into his art. He simply tried to come up with his own answers and share them in the story.

It is an incredibly brave gesture and it leaves us with an empowering message... and it's a shame it was wasted on so many stupid people... people who wrote him THOUSANDS of hate letters...

and so that horrible movie got made... which really also feels like a message... a "f- you!" to all those morons.

I'm very tired of people who say "I didn't get it... so it's stupid."
They blame their own lack of comprehension on the TV series.

Anyway... everyone has suicidal moments... everyone faces incredible depression...

What builds your character is how you get out of those slumps... how you push on. Anno gave us Evangelion... and I for one see it as a gift.

-Uncle Milo
There are two kinds of people in this world:
Those who divide people into two kinds of groups
and those who don't.

akatoro
Org Profile

Post by akatoro » Thu Aug 08, 2002 1:09 pm

Well I for one wonders if UncleMilo has a fanclub. If not, then I want to be the supreme-general of it! :twisted:
People that rocks my socks: Uncle Milo
AnimeJedi
MistyCaldwell

AbsoluteDestiny
Org Profile

Post by AbsoluteDestiny » Thu Aug 08, 2002 3:48 pm

kthulhu wrote:
AbsoluteDestiny wrote: He produced Ebichu and two other shows as part of a collection of shows directed by women (Anime Ai no Awawa Hour)
Point is,he was still involved.

His brain is on the uppers!
Um... let's see, is he on the uppers?

Love and Pop was about teenage prostitution (ish) and celebration day is about a girl who's going to kill herself on her birthday.

I wouldn't really call those "uppers". He's attracted to trauma and angst, although he has seemably finished with these themes for now.

MAS PRODUCTIONS
Org Profile

Post by MAS PRODUCTIONS » Thu Aug 08, 2002 6:46 pm

Here are my thoughts about how it come about....

Who cares! I dont really care how the series came about, Im just glad it did. Im actually more worried about why Temjin hasn't commented on the subject.

temjin
Org Profile

Post by temjin » Thu Aug 08, 2002 7:42 pm

cause this isn't a praise eva topic, it's a discussion on what inspired it. i only complain about its suckiness in topics like, "WHY DOES EVA ROXXOR SO MUCH OMGOM OMGOGM!?!?!"

Return to “General Anime”