Do Dazzel Cards Ware out?and produce horrid quality??

leathelanime
Org Profile

Do Dazzel Cards Ware out?and produce horrid quality??

Post by leathelanime » Sun Jun 30, 2002 12:44 pm

Ok first off....

I know alot of you my want to spma this post bad-mouthing on dazzel and I just wanna tell ya this aint that kinda post.

Ok I got a dazzel and a ATI all-in-wonder 128 16meg internal Capture card.Some would ask me why dont I use the ATI and my answer to that is.It cant Capture certain footage like Manga Dvd's and Urban Dvd's (Cant capture the Akira dvd either).Well anyway I got a question (the one at the top)Now iv had my dazzel for a long time....It never captured perfect but it always looked better than what its doing now.Its like the damn thing Captures the footage but there is Green and orange like pixels everywhere!And that sux!So I was wondering if they all ware out sooner or later.Cuz Im thinking about doing a Switch-er-roo at Bestbuy :twisted:

The Wired Knight
Org Profile

Post by The Wired Knight » Mon Jul 01, 2002 11:44 am

I don't know about it wearing out but I asked about this system a while back to the list when I was upgrading my own hardware and software. General consensus states that the system is old and outdated, overall it's not that great and rather clunky. Worst of all is that it is expensive for what it is. Purchase something else.

dokidoki
c0d3 m0nk3y
Org Profile

Post by dokidoki » Mon Jul 01, 2002 12:58 pm

The ATI AIW can't capture from certain sources due to Macrovision.
See this page: http://www.digital-digest.com/dvd/artic ... phics.html

Waldo
Org Profile

Post by Waldo » Mon Jul 01, 2002 4:06 pm

As far as I know Dazzel's shouldn't wear out over time. I have a three year old Dazzle DVC and it still works fine for the occasional long capture(40+ minutes). I assuming that you'd already gone to the Dazzle site and downloaded the lastest drivers. I find that sometimes I have to force the Dazzle to reinitialize its firmware in order to get it to capture correctly. This can be done by loading up the Dazzle software, changing one of the capture quality setting, then hitting OK. When a quality setting is changed, it reloads the firmware into the Dazzle DVC device. Your problem might be related to your USB connection however.

leathelanime
Org Profile

Post by leathelanime » Tue Jul 02, 2002 11:43 am

I see......Thx

DiemondDagger
Org Profile

Post by DiemondDagger » Wed Jul 03, 2002 1:22 am

*hugs his Dazzle*

Return to “Hardware Discussion”