Saber Marionette J Video

Feedback on cataloged Anime Music Videos

Moderators: Mol, seasons

Forum rules
Please observe the following unique rules for this forum:
  • Please limit your new threads (not replies) to one per week. If you have several new videos to announce, create one thread for all the videos. (Note: if you forget one you can edit your post!)
  • Offsite links are allowed, but you are required to have a catalog entry for that video as well. Threads announcing videos that do not contain a catalog entry will be moved to the Awaiting Catalog Entry sub-forum and will be deleted in 2 weeks if an entry is not created.
  • When posting announcements, it is recommended that you include links to the catalog entries (using the video ID) in your post.
  • Videos that do not contain anime are allowed to be announced in the Other Videos section and are not required to have catalog entries.
Tom the Fish
Org Profile

Saber Marionette J Video

Post by Tom the Fish » Tue Aug 06, 2002 10:59 am

I have just finished and posted my first video over the weekend. It is Saber Marionette J set to xmas trip by Run On. The URL for it is http://www.animemusicvideos.org/legacy/video.php?v=9996. Feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.
Tom

priuscomet
Org Profile

Post by priuscomet » Wed Aug 07, 2002 2:05 am

damn...

now this is a vid i'd like to check out. too bad i'm not up to downloading anything right now since i'm on a 56. SMJ is da ish! lol! well, i'll try to check it out sooner or later. gotta remember ur name though. heh...

trythil
is
Org Profile

Post by trythil » Wed Aug 07, 2002 2:11 am

Downloading now. I'll post an opinion for you as soon as I've watched it enough times to write one up.

RyanGlazner
Org Profile

Post by RyanGlazner » Wed Aug 07, 2002 2:38 am

Eh. I downloaded it, but it's giving me errors in every video player I try to play it in... is there a special codec or something I need to download?

trythil
is
Org Profile

Post by trythil » Wed Aug 07, 2002 2:52 am

Here's some technical data on the video that may help you; this was excerpted from my video player's debug output.

Code: Select all

video_decoder: using decoder >mpeg2dec< 
using video decoder plugin 'mpeg2dec'
libmpeg2: frame size is 352 x 240
libmpeg2: frame size 352 x 240
audio_decoder: using audio decoder plugin 'mad'
metronom: audio discontinuity #3, type is 2, disc_off 7053
metronom: waiting for video_discontinuity #3
video_decoder: new pts 7053
MAD is the MPEG Audio Decoder; it does just what it says it does -- decodes MPEG-1 and MPEG-2 (though not MPEG-2 multichannel, yet) streams. The rest of it, I think, is self-explanatory.

OmniStrata
Org Profile

Post by OmniStrata » Wed Aug 07, 2002 2:21 pm

Hey COMET!

Just cause your on a 56k doesn't mean you CAN'T download AMVs...

Get the darn video and give this nice person an opinion!

:twisted:
"Strength lies in action. Let the weak react to me..." - Kamahl, Pit Fighter from Magic: the Gathering
"That is a mistake many of my enemies make. They think before they act. I act before I think!" - Vortigern from Merlin ('98)
"I AM REBORN!" - Dark Schneider Bastard!! OAV

Petro
Location: In the Nuclear Blast Zone of Washington DC, Virginia
Org Profile

Post by Petro » Wed Aug 07, 2002 2:33 pm

Exactly! And some nice people like me even make super small versions of their videos (4-7 MB) in Real Player 9 format for people like you!

^_^
My Profile There are only 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary and those who don't.

Return to “AMV Announcements & Feedback”