creating avatar... (how to?)

This forum is for help with this web site. Please read the FAQ and then search this forum before asking questions here; most likely the question you are about to ask has already been answered.
User avatar
Harper
Joined: Wed Oct 03, 2001 3:45 pm
Location: Michigan
Contact:
Org Profile

creating avatar... (how to?)

Postby Harper » Sat Jun 29, 2002 2:14 pm

Remembering that I have no idea how to do it, do you think you could help a bit? Thanks!

User avatar
AbsoluteDestiny
Joined: Wed Aug 15, 2001 1:56 pm
Location: Oxford, UK
Contact:
Org Profile

Postby AbsoluteDestiny » Sat Jun 29, 2002 2:18 pm

Hi there,

I posted a thread about avatars below that has some details on the programs to use.

Have a read of it and if you think you need some more help making one post in that thread and I'll help you out.

In the meantime, enjoy the bunnygirl.

User avatar
Brolli411
Joined: Fri May 25, 2001 2:26 pm
Location: Columbus, Ohio
Contact:
Org Profile

File size.

Postby Brolli411 » Sat Jun 29, 2002 7:24 pm

I've already got the Avatar (cropped from a screen capture), but there’s one problem. The size is too big. I've been pulling my hair out, its only 2KB short! Dose anyone know any good solution to this without sacrificing TOO MUCH quality?

User avatar
pmfreak
Joined: Wed Dec 27, 2000 2:02 pm
Location: Chicago, IL
Contact:
Org Profile

Re: File size.

Postby pmfreak » Sat Jun 29, 2002 7:31 pm

brolli411 wrote:I've already got the Avatar (cropped from a screen capture), but there’s one problem. The size is too big. I've been pulling my hair out, its only 2KB short! Dose anyone know any good solution to this without sacrificing TOO MUCH quality?


Why don't you use the "Link to off-site Avatar" opinion, and put it on your website server, that's what I did. And look how big is my avatar... IT'S LIKE 29 KBs... OH WOW!!!

User avatar
jbone
Joined: Sat Jan 12, 2002 4:45 am
Status: Single. (Lllladies.)
Location: DC, USA
Contact:
Org Profile

Re: File size.

Postby jbone » Sat Jun 29, 2002 8:05 pm

pmfreak wrote:Why don't you use the "Link to off-site Avatar" opinion, and put it on your website server, that's what I did. And look how big is my avatar... IT'S LIKE 29 KBs... OH WOW!!!


Sigh...you're a fsking moron.

User avatar
The Wired Knight
Joined: Sun Jan 07, 2001 3:22 pm
Status: Attorney At Law
Location: Right next door to you
Contact:
Org Profile

Postby The Wired Knight » Mon Jul 01, 2002 12:00 pm

The simpelest way, using photoshop, is this.

Open the image you want to use.
Select the portion of the picture you want as your avatar, making sure the selection is the shape you want the avatar as well.
Click Resize and set a percentage of the original you want to see.
Check the pixesl of width and height.
Repeat the resizing until you reach the desired size, adjusting the "percetange of the original" number as necessary.

That's how I make mine and I have tons of Avatars I have made on my computer.

User avatar
AbsoluteDestiny
Joined: Wed Aug 15, 2001 1:56 pm
Location: Oxford, UK
Contact:
Org Profile

Postby AbsoluteDestiny » Mon Jul 01, 2002 12:07 pm

The Wired Knight wrote:Click Resize and set a percentage of the original you want to see.
Check the pixesl of width and height.
Repeat the resizing until you reach the desired size, adjusting the "percetange of the original" number as necessary.


That seems unnecessarily long-winded.

If your width is larger than your height then simply make sure "constrain proportions" is checked and enter 80 into the width box when you resize (or put it in the height box if height is the larger of the two).

That will give you the maximum size for that image. If you want to select a perfectly square area when cropping, hold down shift (I think, maybe it's alt... it's one of them) and then you can just resize to 80x80.


Return to “Site Help & Feedback”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: kireblue and 5 guests