creating avatar... (how to?)

Harper
Org Profile

creating avatar... (how to?)

Post by Harper » Sat Jun 29, 2002 2:14 pm

Remembering that I have no idea how to do it, do you think you could help a bit? Thanks!

AbsoluteDestiny
Org Profile

Post by AbsoluteDestiny » Sat Jun 29, 2002 2:18 pm

Hi there,

I posted a thread about avatars below that has some details on the programs to use.

Have a read of it and if you think you need some more help making one post in that thread and I'll help you out.

In the meantime, enjoy the bunnygirl.

Brolli411
Org Profile

File size.

Post by Brolli411 » Sat Jun 29, 2002 7:24 pm

I've already got the Avatar (cropped from a screen capture), but there’s one problem. The size is too big. I've been pulling my hair out, its only 2KB short! Dose anyone know any good solution to this without sacrificing TOO MUCH quality?

pmfreak
Org Profile

Re: File size.

Post by pmfreak » Sat Jun 29, 2002 7:31 pm

brolli411 wrote:I've already got the Avatar (cropped from a screen capture), but there’s one problem. The size is too big. I've been pulling my hair out, its only 2KB short! Dose anyone know any good solution to this without sacrificing TOO MUCH quality?
Why don't you use the "Link to off-site Avatar" opinion, and put it on your website server, that's what I did. And look how big is my avatar... IT'S LIKE 29 KBs... OH WOW!!!

jbone
Org Profile

Re: File size.

Post by jbone » Sat Jun 29, 2002 8:05 pm

pmfreak wrote:Why don't you use the "Link to off-site Avatar" opinion, and put it on your website server, that's what I did. And look how big is my avatar... IT'S LIKE 29 KBs... OH WOW!!!
Sigh...you're a fsking moron.

The Wired Knight
Org Profile

Post by The Wired Knight » Mon Jul 01, 2002 12:00 pm

The simpelest way, using photoshop, is this.

Open the image you want to use.
Select the portion of the picture you want as your avatar, making sure the selection is the shape you want the avatar as well.
Click Resize and set a percentage of the original you want to see.
Check the pixesl of width and height.
Repeat the resizing until you reach the desired size, adjusting the "percetange of the original" number as necessary.

That's how I make mine and I have tons of Avatars I have made on my computer.

AbsoluteDestiny
Org Profile

Post by AbsoluteDestiny » Mon Jul 01, 2002 12:07 pm

The Wired Knight wrote: Click Resize and set a percentage of the original you want to see.
Check the pixesl of width and height.
Repeat the resizing until you reach the desired size, adjusting the "percetange of the original" number as necessary.
That seems unnecessarily long-winded.

If your width is larger than your height then simply make sure "constrain proportions" is checked and enter 80 into the width box when you resize (or put it in the height box if height is the larger of the two).

That will give you the maximum size for that image. If you want to select a perfectly square area when cropping, hold down shift (I think, maybe it's alt... it's one of them) and then you can just resize to 80x80.

Return to “Site Help & Feedback”