looking for a specific contest

Announcement & discussion of Anime Music Video contests
Forum rules
Coordinators who fail to maintain necessary communication with entrants, or provide timey updates on results may be barred from announcing future events.
Gatsthedarksword
Org Profile

looking for a specific contest

Post by Gatsthedarksword » Wed Aug 07, 2002 1:15 pm

ok, now i'm sure this has been asked at least a thousand times but i want to ask because i need input. ok i recently created 2 music videos every body tells me they are some of the best they've seen, even people who don't like anime, and people who hate me admit i did a good job. but the problem is i want to put my vids to the test i wanna see how i stack up with people who have been making vids for quite a while, but i have no cd burner, almost no extra money, anyway my point is are there any amv contests that i don't have to attend the convention (unless it's in dallas in which case PLZ tell me where it is so i can go) and that will let me upload my video, i did that for a contest a while back(it didn't work too well, then my computer started to mess up so i missed the deadline) upload it to their site or something like that, every time i've tried to e-mail one of them my aol decides to not work. so plz help if you can.
"I'm a philosophy major. That means I can think deep thoughts about being unemployed."
Bruce Lee.

jbone
Org Profile

Post by jbone » Wed Aug 07, 2002 1:33 pm

You use AOL?

Ug.

Get a better ISP, then you'll be able to upload your videos to places. :)
"If someone feels the need to 'express' himself or herself with a huge graphical 'singature' that has nothing to do with anything, that person should reevaluate his or her reasons for needing said form of expression, possibly with the help of a licensed mental health practitioner."

Quu
Org Profile

Post by Quu » Wed Aug 07, 2002 1:41 pm

i would have suggested the pro contest at awa... since its peer review...

AWA allows for you tup upload your videos...
Lead me not to temptation, for I have deadlines

Gatsthedarksword
Org Profile

Post by Gatsthedarksword » Wed Aug 07, 2002 5:34 pm

i use a dsl setup but we used tro have aol, so i still use aol mail, if you can suggest a better free mail setup i'll use it but i really don't feel like searching all over the net for that, i've done it too many times with other stuff.
"I'm a philosophy major. That means I can think deep thoughts about being unemployed."
Bruce Lee.

jbone
Org Profile

Post by jbone » Wed Aug 07, 2002 5:42 pm

If you have DSL, then you can use your DSL provider to get an e-mail address. Most likely, you get one or more free POP3 accounts inciuded with your DSL subscription.
"If someone feels the need to 'express' himself or herself with a huge graphical 'singature' that has nothing to do with anything, that person should reevaluate his or her reasons for needing said form of expression, possibly with the help of a licensed mental health practitioner."

mexicanjunior
Org Profile

Re: looking for a specific contest

Post by mexicanjunior » Wed Aug 07, 2002 6:05 pm

Gatsthedarksword wrote:ok, now i'm sure this has been asked at least a thousand times but i want to ask because i need input. ok i recently created 2 music videos every body tells me they are some of the best they've seen, even people who don't like anime, and people who hate me admit i did a good job. but the problem is i want to put my vids to the test i wanna see how i stack up with people who have been making vids for quite a while, but i have no cd burner, almost no extra money, anyway my point is are there any amv contests that i don't have to attend the convention (unless it's in dallas in which case PLZ tell me where it is so i can go) and that will let me upload my video, i did that for a contest a while back(it didn't work too well, then my computer started to mess up so i missed the deadline) upload it to their site or something like that, every time i've tried to e-mail one of them my aol decides to not work. so plz help if you can.
There's a Dallas con at the end of this month and many of us TX AMV makers will be there. ^_^

www.animefest.org

Gatsthedarksword
Org Profile

Post by Gatsthedarksword » Thu Aug 08, 2002 10:56 am

really, what else can you tell me about it, i gotta go, i've never been to an anime convention before and i would love to go to one.
Bruce Lee.

paizuri
Org Profile

Post by paizuri » Thu Aug 08, 2002 11:12 am

Is it just me or is Gatsthedarksword's avatar the most phallic thing I've yet seen here? (Well, besides the giant juicy penis pics from something-awful...)
My favorite video: Grilled Steak Trigun I LOVE THE COPS! Rargh!
I ain't 2 proud 2 beg! haha school rumble is great
Why do I always have the most preposterous sigs???
My current favorite thread. I'm a huge fan of GA-JAMMING.

fellowhoodlum
Org Profile

Post by fellowhoodlum » Thu Aug 08, 2002 11:15 am

I think he's compensating for something...

AbsoluteDestiny
Org Profile

Post by AbsoluteDestiny » Thu Aug 08, 2002 11:23 am

fellowhoodlum: I don't know what's scarier... your avatar or the fact that I know exactly what moment it's from.

Return to “AMV Contests”