What is left after trigun

leathelanime
Org Profile

Post by leathelanime » Wed Aug 07, 2002 2:24 pm

Kenshin,Outlaw Star,Bubblegum Crisis (New),Slayers (all must Have slayers in there life....Buy all the box sets!!!!)Jubei-Chan,Orphen,Soutaker,Betterman,Excel Saga,Hellsing,Streetfight 2v,Jin-roh,Akira and Magic Users Club (and for you bastards who dont know.....Maho tsuki Tai)

Man the list goes on and on and on!!! Theres life after trigun

Petro
Location: In the Nuclear Blast Zone of Washington DC, Virginia
Org Profile

Post by Petro » Wed Aug 07, 2002 2:27 pm

My favorites include Vandread, Nadesico, Gatekeepers, Dual, Noir, fullmetal.panic!, RahXephon, and Witch Hunter Robin to name a few.

Some of those are only in fansubs right now, some are released in the US and some are licensed. If you want an idea of what Noir is about, I'd suggest watching my Noir AMV :wink: http://www.animemusicvideos.org/legacy/video.php?v=4551 it doesn't have any spoilers and I think it give a good representation of what makes the anime so cool without giving away too much. ^_^

AMVs are a great way to find anime to watch. "Believe" got me to watch Battle Athletes Victory (there's another good one - cheap too!) and Cauldwell's Engel video got me to watch Evangelion.

If you're looking for series' like CBBB and Trigun though, I'd suggest Outlaw Star. That's the 3rd anime in that trio of 3 that came out at the same time and had similar styles.
My Profile There are only 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary and those who don't.

thewhacker
Org Profile

Post by thewhacker » Wed Aug 07, 2002 4:49 pm

This is getting cunfusing i just started watching anime (watched dbz then i dbgt db trigun and cowboybebop) I guess i will go with anything i can find online. (kazaa) (and sorry if i can say that im getting things from kazaa havent read the rules yet but i will.)

none of my money is going to corporate pigs trying to take over the world

afleetinghope
Org Profile

Post by afleetinghope » Wed Aug 07, 2002 4:51 pm

X TV

Petro
Location: In the Nuclear Blast Zone of Washington DC, Virginia
Org Profile

Post by Petro » Wed Aug 07, 2002 5:00 pm

thewhacker wrote:none of my money is going to corporate pigs trying to take over the world
Dude, none of the anime companies are trying to take over the world. The entire anime market in the US grosses between $62-70 mil a YEAR. That's the entire industry! We're not talking the MIAA or the RIAA here - heck half the anime companies in the US even have their own Fansubbing groups!

You support anime companies, you support anime creators - unlike the RIAA where when you buy the major label CDs you get crap and the creators get nothing. :P

If you're looking for something cheap (price wise) I'd suggest Battle Athletes Victory - it's $10 a DVD. But like I said before: the trio for the style you wanted is Cowboy Bebop, Trigun, and Outlaw Star.
My Profile There are only 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary and those who don't.

leathelanime
Org Profile

Post by leathelanime » Wed Aug 07, 2002 5:13 pm

your cheating yourself out of true extasy is you download anime :wink:

SarahtheBoring
Org Profile

Post by SarahtheBoring » Wed Aug 07, 2002 7:42 pm

Riiiight, let's give even LESS backing to the already niche industry that presently shorts the NA market of many good titles, so they'll bring out even FEWER titles! That'll help for sure! :roll:

If you download, you download, but don't act like it's actually helping the situation.

thewhacker
Org Profile

Post by thewhacker » Thu Aug 08, 2002 8:40 am

Fine i will support the artist like naito or some thing the guy who created trigun. anyway I think i will go for berserk and gunsmith cats for now then look into something else.

DAMN YOU BILL GATES STOP CONTROLLING THE MINDS OF OUR CHILDREN

Return to “General Anime”